Eunan to Swindon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This is not going to have any bearing on our play-off campaign what so ever( bit different when your manager is working for another club), and their is nothing to say this is actually true, almost any one can start a transfer rumour, time will tell.
Formerly known as forevertufc
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Complete bull. A very reliable source has told me eunan had deal sorted with a championship club back in early Feb. For decent money
londongull63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by londongull63 »

Swindon could end up anywhere in the division above - they could quite easily be bottom half and the way Di Canio throws his toys out the pram and chops and changes his team, which is going to happen more next year when they don't do so well, Eunan could feasibly end up spending half the time playing for a a mid-table div 1 team and half the time on their bench even though he's good enough to do much better than them.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Quite right, Swindon have not won the title this year, they have bought it. They won't be able to do that next year, so they will struggle (to whatever extent this is, but it won't be the walkover this season has been for them).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

It is just Di Canio presenting one player on his wish list and Sky turn that into fact. If he starts a bidding war for Eunan, then his timing is, as always, that of a very daft, very clumsy bull in a china shop (as well as very rude). We are in the play-offs Di Canio, now sod off and come back after May (or not).

Apart from that, Eunan could do much better than move to a club that is very unlikely to go further and a town that is merely somewhere that trains stop between Bristol and London.
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

According to Twitter and words of our captain marvellous 'calm down he is just taking his girlfriend on hols past Swindon' - lets concentrate on what is important and not get deflected like last season
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

gullintwoplaces wrote:It is just Di Canio presenting one player on his wish list and Sky turn that into fact.

Or a certain Board member telling more than just one person of Swindon's interest..................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Sexy_Gulls
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Sexy_Gulls »

I'm more worried about the reported £200k release cause. We all know Eunans going to go at some time so we need to make sure we get as much money as possible. £200k would be a joke.

Does anyone know if this release clause is true?
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Or a certain Board member telling more than just one person of Swindon's interest..................
Well we can't blame Buckle this time !

Really annoyed we might let a once in a lifetime opportunity to be Devons Top team slip away for the sake of a few quid.

Does make you wonder if Buckle was to blame for absolutely everything last season.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Eunan was in the team of the year, his profile is pretty high, so it stands to reason there would be interest.

would just be nice if it was kept under wraps until the season is over at least.

i heard this a couple of weeks ago, and hoped then it was nothing more than rumour. Eunan is a good lad, and more than capable of playing at a higher level. I just hope "when" he moves on, it's a good move for him and TUFC - Swindon would not be a good move in my opinion.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Sexy_Gulls wrote:I'm more worried about the reported £200k release cause. We all know Eunans going to go at some time so we need to make sure we get as much money as possible. £200k would be a joke.

Does anyone know if this release clause is true?
200k a joke? Don't forget we are Plainmoor Discount Centre when it comes to player sales. I would be pleasantly surprised if we got as much as that.

And whilst he is an exciting young talent, let's not get carried away. He's no David Graham.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

I was thinking that it was pretty good for us too, given our track record I was expecting 65k plus sell on!
still keeping the faith
Sexy_Gulls
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Sexy_Gulls »

jonnyfive wrote:
200k a joke? Don't forget we are Plainmoor Discount Centre when it comes to player sales. I would be pleasantly surprised if we got as much as that.

And whilst he is an exciting young talent, let's not get carried away. He's no David Graham.

Well considering he has been on the radar of many championship clubs and he signed a new contract earlier this season, it would be terrible business to have inserted a clause that would limit the extra money we would get from a bidding war. Obviously contracts will have a buy-out clause but £200k seems way to low. I'm not one of those who thinks hes worth millions, perhaps £400-500k if we play our cards right.

It's true we haven't got what we should have got for players recently, but remember that there is more than just player ability that decides a transfer fee. We have a squad of settled players who enjoy being here, most of whom are on long-term contracts. Compare that with the situation in previous years and it goes some way to explaining our low fees. The only player to leave this season was Chris Robertson and seeing as he was out of contract 6 months later to nab £50k (I think) for him is good business.

Basically a player of Eunan's ability and potential factored in with a long-term contract and a settled tight-knit atmosphere at the club should command a fee larger than £200k
knh31667
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: dave caldwell

Post by knh31667 »

i feel 200,00 plus billy bodin would be good business as we have an excellent ready made replacement on trial....craig easton..........get him signed.use some of the money strengthening in other areas so we have a better squad in depth
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Sexy_Gulls wrote:
Well considering he has been on the radar of many championship clubs and he signed a new contract earlier this season, it would be terrible business to have inserted a clause that would limit the extra money we would get from a bidding war. Obviously contracts will have a buy-out clause but £200k seems way to low. I'm not one of those who thinks hes worth millions, perhaps £400-500k if we play our cards right.
I doubt we inserted the clause - I could however well imagine that O'Kane inserted the clause as part of agreeing an extension and it would seem sensible that we agreed if that was the condition as the alternative would potentially be his contract running out and us having to sell at a discount or risk going to a tribunal.