Alarm Bells - Eunan to Crawley

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I will be disappointed if he goes to Crawley, 1) because he can do some much better than them and 2) I HATE CRAWLEY! However, if the price is right, we'll have to take the money and move on.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

I expect him to leave us for bigger and better things sooner or later, but if he goes to that shite hole i'll never forgive him and hope it all ends in tears. :devil:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:Right, calm down. We're pretty sure that Fatty left Cheaty because they had no money. Where are they suddenly getting the cash for Eunan? Eunan could have gone to anyone, he and his advisors know as well as anyone that Cheaty are a fly by night amateur outfit. It's a coin flip as to where they finish next year, and it is probably more likely that they'll struggle than succeed. He can do better.

Matt.

Where on earth did you get that idea from?

Look at the Managerial appointments they've made, do you really think they are running out of money?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Why else did he leave them with 5 minutes to go before promotion? That's like running the London Marathon, then deciding you can't be arsed when half way down the Mall.

There has been loads knocking about (including on the Crawley forum itself) about how they sold Tubbs and the other one to keep themselves on the right side of the Fair Play rules and that they will struggle next year with money and keeping themselves in line. Have a look at Barnet, Lawrie Sanchez, hardly big spenders are they. Plymouth had Peter Reid in charge while they were paying creditors (or is it debtors, I can never remember) 0.0000000000001p in the pound (robbing ****).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

He knew they had changes in mind, jumped before he was pushed. They had to sell players on high wages to stay within the budget rules. Their new stand was rushed through to attract more people and increase the allowable budget.
Dave

shaunicus
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by shaunicus »

Why wouldnt he go to Crawley? More money, football at a higher level? Get your head out of the clouds everyone, if Crawley offer him an attractive package and the price is right, he'll be off. And I wouldn't begrudge him that move for one minute - he's been fantastic for us.

Regardless of what you think of Crawley Town, by hook or by crook, they are a club that are going places.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes dead right - its what people cannot accept - they are a club with at least some ambition unlike us. They have made a ton of money from their excellent cup runs over the last couple of seasons - that isn't cheating, its actually getting good results.
They managed to get 800k for an average player in my book in Tubbs, but like every other club (except us) they don't let their best players go cheaply.
If anyone thinks we are going to be challenging for honours next year minus the keeper,O'Kane and Ellis then they are delluded. No doubt we will get 100k tops for all three of them
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

brucie wrote:

1)Yes dead right - its what people cannot accept - they are a club with at least some ambition unlike us.

2)They have made a ton of money from their excellent cup runs over the last couple of seasons - that isn't cheating, its actually getting good results.
1) I disagree, we are showing ambition but the budget we are on makes it far more difficult than when a club actually has money to spend.

2) They have had good results, once again though they have had to invest in the team first, something we can't largely do
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

No need to get my head out of the clouds , I agree, if offered the right package he will go their, and why not League 1 football chance to progress,and play for Sean O'Driscoll and the watchful eye of Steve Coppell.

Not sure what it is with us fan's, we dont want him to to Swindon because of DiCanio, we dont want him to go to Rotherham because of fatty mccheat, we dont him to go to Crawley, well because you know, their Crawley, jeez we are acting like an over protective dad , who has just realised his daughter has a boyfriend.

As for ambition, the problem is that requires money, and our club has not got much , people wont come untill the club shows ambition, the club cant show ambition untill the peolpe start getting of their backsides and support the club, then maybe we could afford to keep players like Eunan.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Don't like this !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18412454" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Well, if he goes there then he's a fool. As for £175k, once again we're allowing ourselves to be robbed. If Bodin goes elsewhere, then we really will have grabbed hold of the shitty end of the stick. I despair with football sometimes.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Bodin will be going elsewhere - also on the bbc it is reported with Crewe are after him. Once they are armed with £2million up front from Nick Powell's impending move to Man U, they'll be able to pay whatever BB wants, and whatever price a tribunal sets.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

£175k LOL if that's the fee the entire board should be sacked.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

royalgull wrote:£175k LOL if that's the fee the entire board should be sacked.
Best prepare some P45s then because if he goes, that'll be the fee
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Jeff wrote: Best prepare some P45s then because if he goes, that'll be the fee

Unless Crawley have rivals for his signature ;-)
Dave