Sondico???

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i think you'll find the home shirt will be same design, but with new manufacturer logo etc on. which is probably why there aren't any available yet.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

The current home shirt is awful. I wish they would get rid of it. Do not know much about Sondico, other than they didn't they used to make goaly gloves?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

In fact...go on their website and all it is goaly kit and accessories. I really hope we at least get bespoke kits like we did with Vandanel.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

it is definitely Sondico , the youth team have already been issued there training kit with their playing kit to follow but as far as i understand that will be all in place by next week as they are playing Chelsea.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I really disagree, and actually quite like the home shirt that we have at the moment, especially when you look around league 2 and see what some of the other teams are wearing. Lets just hope that when they change the manufacturers logos, that they also take off the ridiculous apostrophe. Oxford's kit is made by Nike, and to me it looks pretty average, and Argyle's kit (puma) also doesnt really jump out at me. I suppose its all subjective as I'l nearly always end up liking our strip, but I definatley don't think its any worse than many of the others floating around. (i.e Gillinghams Barbie change strip!)
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I agree it has to be about driving things forward, while at the same time making things timeless so as not to alienate fans who have supported the club for decades. And maybe for that reason, putting "THE GULLS' " on the back was going a bit too far! Especially as no one bothered to go on tinternet and spellcheck it.
Vandanel definately can be hit and miss, but lets hope sondico, in a bid to launch their new (and yet somehow non existant!) bespoke kit brand don't go crazy to make an impression. Id much rather they start slow and play it safe.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

hector wrote:The current home shirt is awful. I wish they would get rid of it. Do not know much about Sondico, other than they didn't they used to make goaly gloves?

I agree.

All I know about Sondico is that my fiance used to play for a footie team when he was 8 or 9, and that was the maker of his kit..... :lol:
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I really like the current home shirt. You have to think what a small room to manouever these design companies have. Let's face it they always have to go with yellow and blue or the fans would be up in arms and there are only so many things they can do with the same colours. When they changed the shade slightly a few years ago people were really unhappy with it. The current shirt is really good imo and has the traditional torquay 'things' on it and is also fairly stylish and not something we have seen before. I'll be interested to see what Sondico come up with though, although I've always seen them as a 'budget' sports company. Which is fair from the view of the board I guess; if it saves us a few quid.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

To be fair to Vandanel, I cannot think of many kits I have not liked that they have produced for us. I think the current home kit is the first I have not liked, even though, initially, I thought its design promising. The kit we had in the Conference wasn't great, partly because of the strange shade of yellow and that also was the only kit they have done for us that seemed to share a template with a different team - Gillingham in the case of the kit from 2007-9.

But Vandanel have also given us some great kits - the blue away, the all yellow and all white from 2 years ago and the all black eventually won me over also. At least with Vandanel we got bespoke kits which if we had someone like adidas, puma or nike, we would just get a yellow version of whatever anyone else who had the same companies got.

Burnley's kit is the same template as Plymouth. Coventry the same as Cardiff. Bristol City the same as Hull. All the same designs just in a different colour. The smaller companies at least give the smaller clubs a chance of a unique kit.

Furthermore, have someone like adidas or puma and it seems most clubs are tied into changing both kits every year.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

sondico own the admiral brand, so hopefully our kit will be branded that way?
still keeping the faith
Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

saw some reserve/youth players yesterday and all three of them had sondico bags
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

The family stand is now renamed the Sondico stand, according to the HE website. Ripping out the seats and putting new ones in aswell.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

The seat replacement I don't mind but the Sondico stand? Let's see how good your kit is before we stop calling it the family stand!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

cambgull wrote:The seat replacement I don't mind but the Sondico stand? Let's see how good your kit is before we stop calling it the family stand!
It will always be the Family Stand and if Sondico throw us a few quid the re-name it (whilst we all know it is still the Family Stand!) then I am happy with that!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

I wouldn't have thought the club would throw the naming of the family stand in cheaply, and with falling attendances this kind of money is essential for the club.

Sondico Stand ain't to bad...we could be playing in the Sports Direct Arena, and what kind of muppets would let that happen to their club?