Jo Kuffour on a free?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

I meant in comparison to Morris and Jarvis doing the jobs there last night, that was the reason we looked so pedestrian last night, not because of Rene. And I ont mean that comment as a criticism of Morris and Jarvis who both worked hard but were out of position.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Richinns wrote:Agree

Ling has said he does not see Jarvis as on the wing in the 4-4-3 so he is probably the back-up for Rene as things stand. I have said (and many others) that another striker is needed but this has not come from last nights defeat. Think Ling will use the Loan option if he feels this is becoming a real issue.
If we played that formation last night we really should've won!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Dinger has made it quite clear that he likes to play with one striker, whether is be in a 4-3-3 or a 4-5-1.
Howe appears to the the current number one with Jarvis being his backup and the kids after that. We can't afford a third senior striker, if we need one through injury or suspension then I'm sure Dinger will stick his finger in the loan pie ;-)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Ling did mention that we were short up top. In an article called Answers from within on the o/s, he said
“I think the answers are already in the building and that will allow us to spend money in possible other areas, i.e. centre-half and maybe centre-forward.”

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 06623.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;