Bristol Rovers v Torquay United - 20/10/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

No York knocks spots off Bristol plus there's no bloody southerners! :na:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

But there are far too many **** ing foreigners!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

That's part of the charm of York though Matt, not just foreigners who have come over here to scrounge and commit crimes but foreigners from all over the globe who come through choice to marvel in the medieval delights of a fine, historical English city. To interact with us and to spend their money in our economy and not to claim child benefit for kids that don't even live here and send it back home.There is a buzz about the place and the mix of foreigners and gruff northerners is a sublime marriage made in heaven. Foreigners who are willing to integrate and communicate, even when just on holiday are most welcome visitors.

NOTE: Obviously most of the people who come here from overseas are not criminals and layabouts but some are so there :na:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

but you've never been to bristol andy, i've been to york and whilst is it undoubtably lovely to look at, i feel that the cultural offerings, fine engineering and bohemian leanings of bristol gives it a victory on points over york
still keeping the faith
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Bixie, Highbury Vaults is my local, or one of. I live about 5 minutes from there. Are you going to be walking over to the game or taxiing?
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

************ ATTENTION **************

is anybody going to the game that wouldn't mind picking me up from the bus station and taking me to the ground with them?

Obviously i'll give you some petrol money!

Thank youuuuuuu!

P.S if not, does anyone know a bus service that goes to the stadium or nearby?
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Bristol Bus station? Its about half an hours walk, or you can get the number 70,75 or 76 from Haymarket, which is two minutes away.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Get yourself down the pub Scott and go and celebrate mate, i'm NOT going to Bristol Rovers CONFIRMED! :bow: :lol:

( I hope we lose now and play crap just to prove it's not down to me) :O
Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

Kernowgull wrote:Bristol Bus station? Its about half an hours walk, or you can get the number 70,75 or 76 from Haymarket, which is two minutes away.
thank you! do you know the bus services from the train station to the ground? as i dont know if i am going by train or bus yet
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

rachhii. You will find a link bus service that goes from Temple Meads station to the city centre via St James Barton Roundabout and the Bus station. there you can pick up the A38.
Just walk from there to the Gloucester road and pick up one of the motorised charabangs and get up to the Mem from there.
You might suggest but I could not possibly comment if your really naughty, you could pretend to have an appointment at the local hospital and jump on the NHS Link bus to the Hospitals just up the hill round the corner from the Bus Station. that will get you to the Hospital and there is a road that cuts straight through to the A38. the service is free. and more passengers will encourage them to keep the service on.. But I didn't say that.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

austrianandygull wrote:Get yourself down the pub Scott and go and celebrate mate, i'm NOT going to Bristol Rovers CONFIRMED! :bow: :lol:

( I hope we lose now and play crap just to prove it's not down to me) :O
The good Lord always looks favourably on the righteous :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

He has done my good man, he has given me an Austrian WC Qualifying win. Praise the Lord :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :lol:
Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

whats closer to their ground, parkway or temple meads?
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

rachii12 wrote:whats closer to their ground, parkway or temple meads?
Temple meads easily. The bus links well from there. you can get more than one service bus out to the stadium. As for distance. Then Parkway is closer as there is only a half mile walk to the begining of Filton Avenue and then you have a 2 mile walk along Filton Avenue before you get to the ground whereas the centre is more like 3 miles. there are buses that go along Filton Avenue but i don't know if their direct to horfield or take a lengthy route through the estate, I would wear colour along this road though, Not if you value your health.Not all are Rovers fans, there are City fans who live along there and some are just a bunch of idiots who don't care about football but love to trash the area.
I have just looked them up
These are bus routes where you can get partway from Parkway.There I'm a poet and I know it. or Indeed all the way if the times are right.
73. This bus goes past the end of the stadium. ask for the Mem at Filton Avenue. First group/City line.
502 gets you from Parkway to the top of Souhmead road. ask to be put off at Filton Church roundabout. the church aint there any more it's an alarm company HQ but it's still known as Filton Church. you can walk to the ground from there. about 1/2 mile. Wessex Connect
18 this may also go the same way. It goes to Southmead Hospital. you can walk through the hospital and come out near the ground. up past the Teritorial army Barracks. First Group/City Line.
This should help. Either option will work by the looks of it.
if you come into Temple Meads or by bus. As you come up Gloucester Road. There is a great chippy just down from the Mem. it's got a blue front but I cannot remember for the life of me what it's called. they got football clippings from Rovers games of the past on the wall. a real bunch of footy fans and a great place to eat if you like to delve into football history. for total fans not just interested in TUFC. but football in general. Their on the right just before you get to Filton Ave junction
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

thank you very much :)