FA Cup Round 3: Torquay United vs Carlisle United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

That was a genuine answer, to the best of my knowledge and as I have definitely mentioned in another thread, the prices are the same as for a normal league match, hence I put in my first reply that it'd be £13. GRRRRRRRRR!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

it has been raining the past two days now non stop, will it take its toll on the pitch? bloody hope not! :rofl:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

08.05am and just looked out the window to see the Plainmoor floodlights on. Groundstaff working on the pitch ?
It isn't raining at the moment and there is a drying wind. I don't see a problem with the game not being on, unless there's a downpour of Biblical proportions.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Obviously I'm hopeful we win this game. Sadly, I don't see the attendance for this match breaking any records. At best 3500, at worst 2200, probably around the 2800 - 3000 mark ?

Money is short, people are being squeezed, unemployment, expense of Christmas/New Year, January/February bills to pay, another home game on Tuesday . . .
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I'll be disappointed with anything less than 3500 today, really.

As for the pricing, thought there was an Under-18 price?

Ah well, more money to the club I guess.

Yellow4life; you going?
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

NickGull wrote:

Yellow4life; you going?

I am! :mrgreen:
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Looking forward to what could be Bucks' last game in charge. Coming down on my own because my Dad can't make it, but it's my last chance to see a game before I go back to uni.

However, despite us being a good cup team, I think we will lose today. They will just have a little bit too much quality for our ailing defence. 2-1 to them, goal from Billy Kee, who should definitely start on the evidence of last week.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Yellow4life wrote:
I am! :mrgreen:
Good to see you're forking out money for once! ;-)
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Sounds like Branno is back in contention which is good. And also surprising, given that it looked pretty serious when he went off at hereford. Damian Davey never ceases to amaze how quickly he can get people fit again.

Should be an interesting tie. Carlisle have a few players missing, and according to the Herald have only one fit out-and-out centre half. Surely that indicates we should try 2 up front, give their makeshift backline a bit of work to do. As has been said previously, I don't think anyone would be too upset if we gave it a real go and got knocked out, it would be if we played negatively and went out 1-0 that would annoy.

Gut feeling: 1-1 draw which gives us a replay our fixture congestion doesn't need, we then get a cracking tie if we win the replay but end up surrendering meekly up in Cumbria.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

A 23rd minute goal by Benners will send us all into raptures and a resolute defence, bolstered by the return of the Pickler, will hold firm all game. The second half will produce some amazing football from the Gulls but we will end up frustrated by the amount of shots on goal not being turned into goals themselves.
In the 79th minute we will get the 2 goal cushion our pressure deserves, with Zebs going on a mazy run, cutting inside, squaring it to O'Kane who has Kee free on the right of him. He will release Kee who will fire it into the top left hand corner.

Crowd - 3152

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Team in, only downside for me is that Super Billy on bench. Danny starts. We can do this.......COYY
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

COME ON UNITED!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Am ridiculously excited about this game...sounds like a good atmosphere there!!!
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

GOAL!!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

O'KANE!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!