Barnet v Torquay United - 6/11/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

hopefully we will get something tomorrow night, had planned to go to this game for months but uni got in the way.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

1 - 0 to the gulls tonight. Hard slog against a side battling to stay in the league so it won't be pretty to watch. Can't make it to Underhill but I will be at the Kassam accompanied by the wifes uncle John from Doncaster, or he was before they moved to Forres in the frozen wastses of Scotland! Big Arsenal and Donny Rovers fan so the yellow army in full song at the Kassam may well stress him out as he's the wrong side of 70. COYYS!!!!!!!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Oblivion!!!!
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Awesome preview as usual Andy!

Seabiscuit! :rofl:

Think we will win tonight with Rene getting on the scoresheet but picking up a booking.

178 Away Fans

COYY!!
TUST No 278
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

not sure what the weather is like down in the bay, but up here it was damn cold this morning, ice scrapers out. given the amount of rain we've been having as well, i'm guessing the playing surface will be as shocking as the rest of the "stadium 8/ ", so can't see anything but a scrappy game, with us winning by the single goal. the big question though, will they run out of pies by half time again ??
Brady

I Wish I Was There
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Yes Brady, they will run out of hot food. That is as certain as the perennial lack of soap in the Gents. Disgraceful for a premises which accommodates many hundreds of paying customers.

At least we always get a result there....
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I see this as a must win game as we will need to get our confidence levels back up after Saturdays disappointment.

Another tough game, especially with Barnet picking up form although like us, I am sure they will want to bounce back from a cup defeat.

Think we will nick it 2-1. Won't be easy to listen too but we'll get the job done.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Home from work and really up for it tonight. Expecting a positive reaction after Saturday's debacle, our boys will show us what they are made of. Expect the same 11 to put right the wrongs of the cup match. Under Lingy we have generally bounced back from disappointment in positive fashion.

Hate going to Barnet because it's a hovel but in my previous 4 visits we have won on each occasion, really hope that run extends tonight otherwise i'm going to be a grumpy gull in the morning!

Going to be baltic tonight so lets all warm ourselves up with a big sing-song. Hope to meet one or two forum members there. Safe journey all.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

My first away match since Hereford tonight.
I like Barnet. Good noise on the terrace and we usually win.
Frost in Essex this morning. Will be cold tonight.
costablancagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by costablancagull »

a Bodin hat-trick to silence the boo boys.All one on ones his speciality!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I fancy a Bodin goal tonight but in a 2-2 draw
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
HTAFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by HTAFC »

Harrogate Town fan in peace!

Good luck tonight and for the rest of the season guys!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

HTAFC wrote:Harrogate Town fan in peace!

Good luck tonight and for the rest of the season guys!

Cheers mate, good to have a Harrogate fan on here that isn't a total cock like some we've had. Enjoyed our banter on saturday during the game HTAFC and i hope you knock out Hastings and get a big tie and i hope that the annoying Harrogate fan that was on here t'other day having a pop falls over on a randomly splattered patch of vomit after a night out and breaks his legs thus meaning he'll have to miss the game. What a shame that would be!

Also in response to CostaBlancagull re: Bodin = Hat-trick. I've phoned the psychiatric home that you escaped from and they are out looking for you as we speak.

I'm positive tonight but i'm not THAT positive. I'd need some assistance from Deepak Chopra and morphine to believe THAT was going to happen! :lol:
If Billy starts tonight then i reckon Lingy has got it wrong and it will be a huge mistake. If he DOES start and plays well and bags a goal or two then i'll have to bite the bullet and come on here with some praise i guess. Whatever it is to be i hope the lad does well if he gets gametime.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
HTAFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by HTAFC »

austrianandygull wrote:[quote=Cheers mate, good to have a Harrogate fan on here that isn't a total cock like some we've had. Enjoyed our banter on saturday during the game HTAFC and i hope you knock out Hastings and get a big tie and i hope that the annoying Harrogate fan that was on here t'other day having a pop falls over on a randomly splattered patch of vomit after a night out and breaks his legs thus meaning he'll have to miss the game. What a shame that would be!
Ha, I will let him know!

I hope we get through, as we all know form means nothing in these situations! It is nice to dream of getting either Liverpool, Man U, Man City etc away however!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Well whoever it is to be hope it brings some cash into your club.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
costablancagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by costablancagull »

The men in white coats are knocking at the door.You have have to be afew few sausages short of a barbi to support the gulls though dont you?