Torquay United v Southend United - 17/11/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

Torquinians, should be abrieviated to QUINNS.

We'll win this one I think, a kick up the arse has been needed. Rene bagging a couple 3-0.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

We rarely do well against Sturrock teams. Would take a draw but think they'll edge it.

1-2 Southend.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I don't think Martin Rice was given enough credit for his excellent league debut last weekend. Likely to be playing again against Southend, to give Michael Poke a chance to recover. I predict another clean sheet, with the Gulls winning 1-0.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I think Howe will get back in the goals but ultimately our missed chances will cost us all three points once again.

1-1
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Gullscorer wrote:I don't think Martin Rice was given enough credit for his excellent league debut last weekend. Likely to be playing again against Southend, to give Michael Poke a chance to recover. I predict another clean sheet, with the Gulls winning 1-0.

Totally agree with that GS. Having never seen Ricey play i was a little concerned but many of you out there have said he is a capable replacement for Poke and it sounds like he did us proud. So a big pat on the back. I was more concerned about scoring a goal against oxford than conceding one.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

AlexGulls wrote:We rarely do well against Sturrock teams. Would take a draw but think they'll edge it.

1-2 Southend.
I'd back Ling against Sturrock most days, including Saturday. 1-0 .
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

Away end closed.

They should bring 'a few' down, well, more than the 42 of Harrogate, so putting them in the seats isn't a bad idea, could help the atmosphere.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'm surprised at that, i thought Southend were a well supported club and would bring plenty down.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

walshy wrote:Away end closed.

They should bring 'a few' down, well, more than the 42 of Harrogate, so putting them in the seats isn't a bad idea, could help the atmosphere.
They are, but I can't see them bringing any more than 450 down which is roughly the amount of seats we allocate. Probably a good idea, extra money for the club.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Is this going to be a regular occurence then becuase most teams that come to Plainmoor will not bring more than 400?
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Everyone apart from Exeter and Rovers plus the teams going near the top towards the end of the season..
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I suppose it would generate more income by forcing away fans to sit in the bench but will this detract from the atmosphere and aesthetics of a game having the away end empty all the time?
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I've closed this weekend from refereeing and will be attending this one, my last game was the Rochdale one!

Going for a 2-1 victory
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Jesus have you seen the pre-match thread on the Southend Shrimperzone forum? It makes my one sentence Oxford one look like a novel! Talk about can't be arsed.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

At least I won't have to boo that tosser Bilel Mohsni tomorrow, as he appears to be on loan at Ispwich. Really took against him last year, petulant in the extreme, and should have been sent off.