Aldershot vs Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
david gravy

Post by david gravy »

Glostergull - it has nothing to do with luck at all - we have been poor all season.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Glostergull wrote:I assume then that you blame the ref for every decision that has gone against us. Every ball that bobbled at the wrong time as we were attempting to shoot. every decision that each player made that didn't work. Sometimes they don't have the luck they needed to do it right. or are you the sort that wants to put it down to each and everyone making such a hash of every decision that they should hang their heads in shame for making the wrong decision. Sometimes it comes down to luck.
We were lucky that we made a right decision that Martin was the right bloke for the job,. it was our bad luck that he has been taken ill. I don't want to get into witch hunts for all those decisions that went agains't us. Some of it was damned bad luck. Ask Austrian. I bet he curses his luck at nearly ever horse that he backs at 25:1 that come is at Half past 6 Would he be looking to blame every trainer for that horse. ( wondering of course in case he had them turned into horse meat)
Not a very coherent response, but I couldn't pick out any specific examples of bad luck, other than that suffered by every single team in every single match?

There is no evidence that any of our players desecrated an Egyptian tomb on their summer hols, thereby bringing an ancient curse upon Plainmoor. Don't recall it raining frogs at any point (not since Priso, Sako and Sow anyway).

Our team has played poorly in most games. That is why we are near the bottom.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Dave Caldwell
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Dave Caldwell »

Very inportant game tonight, one i think will shape the season! Think the forum will be a busy site tonight!

Hope all you going to support have a enjoyable not fustrating evening good luck!
:)
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

My Team, time to go 4-4-2 and actually start having a go. Stevens in because he's a natural wide player as is Macklin, Stevens will give Nicho some cover defensively as well, Easton and Mansell in the middle to hopefully give us a solid base so we can use our wide players and get balls into the box for Rene and Elliot.

Poke

Leadbitter
Saah
Downes
Nicho

Macklin
Mansell
Easton
Stevens

Benyon
Howe

Subs
Rice
Bodin
Lathrope
MacDonald
Jarvis
Cruise
Craig
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Although it is highly unlikely an official confirmation will be made before tonights game I would hope the step in Manager/Coach will be at the game tonight - to gain an insight into what he is taking on so we do not have another game on Saturday without their influence on it.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

----------------------Poke

Leadbitter----Saah-------Downes------Cruise

Bodin--------Mansell-------Craig-------Stevens

---------------Benyon-------Howe

Rice
Macdonald
Nicholson
Easton
Macklin
Yeoman
Jarvis

We haven't scored a goal from open play for bloody ages and we won't until we have some sort of creativity in the middle of midfield. PLEASE put Nathan Craig in there. I don't want to see another battling 1-0 loss with no attempt to attack their goal. I've been saying this since he was taken out after our victory at York! Nicholson has been shocking recently and needs a "rest". I'd like to see Bodin link up with Leadbitter down the right and Stevens has always popped up with a goal for us so get him on the pitch.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

S**t or bust tonight.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We've been poor all season, with more or less the same team.. We need to score more goals to win games. We must make a few changes and give other players a chance to impress. But do we wait until we've achieved enough points for safety, with the risk that we may not get those points, or do we take a gamble now in the hope that some of our reserves and youngsters will come in and do the business..? If so, who would we bring in..?
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I see that Craig Stanley may be in line to make his first appearance of the season (and Shots debut). What are the chances he comes of the bench to bury us...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Just remember if we are 0-3 down all is not lost, I was at the game at home fixture at Plainmoor in October. The first 0-3 down 4-3 win I can remember. The first official time Bristows bench went mental I believe and I was there!
I had to expain to my niece and the 2 nippers that this definitely didn't happen every week! :lol:

COYY!!
TUST No 278
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

AlexGulls wrote:I think its called La Fontaine could be wrong mind..

Also heading to this one. Hopefully as many fans who can make it do go. If there is a game we really need to back the lads in its this one. Regardless of our woeful run and performances this is the biggest game of the season so far and we really need to get behind them now and try and get out of this run.
Does anyone know if it's possible to park up near the Fontaine ?? I usually park in the little car park by the ground, and go into the pub across the road from there (called the Crimea or something). i'll head for the Fontaine if i get there in time for a pint.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Yeah there's loads of street parking mate, we parked up there last year.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

It is a glorious evening in Aldershot and hopefully we can somehow gain a victory. I still think it will be a goal less bore draw but I am looking forward to making some noise tonight.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Loads of positive thinking and visualising the gulls celebrating is in my head!!!!! COYYS Keep believing and it will happen :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: If you are going then make some noise fore me :)
Oblivion!!!!
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

oxgull wrote:Loads of positive thinking and visualising the gulls celebrating is in my head!!!!! COYYS Keep believing and it will happen :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: If you are going then make some noise fore me :)
Love your positivity. We might not concede tonight and get a 0-0 if we're lucky!!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!