Accrington Stanley v Torquay United - 2/3/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

did anyone see the crowd for daggers and the wombles last week, local london derby, 2,200, looked like 5-600 womble fans, and we think we got it bad
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

coley wrote:The only positive feature of the present situation seems to be that at least the usuall abusive and insulting 'happy clappy' mob have chilled and maybe are now listening to the people that they were attacking !
If you could point out the posts where "happy clappers" were abusive and insulting then that would be great, as I (and the other Admin and Mods) appear to have missed them.

Indeed, recently the only posts that have been deemed to have been offensive were written by people that I would most definately put into the "dark side" posters.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

'Dark side posters'?

Don't you mean 'glossy pictures of Darth Vader'? :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

If we start with the same old 11 and can get to half-time without conceding then I'm going for a 2-0 loss. If we concede early then it could be 6 or 7. I'm just not confident in Nicho/Macdonald on the left of defence.

If we change things and play with different left-back/right-wing/midfielder then we may still lose heavily but at least we will have tried something different - that is all I ask.

2-0 loss Beattie to score both. 1602 in attendance.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by coley in stripes »

If you could point out the posts where "happy clappers" were abusive and insulting then that would be great, as I (and the other Admin and Mods) appear to have missed them.

Indeed, recently the only posts that have been deemed to have been offensive were written by people that I would most definately put into the "dark side" posters.[/quote]

Scott, only just dared to come back on site after posts dated 31st December in 'Why so negative' page 4
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Hey, welcome back Coley!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Thanks Andy. I have been reading the posts and agree with you regarding the 'people in power' and the way forward, shame that others didn't agree, wouldn't be in this s**t now.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

coley wrote:Thanks Andy. I have been reading the posts and agree with you regarding the 'people in power' and the way forward, shame that others didn't agree, wouldn't be in this s**t now.
No probs mate. It doesn't really matter if people DON'T agree with me but only when they proceed to ridicule MY view which is what happened a lot of the time. Anyway, it doesn't matter now, even if we DID all agree that we had massive problems that could result in relegation back in October then we would still be in this sh*t anyway because we're just fans on a forum. It's the board, players and management that have done this and not us.

We'll be ok Coley, we'll get out of it and come next season after a enlightening summer there will be no more need for us to complain. :clap: :)
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Yes, I think we will stay up but we are the team in the worst position. While others in the battle are nicking the odd point or three, we are in 'Free fall'. If we can some how stop ourselves, we are sure to recover...Need and should be capable of 5/6 points from our next 4 games, any more and problem sorted.

If we survive, I'm not going to complain any more cos as you say 'there's nothing we can do about it'.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

We can still complain otherwise life wouldn't be fun anymore! :lol:
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Now that's a sensible point !!!! I think that one of the major differances between people on this site is that with some me included) following the 'Gulls' is a serious hobby but when a hobby stops becoming fun then you do question things BUT with others it seems to be the reason for living and they don't understand that we are not all the same.

Anyway 'We will win Saturday and all be 'mates' again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gurneygibbs23
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: jean pierre simb

Post by gurneygibbs23 »

The defence has now gone down the pan without Aaron Downes. Saah was basically a one man defence on tuesday night. The rest including Poke were a joke.
You would of thought that professional footballers would have the time and have a coach making them learn to use their other foot. Some learn, and some don't.
A good example is that Downes and Howe are both able with their weaker left foot. This can get you out of a tight situation! Nicho and Leadbitter both had opportunities to clear but would not use their weaker foot and put us in trouble on several occaisions. Not asking for them to score screamers, just be able to pass 3 yards or clear it with weaker foot.

Knill needs to sign 2 fullbacks and a centre back on loan, thats before we look at the centre midfielders!

If only the board got Ling by the scruff of the neck and told him to stop playing that awful way and Ling said well im off if you dont give me some cash for loan signings...

Maybe just maybe this situation would of not happened.

Anway heres to a fluke win at accrington, i predict some luck, maybe a sending off and 2 penalties will get us the 3 points!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Coley,

Without wishing to dredge up the past - the poster you are referring to is no longer able to post on this site, so you should find that you are able to post on here without getting "abuse" - maybe opinions that you disagree with, but certainly not abuse.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Thanks Scott. I was just answering the point that you made. The abusive posts were unnecessary and made me leave the site and I don't really want a repeat BUT as you say that's all in the past !
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

gurneygibbs23 wrote: You would of thought that professional footballers would have the time and have a coach making them learn to use their other foot. Some learn, and some don't.
A good example is that Downes and Howe are both able with their weaker left foot. This can get you out of a tight situation! Nicho and Leadbitter both had opportunities to clear but would not use their weaker foot and put us in trouble on several occaisions. Not asking for them to score screamers, just be able to pass 3 yards or clear it with weaker foot.
:goodpost: :clap:

something i have said for absolutely years. if players dont work on their weaker foot and at least try and use it that surely limits their game. if they arent prepared to put the work in or find the time to practice then their attitude is not good enough.they do not deserve to be professional footballers.

even though league 2 players are not paid like their higher division counterparts they should still be dedicated to improving their craft. this is probably partly why they are league 2 players.i hear and read so often about how the top players do extra practice and training to improve the weaknesses in their game as well as fine tuning the strengths.
do our players do this. as i have said before what the hell do they do in training, what the hell are the coaches doing.

i got slaughtered on here recently for saying i expect professional footballers to have adequate skill in all aspects of the game such as passing, dribbling, heading, shooting, tackling, and yeah, you can add kicking with both feet to that. is it too much to ask of footballers who are supposed to be professionals. i would have thought considering how hard it is to become a pro footballer these things should be basic criteria.

this is part of the problem in this country our football and footballers base too much emphasise on physicality, pace and huff and puff and not enough on the basics and technical aspects of the game.little things like using both feet make a big difference and should be compulsory if not trained and engrained into a player. granted a lot of players put in a lot of effort on the pitch but if they all passed the ball properly to each other it takes the opposition apart and expells a lot less energy, therefore leaving players fitter towards the end of a game.

:scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).