Torquay United v Oxford United - 9/3/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

RN Gull wrote: In all seriousness what do you check for?

Check this Family Guy sketch :

Note : humorous Gloster appears to have got his test tickles in a twist with his prostate.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

All males are entitled to a PSA test-(Prostate Specific Antigen) from their GP. This is a blood test. Men often have PSA in their blood but raised levels may show that you have a problem-but not necessarily prostate cancer.
As someone who has had close relatives with prostate cancer and have several friends living with the disease I fully endorse Gloster's appeal for support for this cause on Saturday.
Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

Trojan 67 wrote:Note : humorous Gloster appears to have got his test tickles in a twist with his prostate.
Yes, Gloster may need some basic tips on the male anatomy. I'm not a medical man myself, but DON'T try and check your prostate via your nutsack, excuse the pun, but it's in the wrong ballpark!!! :~D

PS: Well done for the collection Gloster, it's for a very worthwhile cause, hope you raise lots of money and your mate gets well.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

In the opening thread the expression "happy-clappers" is used. What does this mean? If it is directed at fans who cheer and clap all the good stuff during a game, then I am a "happy-clapper". However, this does not mean I am not worried, sad and sometimes angry. I clap the players at the end of a game, even if we have lost and have been terrible. I believe the players are well aware of how their own performance has been and don't need me to point that out. I clap because Torquay United are my team and I will keep supporting them through good and bad times. I am not ashamed of this and think it is important to every club to have people who clap for obvious reasons.

If, on the other hand, a happy-clapper is a Torquay fan who claps everything whilst smiling and has only the emotion of happiness whatever the result or performance, well I have never met such a person and do not believe they exist !
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

oxford 0-4 down before ht at home to fattys boys!!

can guarantee that they wont be behind by the same score at the same time on saturday!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

speaking as a nurse, you cannot check your prostate via your testicles, unless you were to shove the skin up your bum with your finger!! its a PR (per rectum, latin for up the bum), by a medical professional, inspection to check for any enlargement, but can be easily verified by a blood test for PSA

testicles should, of course, be checkly at least weekly, during your bath preferably, by rolling them gently around between your fingers to check for any abnormal lumps, usually non painful, the lumps, not the rolling which can be if you squeeze too tightly, or twist them too much, neither recommended!!

i'll put that in my portfolio, health education in practice!!
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 05 Mar 2013, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

What the hell Bixie?!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

RN gull asked, just doing my job steve!! sorry if i've caused you any upset!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

good job he didnt ask what retrograde ejaculation is??!!
still keeping the faith
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread and wondered why the hell you were spouting off about everyone's balls!

I guess I just never expected to learn that information from a Torquay match thread!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

Very heavy defeat for Oxford tonight and by all accounts they were terrible, guess Saturday we could get a backlash from them or they may feel a bit demoralised, especially as they really had to win tonight to cling onto any very faint hopes of the play-offs. They now look destined for a mid table finish and may take their foot off the gas. I'm still lacking the confidence to whole-heartedly predict a win for us but do have a sneaking feeling that we might nick this one.
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Also when the Doctor is checking your prostate gland make sure he doesn't have both hands on your shoulders.

I'll get me coat.
TUST No 278
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:rofl:

Doesn't bear thinking about though! :Z
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Bitchie Renault wrote:Very heavy defeat for Oxford tonight and by all accounts they were terrible, guess Saturday we could get a backlash from them or they may feel a bit demoralised, especially as they really had to win tonight to cling onto any very faint hopes of the play-offs. They now look destined for a mid table finish and may take their foot off the gas. I'm still lacking the confidence to whole-heartedly predict a win for us but do have a sneaking feeling that we might nick this one.

Local Radio Jack FM is very p$$$$$d off this morning after Rovrum hammered the big yellow banana boys 4 - 0 last night. Could be a good time to play em :) They tend to go overboard when they are winning but get very depressed very quickly when they don't. Yes, I agree, a mid table finish for them and more underachievement for a big club at our level.
Oblivion!!!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

chardie wrote:Also when the Doctor is checking your prostate gland make sure he doesn't have both hands on your shoulders.

I'll get me coat.
Just read this and fell off my chair, brilliant... :rofl:
Formerly known as forevertufc