Torquay United v Bradford City - 1/4/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Another two points dropped by York. They played well at Bristol, but still couldn't win. Hopefully their spirit is now being well and truly crushed. I hope for a goalless draw between York and Argyle on Monday, failing that a win for Argyle (they are on a roll and another home defeat for York would help us no end).
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Yes, I too think that a win on Monday would be enough for us to feel confident of survival. However, it is so tight at the bottom that a loss would hand the initiative to others.

I am predicting a draw though - as usual sitting on the fence!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

I see it as a point gained by York especially as we lost. York are struggling and I don't think they will overtake us BUT the point is that others are gaining unexpected points, we are not, we have just got ourselves back in the fight but still need to'step up a gear'. People seem to have got it into their heads that 50 points will be enough (historically) but there is a real fight going on. The target should be 52...A lot hinges on Monday, a win would be great, a draw puts on pressure and a loss will be tragic and probably put us down.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

I,m not too worried bout monday as i think we'l get something - also by the time we play rovers at home on the last day there is a real chance they won't have anything to play for? so a chance there i reckon, as many said already that we can influence our fate thru our home games

Keep the faith innit :scarf:
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

The attendance and its vocal backing will prove vital. Robbotufc, flatulencelover and myself always shout our best. On Monday we will have to do our very best and some to even come close to influencing a result in our favour.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

Yes trojan the crowd were brilliant for the york game!!!
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

sorry coley, dont agree we have played well in the last few games and were undone last night by the usual bad officals in this league, i think that york and aldershot are gone, york have now gone 16 without a win and i think plymouth will get something up there on monday, we however are looking like a half decent team and im sure we will be fine.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Robiberto22 wrote:Yes trojan the crowd were brilliant for the york game!!!
A 3500+(?) attendance making a deafening racket will hopefully surpass the York match atmosphere. :scarf: :clap: :scarf:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

thats it trojan, the crowd have done ther bit now they need to do it again on monday, coyy! :scarf: :clap:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Following on from my reply to coley on the deadling thread, what I have just realized is, if York and Aldershot's current form continues and they take the same number of pts from their previous 6 games, in their last run of fixtures niether will get to 46 pts, of course you can not count on that, but we could already have enough pts to stay up.. :clap:
Formerly known as forevertufc
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

I agree here in the fact that we have to win this one. Do that and we are just about there although I would be happier with 52 points. No mid table mediocracy for us is there???? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: life is always interesting at TUFC :-/ hope my nerves can take it.
Oblivion!!!!
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

went and saw Exeter vs Bradford a couple of weeks back, Bradford were hopeless, and the keeper gave away two goals. having said that, they'll probably beat us, 0-3.
The gulls are going up
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

forevertufc you failed to mention Aldershot ALSO have to play Rotherham away a very difficult game to get anything. A win against Bradford will take the pressure off and I hope Alan Knill restores Downes because Hanson is very good scoring with headers in the penalty box.
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular

Post by robbotufc »

i had a problem with Trojan at the York match,when he had a gob full of my toffees,he went very quiet for a while during the game :whistle:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

robbotufc wrote:i had a problem with Trojan at the York match,when he had a gob full of my toffees,he went very quiet for a while during the game :whistle:
sorry mate i dont believe you.....

although there is a first time for anything..... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468