Torquay United V Bristol Rovers 27th April 2013

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

KentGull wrote:Bloody hell GG... I've just had to book half a day off work to read all that!

:goodpost:
You should think yourself lucky. I had to book a week off work to write it.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

A Candy wrote:Hi Adelaide Gull,
I have received your email and will sort you so don't worry. Will reply to your email tomorrow.
Regards,
Andrew
Damn. I have to move to get a ticket from Mr Candy. Right it's The US for me next week. lol :lol:

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Having read the reports on the Rovers game Yesterday. I am sure John Ward will be naming an attacking side. It will be the sort of side Rovers fans have been used to in the past with only the last couple of seasons as an exception. They have a strong side and it will be difficult to break them down. If we can get a positive result from this game we will have really excelled Ourselves. Although I have faith in our defense. it has been fairly reasonable all season. we have not had much in a way of hammerings. if the forward line can't get goals then we are bound to be in trouble. The defense can't keep everything out. But if Yeoman is allowed his feet I have a feeling we will be able to spring a surprise in this one.
The main thing is to keep Rovers at bay. Shut the door on Brunt, Norburn Tounkara and McChrystal and we can stop them playing.
Let them 4 play and we will be in trouble.

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We cannot just sit back trying to contain Rovers and hoping to score a winning breakaway goal. We've kept very few clean sheets this year, so we really must play a speedy attacking game. We're playing at home, for heaven's sake. And despite their improved form this year, other teams have shown that Rovers are beatable. We should attack non-stop, and go for a resounding win, which we can use as a springboard for a flying start next season.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Preview up on the main site.
Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

Good write up Gloster, can you please do it every week next season to save us from the other tosh?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Bitchie Renault wrote:Good write up Gloster, can you please do it every week next season to save us from the other tosh?
When the yodelling Austrian Tyke sees that he'll be on here spanking your arse
:clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

Trojan 67 wrote:When the yodelling Austrian Tyke sees that he'll be on here spanking your arse
Does 'Spanking your arse' translate as 'Having yet another childish mental breakdown'? :~D
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Trojan 67 wrote: When the yodelling Austrian Tyke sees that he'll be on here spanking your arse
hes incaperble of spanking his own, never mind someone elses.............
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

In the same way with Cheltenham and McGlashan - I do hope someone has told Knill about the torrid time Oastler had with Broghammer before getting sent-off. We can't let him do this again! Rest assured the player will remember it!
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

tauntongull wrote:In the same way with Cheltenham and McGlashan - I do hope someone has told Knill about the torrid time Oastler had with Broghammer before getting sent-off. We can't let him do this again! Rest assured the player will remember it!
my answer TauntonGull, of course, as usual is..........Give him a leveller!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

tauntongull wrote:In the same way with Cheltenham and McGlashan - I do hope someone has told Knill about the torrid time Oastler had with Broghammer before getting sent-off. We can't let him do this again! Rest assured the player will remember it!
Indeed. Saying that I thought Oastler had stormer against Ellison on Saturday, he didn't let him through once. More of the same please Joe!
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

I remember when we had to get a draw in our last match in the 2005/6 season. We played Boston at home and drew 0-0. Terrific atmosphere that day and Yellow Army in celebratory mood after the Ian Atkins inspired side performed a miracle to stay up after being 6 points adrift at the bottom at one point.
The actual match was crap though-a real anti-climax.Boston didn't really go for it and we only did what we had to do-though we missed a fair few chances;I seem to remember Danny Hollands blasting one over from a couple of yards out.
Loads of singing in Boots and Laces before the match and Ian Atkins came in there after the match,grabbed a mic and thanked the Yellow Army for their support. Other results went our way that day,anyway.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Yeah, I remember that season and match well. Last day drama awaits and like the 2005-06 season, a team will go down setting a new points total at the wrong end of the table with possibly several teams above that all level on points and only separated by goal difference.

:O
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

CP Gull wrote:The only set of results that would see us down is as follows.....

Wimbledon v Fleetwood HOME WIN
D & R v York DRAW (any other outcome would see one or other finish below us, should we lose)
Northampton v Barnet AWAY WIN (a draw for Barnet could be enough, but only if we lose by FOUR!)
Rochdale v Plymouth DRAW or AWAY WIN even a narrow defeat for Argyle might see them
finish above us if we suffered a heavy defeat

All this assumes we LOSE, as we know, quite simply a DRAW will guarantee our safety!

Put CP Gull's post on here, it seems very unlikely that we will go down, but it can still happen!

Saturday is the last cup final we have to play this season, the last game of this pretty bleak season, the boys need all the support they can get one more time! The Rovers fans will be in their numbers and will be making a great noise, we need to do the same. All we need is a draw, but we need the mentality to win!

Come on United! For one more time! :scarf: WE ARE STAYING UP!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.