Capacity?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Fonda wrote:Ok cheers. So, despite the Bench being twice the size of the old Grandstand, the capacity has barely changed. How curious.
I'd imagine this is due to the loss of the standing area in front of the old grandstand. You can fit a lot more people into a terrace than seats.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Understand that concept. Still not sure what happened to the 'increased capacity' that was definitely mentioned at the design phase.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dockers Pal
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Dockers Pal »

I'm puzzled that the club didn't make a more serious effort to achieve true full capacity. It looks like unlike with the big premiership clubs for us 90% full = full capacity. That's quite a significant income given away.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I imagine the difference can only be because of season ticket holders not turning up. Clearly, the club could not double sell their seats/standing allocation and so anyone not attending would result in a lower figure than the official capacity, allowing for the empty seats dividing home from away fans in Bristows Bench. The gap does seem rather large though!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

The gap wasnt large on Saturday, it was one set of stewards with fans sat directly next to them from what I could see!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Kernowgull wrote:The gap wasnt large on Saturday, it was one set of stewards with fans sat directly next to them from what I could see!
Sorry, my writing was ambiguous - I meant the gap between the official capacity and actual attendance!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint