TOP 5 - STAND UP COMEDIANS.

General chat about anything else goes here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

just watched channel 4's comedy gala from friday night. if you havent seen it yet, everybody who did a stand up was brilliant. well funny.

if anyone wants to give it a whirl.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/chan ... y-gala/4od

it shows we do have an array of really good and talented comedians at the moment.

i have to see my man lee evans was the best.

just to respond to a few posts -

great to see a few appreciate the genius and legend that is george carlin.

just a little taster, one of the best one liners of all time at 1 minute in.

forgot jethro, bit old hat now but still brilliant, my dads got loads of his stuff, have seen him live a few times, funny in his own way, even if you know whats coming he still makes it funny. very likeable.

rhod gilbert - very funny.

another one i forgot, lee mack, some good stuff from the apollo on youtube and his dvd is on there (if they havent took it down yet).

have seen stewart francis a few times on tv, really like the deadpan one liners. (not stu francis from crackerjack -ooooo i could crush a grape).

andy, have you given eddie murphy delirious a whirl yet.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

chardie wrote:Roy Chubby Brown's real name is Royston Vasey which is the fictional setting of the town from the comedy The League of Gentlemen.

That is all.

indeed, and he actually appeared in the show as the mayor of royston vasey.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Another vote for George Carlin here!

Absolute legend and I'd urge anyone who likes stand-up comedy to check him out.

He was also in one of the best films of the 80's, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (the one and only time Keanu Reeves was any good!).