Rene Howe - Signs for Burton Albion! A two year deal

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Some dross, signed by the Playoff finalists despite not having played for almost a whole season due to injury. Yeah, he must be a right pile of shite.

Luke, nothing to do with me. Can't be arsed to explain, you're a smart lad, if you care, re-read it for yourself.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Matts back ....
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

ferrarilover wrote:Some dross, signed by the Playoff finalists despite not having played for almost a whole season due to injury. Yeah, he must be a right pile of shite.

Luke, nothing to do with me. Can't be arsed to explain, you're a smart lad, if you care, re-read it for yourself.

Matt.
Ooh, interesting. So the revisionism is peculiar to Rene. Morris is still brilliant.

Forgive me if I chortle myself to sleep.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

There is no revisionism, Jesus, are you on meth or something? This really isn't hard to understand. I always have and almost certainly always will believe Rene to be a perfectly average L2 striker. I didn't join in with the hyperbole when he went on his little run and I didn't stay suggesting he should be shot at dawn. His record for us over two years, one where we were pretty good and one where we weren't demonstrates this.

Equally, I'm not minded towards Morro being 'brilliant'. My suggestion is that he isn't as bad as some make out. He never really established himself in the side and he never really nailed down his best position. I'm not convinced that he'll set the world alight, but I do think that, given a run in the side managed by a chap who bothers to identify his best position, he may well end up proving himself to be a much more competent player than he was able to demonstrate during his time in yellow.
Nathan Craig is another one in this sense. Although, that said, his talent is plainly obvious to anyone who had seen him play more than 5 minutes not stuck out wide left (which I know from speaking to him, is not a position in which he feels even remotely comfortable).
Gareth Bale (who is NOT worth £80,000,000), was hammered by fans and media alike during his early years at Spurs for being the worst left back in football. Turns out there was a reason for this...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

The angry young man is back,what's wrong did mummy go out tonight leaving you home alone?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

northyorkshiregull wrote:The angry young man is back,what's wrong did mummy go out tonight leaving you home alone?
What part of Matt's post suggested he was angry?

I thought it was perfectly reasonable - he was asked a question (although it wasn't really a question per se, more a statement that Matt pointed out was incorrect), and went about answering it in a perfectly reasonable way.

I know some of you have issues with Matt for one reason or another, but on this occasion I can see no reason for it.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote:Luke, nothing to do with me.
Typical lawyer. :na:
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
MartinTheJourno
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Metronomy

Post by MartinTheJourno »

The latest rumours are that he's coming to join my mob AFC Wimbledon ... which would be a relief as the rumour mill had been linking us to Akinfenwa up until now!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

sems he has been linked with every club going martin, wish he would hurry up at make his mind up, carlilse, wallsall, york, plymouth, bristol rovers, northampton, now the wombles, seems to favour a move up north to be near his partners family who live in newcastle. be intresting too see where he does end up. :zzz:
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

No disrespect to Wombles, but I imagine his primary concerns are cash and prospects. Not sure they will be near the top of his list on either count. They do have Geography in their favour though I guess. Be interesting if he did end up there though - he would be starting the season at Plainmoor after all!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Lukeyboy WFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Lukeyboy WFC »

Cant see him leaving Torquay to join the Wombles! Apparently a centre forward is coming on our tour of trinidad and tobago. Maybe this is Rene Howe... but who knows, will keep you informed. So our recent links include Ryan Jarvis, Taiwo Atieno and Tony Bedeau..... what were your thoughts on these players for Torquay?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

All three seem to divide opinion Lukey. In my opinion Jarvis was a competent finisher but someone who, like most strikers need service. Whizz balls in and around the box and he'd get goals. Our style of play didn't facilitate this last season and he struggled. Atieno IMO was poor and he is a conference player. He can get you the odd goal out of the blue but generally I thought his touch was appalling and he was a bit on the lazy/languid side. Bedeau I only saw for one season I think, my first supporting TUFC and from what I remember I thought he was a decent player although a few of us think differently it would seem.

As for Rene, like Fonda says, top of his list is money and then prospects don't really come into it IMO. If Wimbledon made him an offer he couldn't refuse then i'm sure he'd take it. Sure he has deserved the chance to go and get more money somewhere else and he appears to have got his career back on track with a couple of good seasons for us but I honestly think that first and foremost in his mind is cash rather than the prospect of furthering his career higher up the football pyramid. It may be harsh but the last 6 months of Rene at TUFC showed me a different side to him and one which wasn't pretty and any respect I had for him has gone but personal opinions and reasons for him joining a new club aside, if he gets the service and his head is right then he'd do an excellent job for any team in leagues 1 or 2. Championship no chance whatsoever but certainly top end league 1.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Lukeyboy WFC wrote:Cant see him leaving Torquay to join the Wombles! Apparently a centre forward is coming on our tour of trinidad and tobago. Maybe this is Rene Howe... but who knows, will keep you informed. So our recent links include Ryan Jarvis, Taiwo Atieno and Tony Bedeau..... what were your thoughts on these players for Torquay?
:O

I thought Tony Bedeau had retired.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

northyorkshiregull wrote:The angry young man is back,what's wrong did mummy go out tonight leaving you home alone?
What sort of childish post is this. Grow up.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Rene will go to the highest bidder. He has zero affection for the teams that he plays for. Not saying its wrong, we all what to be paid as much as we can for our services, but I just wish he would hurry up and go. I'm fed up with him holding MY club to ransom. After all this has been going on since December.

I don't give a rats a**e where he goes. but,Rene do us all a favour (well me) and bugger off so that we can move on, without the will he won't him scenario.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."