Wycombe Wanderers v Torquay United - 12/10/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

With Ball sent back and Bodin unavailable, it's time for Knill to pair the strikers we've had at the club the whole time: Benyon and Hawley.

Both are capable of getting a dozen or so goals if given the opportunity, and their respective styles seem to compliment each other. Benyon likes being the most advanced player, backing into defenders and poaching in the six yard box, while Hawley prefers dictating and linking play from deep. We will need to stop playing long aerial balls for this partnership to work, though.

The Newport highlights showed how capable Azeez is at influencing the game from a wider position, and with Chapell on the other wing, we'll have our four biggest goal threats on the pitch at the same time. And we're going to need to score a lot of goals on Saturday!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Well i'm going too Matt and I think we'll get done 4 or 5 as it stands. I'm nearly 150 miles away. Can't wait either, love matchdays! COYY!!
You don't count though Andy - you're **** ing nuts anyway

:-D :scarf:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

We won't play appallingly

We'll start quite well, look relatively threatening then we'll concede and lose.

so i'll leave after 20mins. :-D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Ref for this one is SEBASTIAN STOCKBRIDGE. SEBASTIAN?!!

Anyway, it is his first season in league football and he hasn't reffed us before.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

ferrarilover wrote:If I was sure I was going to get kicked in the balls if I went to the local park, I wouldn't go there.
meanwhile, the rest of us would probably pay money to see that :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Sod paying for it. I'll do it for the sheer pleasure :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Wycombe beating Bristol City 2-1 at the minute in the JPT at Adams Park. Knott and Bloomfield with the goals so that's 7 out of the last 8 games that they have scored at least twice. Oooooer!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yeoman scores for Bideford tonight.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Shock the best finisher at the club scores again but can't make our bench.. I know football is about opinions but this is taking the piss
Last edited by supergulls on 08 Oct 2013, 22:19, edited 2 times in total.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Personally I would take Yeoman back and put him up front with Benyon. Yeoman will score a hatful for Bideford - I know its nothing like our level but on what I saw of him last year he is as good as anything else we have got.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Hmm. So Wycombe beat City did they. I wonder if they might have thoughts away from where it should be on Saturday. We could cause an upset.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Well at least there's some better news
http://m.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/art ... e/19903200
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

ferrarilover wrote:But it's a chance to see us play appallingly and get humped. Either you genuinely believe we're as bad as you're making out, in which case there will be no pleasure to be had, or you dint really believe it'll be that bad and you're pretending so to do for effect.

Matt.
Matt - to be a TRUE Gulls fan, you have to be (a) a masochist and (b) always live in hope. You expect to get humped but sometimes we're not so bad, and we win !! I bet there weren't many on here expecting a win at Northampton. That's where living in hope kicks in ..... :goal:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

supergulls wrote:Well at least there's some better news
http://m.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/art ... e/19903200
I know we're pretty much up sh*t creek without a paddle defensively but even so I wouldn't even consider Pearce for this game. He obviously has been very ill and if he comes back in on Saturday he won't be anywhere near 100% I think we can safely say, he will be under the utmost pressure and also it might set him back which we can ill afford right now.

I'm sure the docs, the tufc staff and Pearce himself only know if this would be a wise idea but I just think for the sake of a game where there is a likelihood we are going to lose anyway I wouldn't risk it. I don't know what you guys think?

I accept it is a pessimistic approach but it's safety first. I also think Pearce has uneccesary stress and pressure put on him due to Knills bizarre O'Connor loan signing fiasco and he may be thinking of playing under duress.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: I know we're pretty much up sh*t creek without a paddle defensively but even so I wouldn't even consider Pearce for this game. He obviously has been very ill and if he comes back in on Saturday he won't be anywhere near 100% I think we can safely say, he will be under the utmost pressure and also it might set him back which we can ill afford right now.

I'm sure the docs, the tufc staff and Pearce himself only know if this would be a wise idea but I just think for the sake of a game where there is a likelihood we are going to lose anyway I wouldn't risk it. I don't know what you guys think?

I accept it is a pessimistic approach but it's safety first. I also think Pearce has uneccesary stress and pressure put on him due to Knills bizarre O'Connor loan signing fiasco and he may be thinking of playing under duress.

I agree, with the situation as it is I think safety first is the correct way to go. Stick Hutchings along side Cruise at Wycombe and then have a fully fit Pearce and O'Connor going forward.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084