Jake robinson - signed

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

With Jake Robinson up front I don't see it as weaker, sorry.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Pleased with this - it appears to be for the rest of the season, which is good.

He was "on fire" earlier in the season and generally the reaction on the Shrewsbury boards is one of surprise/disappointment. He appears to have plenty of talent and (this season at least) an eye for a goal - but I would still like to see a genuine target man added to the squad.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ferrarilover wrote:It's coming to something when a cheese eating surrender monkey has to explain a tweet made in English.

Matt.
Frogs leg eating Frenchman sounds better. :scarf:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

No need to apologise Dave. It's all about opinions. But i do think we'll be weaker, and that is why i'm so annoyed about it.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

CP Gull wrote:Pleased with this - it appears to be for the rest of the season, which is good.

He was "on fire" earlier in the season and generally the reaction on the Shrewsbury boards is one of surprise/disappointment. He appears to have plenty of talent and (this season at least) an eye for a goal - but I would still like to see a genuine target man added to the squad.

LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK DAMMIT!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Fonda wrote:No need to apologise Dave. It's all about opinions. But i do think we'll be weaker, and that is why i'm so annoyed about it.

We'br got rid of Wroe, Benyon, Hemmings and likely to dump Macklin.

Robinson in, Stanley in, both sets of fans gutted by their departures, and with a couple of other targets playing well for their respective clubs I say we're going to be stronger. Would you seriously disagree with that?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Will he be any better up front on his own than Benyon? 5ft 9 and 11st, surely not much different to Benyon regarding size and height, and I can only imagine we'll be a far weaker side than we would be with Benyon up front.

If Buckle plays Kee with him then fair enough I guess
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Hopefully he's physically stronger than Benners. That was the problem for Elliot in this formation, defenders were too strong. We either need to revert to 4-4-2 again, or Robinson has some strength about him..
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Southampton Gull wrote:
We'br got rid of Wroe, Benyon, Hemmings and likely to dump Macklin.

Robinson in, Stanley in, both sets of fans gutted by their departures, and with a couple of other targets playing well for their respective clubs I say we're going to be stronger. Would you seriously disagree with that?
Is that the same Macklin that we've just signed on a long-term deal? Bucks does seem to change his mind quickly.

We've disposed of 2 first-team players and a loanee, and replaced them with 2 loanee's. No, i don't think that does make us stronger.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK DAMMIT!

Matt.
Do keep up ! :)

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/index ... read=71123 :win:
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

He's very similar to benyon i think. Just a tad quicker. I'm pleased with this, we are a selling club, and both Benyon, and Wroe supposedly have been replaced suitably. Well done Bucks.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

NickGull wrote:Hopefully he's physically stronger than Benners. That was the problem for Elliot in this formation, defenders were too strong. We either need to revert to 4-4-2 again, or Robinson has some strength about him..
Indeed. And despite not playing to his strengths, he scored 14. I wonder how he'd have fayred with a partner? Perhaps Robinson will be awarded that luxury.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Sorry CP, I had it open, but I opened too many tabs and 'pooter went wibble.

Thanks though.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Since when was 5foot 9 short?
I don't feel that we are worse off at all, I'd feel better about the loans if there was a possibility of making things more permanent if things work out but I'm quite pleased. :)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Yep he did, Shane. However, alot of those goals (if not all) of them were down to him getting in the right position at the right time. I can't recall him scoring one that wasn't a tap in this season (happy to be corrected though), and maybe Robinson has a bit more holding the ball up about him, and more threat in the air.