Forest Green Rovers v Torquay United – Tuesday 30th Sept

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
swindon gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benners

Post by swindon gull »

Yeah 100% U will b able to buy a ticket on the night from the ticket office. It's the same for home and away supporters in that U have to buy ticket first which u scan at the turnstyle to operate it and get in. Meant to quicken up the process of getting in but achieves the opposite. School next to ground is £4 to park in as the club car park will b full.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Buy a ticket online, print it off and take it with you.

Home and away tickets can be purchased here: https://shop.forestgreenroversfc.com/fo ... Spectators

That should save you having to queue up on the night.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Hey Matt
I will be going to FGR tomorrow night. will you be there? Will be a change for me. First match of the season. can't wait. well i have to really. no good going tonight is it.
How many are you expecting to come up. what time will you be around. I am being picked up at 17:30 we may be there by 6pm. or just gone. come on you yelllloooooowwwwwsssss. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Glostergull wrote:Hey Matt
I will be going to FGR tomorrow night. will you be there? Will be a change for me. First match of the season. can't wait. well i have to really. no good going tonight is it.
How many are you expecting to come up. what time will you be around. I am being picked up at 17:30 we may be there by 6pm. or just gone. come on you yelllloooooowwwwwsssss. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'll be late. I won't miss KO, but only just. I've just seen it's £4 in the car park, which to me smacks of taking the piss, so I might be 5 minutes later than I'd imagined.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

What a shame this is a Tuesday night game. I havn't been able to get time off work which is really annoying.
FGR were second favourites for the league before the season started. Quite where they are getting their money from I am not sure as their crowd against Barnet was a measley 1400.
They have got some big name players with likes of Lee Hughes and Jon Parkin, the latter coming on against Fleetwood at Plainmoor and winning them the game.
Having said that I think they maybe paying big money to players who are somewhat past their sell by date.
I don't think they are actually any great shakes but neither are we.
We came back to earth with a bang on Saturday. Really though our defeat was down to a goalkeeper who produced the WORST performance since Mark Coombe let in four against Exeter.
We shouldn't really be any weaker with the inclusion of Cameron and the welcome return of Pearce. However Pearce hasn't played for ages so it maybe a bit much to expect him to be the player of last season straight away.
Our charge up the table has certainly seen any value crumble. We are a best priced 2.88 to win tonight - way to short for me. FGR are 2.5 which makes no appeal either.
The draw at 3.5 looks far more attactive to me.
Really annoyed that I cannot go tonight.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Dale Vince is the man behind the big money being spent at FGR - multi, multi millionaire and owner of a 'green' energy firm. Also a vegan, and has banned meat from the ground, installed solar panels etc. He seems to be using FGR as a marketing tool for his business, perhaps ironically given that he works for sustainability but is spending well beyond what they can afford and would leave them in the sh*t if he departed.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Work prevents me making the short hop from Oxfordshire, but can I request a colourful greeting or two for these two:

ImageImage
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Gulliball wrote:Dale Vince is the man behind the big money being spent at FGR - multi, multi millionaire and owner of a 'green' energy firm. Also a vegan, and has banned meat from the ground, installed solar panels etc. He seems to be using FGR as a marketing tool for his business, perhaps ironically given that he works for sustainability but is spending well beyond what they can afford and would leave them in the sh*t if he departed.
Does that mean Paul Bastard will be refused entry if he tries to take his cornbeef sandwiches into the ground! :S
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Last time I saw Paulie, he was having liver, fava beans and what appeared to be a mediocre Bordeaux, but might have been a nice Chianti. Most odd.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

The man's a legend, and he knows his wine!
ImageImage
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Going to this match (on the a38 already.) First away match of the season. Hopefully we bounce back from Telford.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

chippygull wrote:The man's a legend, and he knows his wine!
ImageImage
He is a legend and yes he has a job many of us would love to have

CO-OP WINE BUYER BASHES MIN PRICING PLANS
18th May, 2012 by db_staff
Scotland’s proposed 50 pence minimum price has not impressed Paul Bastard, the Co-op’s long-standing head wine buyer, writes Tom Bruce-Gardyne.

Given that alcohol is “far cheaper in France and Spain,” he questioned the basic premise that it’s too cheap here. “They’ve having a go at the more responsible middle classes. So in the end they’ll get you all. They’re kind of killjoys really, and I don’t think I’m irresponsible saying that.”

“What’s interesting is that most laws are less draconian when they come in than when they’re originally mooted. This is going the other way because they started talking about 45p per unit. It’s now 50p – so we’ve already got a bit of inflation.”

With 318 stores north of the border, plus 190 Scotmid co-operatives who buy from the Co-op, he fears it will impact on sales. “I don’t see how it can’t. Whether people will be running to Carlisle I don’t know, but you can’t run from the Isle of Skye or Fort William.”

The comments came at the Co-op’s Spring wine tasting in London. The group, which bought Somerfield in 2008, has a 9.3% market share for wine (Nielsen 31.03.12).
Lucy
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

tonights chosen men........

01 Rice
02 Tonge
21 MacDonald
05 Pearce
03 Cruise
07 Briscoe
08 Young
16 Richards
11 Cameron
09 Bowman
24 Ofori-Acheampong
Substitutes
12 Chapell
14 Yeoman
20 Hutchings
22 Wakefield
23 Seabright
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Any updates from anyone. What's the Torquay crowd
Lucy
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain