Dover.v.Torquay Tue 2nd

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

YellowMurphy wrote: Ditto
Would take a draw.
Will the radio commentary be available online?
For on-line commentaries see the 'Matchday Links' thread on this forum. Although Scott states the link is for 'The BBC page where the Conference games will be broadcast live on the radio', he actually means 'live on the internet'... :-D
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Gullscorer wrote:It's not supposed to be raining in Dover until after 10pm, though the (BBC) forecast is for a windy chilly night throughout..
Trust me, it's been raining!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Jeff wrote: Trust me, it's been raining!
Yep, well that's BBC weather forecasts for you... :-/ :)
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

commentary here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30275914

tough game but think we may sneak it 0-1 for some reason
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

chosen men! :engflag:

01 Rice
29 Berry
04 Downes
05 Pearce
25 Ives
12 Chapell
08 Young
16 Richards
10 Ajala
07 Briscoe
09 Bowman
Substitutes
14 Yeoman
21 MacDonald
22 McQuilkin
23 Seabright
24 Ofori-Acheampong
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:commentary here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30275914

tough game but think we may sneak it 0-1 for some reason

evening bix......... :} =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Hating the non-segregation! Trying to find some fellow Gulls to loiter around so I won't be the only one celebrating if we score!
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

I feel we'll need Richards and Young back to their best tonight. Though it was a few years ago, I distinctly remember the very physical Solomon Taiwo destroying our central midfield when we visited Dagenham in our first season back in the Football League.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

The Radio Devon commentary team are idly speculating as to why Paul Buckle might be in attendance at the ground tonight ... could he be looking at Luke Young or one of the Dover players they ask themselves ... of course he could be, but surely the most obvious reason is that Dover play (his new team) Cheltenham in the FA Cup at the weekend???? Something which they themselves mentioned only a little earlier!!!! :}
Last edited by CP Gull on 02 Dec 2014, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Evenin all. now who once used to say that every saturday night.
Well here we are Dover Athletic. apparently according to those who are there. it'a an awful night. which is why with my sore throat I am glad I am not there.
Paul Buckle is also there tonight no doubt running the rule over Dover who have Cheltenham in the FA Cup.
who will win. hmm an interesting one there. Dover are top in form and with a great cup run in my book are favourites to win tonight. we have a habit of shooting our own feet with regularity so i wont even attempt to give us a chance of anything more than a draw and we will do well with that. Hopefully a 0-0 as it will give a little more confidence to the defence. but I would love a win. I wonder how many will go tonight. good luck to our supporters. If it's true i love the idea that supporters will be unsegragated. will tend to build relationships. so come on you yellows. Game on. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Glostergull[color=#FF0000] wrote:Evenin all. now who once used to say that every saturday night[/color].
Well here we are Dover Athletic. apparently according to those who are there. it'a an awful night. which is why with my sore throat I am glad I am not there.
Paul Buckle is also there tonight no doubt running the rule over Dover who have Cheltenham in the FA Cup.
who will win. hmm an interesting one there. Dover are top in form and with a great cup run in my book are favourites to win tonight. we have a habit of shooting our own feet with regularity so i wont even attempt to give us a chance of anything more than a draw and we will do well with that. Hopefully a 0-0 as it will give a little more confidence to the defence. but I would love a win. I wonder how many will go tonight. good luck to our supporters. If it's true i love the idea that supporters will be unsegragated. will tend to build relationships. so come on you yellows. Game on. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Dixon of Dock Green .......I claim my prize !!!!!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its nonsense to suggest that Dover are favourites for this game. Sure they are on a good run but we have full time pro players, this is why we are favourites with the bookies.
Last edited by brucie on 02 Dec 2014, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Here we go Rice not communicating with his defence again - surely not!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

All Torquay at the moment
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

Am I going mad or is the commentator calling the co John? If thats a bloke then he has the most effeminate voice of all time.