Top 100 Torquay United Players

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I've been hoping that someone would ask this question before me but I guess I'm the only computer retard on the Forum. Now don't be nasty to me - it's Christmas ! :'( What's 'PM' (other than after lunch) and how the hell do I PM my 10 players to Plymouthgull ???
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

tomogull wrote:I've been hoping that someone would ask this question before me but I guess I'm the only computer retard on the Forum. Now don't be nasty to me - it's Christmas ! :'( What's 'PM' and how the hell do I PM my 10 players to Plymouthgull ???
PM. Stands for private message.

Click on Plymouthgull's name, then where it says "contact plymouthgull" click on PM, then send him your list.

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: PM. Stands for private message.

Click on Plymouthgull's name, then where it says "contact plymouthgull" click on PM, then send him your list.

:)
Ahhhhh ....... got it, Scott - thanks. Easy when you know how, eh ?? :bow:
gulls1989
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by gulls1989 »

Rodney Jack - No explanation needed. Absolutely gutted when he left.

Kevin Hill - The sort of player that's hard to come by these days - loyal and committed.

Eunan O'Kane - What a player! His goals vs. Plymouth are two of the most memorable TUFC goals for me.

Tim Sills - Scorer of my favourite ever TUFC goal. You can probably guess which one...

Bobby Olejnik - Best keeper I've seen play for TUFC by a long shot.

Wayne Thomas - Fantastic defender. Great to see he's still playing in the Conference North with Worcester .

Steve Woods - Best defender I've seen play for TUFC. Great passer too.

David Graham - Great player. Scored some great goals for us.

Alex Russell - Played that midfield role perfectly. Never seemed to put a foot wrong.

Lee Mansell - Although he wasn't great in his last two seasons with us, he was a great servant to the club. Always felt that he was putting in 100% each time.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

With just under two weeks to go I've had 16 lists in total, and around 50 players mentioned. Keep the votes coming in folks!
WestKentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by WestKentGull »

In no particular order...

Kenny Allen
Les Lawrence
Lee Sharpe
Paul Holmes
Rodney Jack
Bobby Olejnik
Willie Brown
Mark Loram
Kevin Hill
Tim Sills

:keepie:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Are you able to put them in order for me so I can distribute the points fairly?

Around 10 days to go!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Around a week to go now everybody - please keep them coming as I think this would be great if we can get a top 100!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

1 - Rodney Jack
2 - David Graham
3 - Alex Russell
4 - Bobby Olejnik
5 - Kevin Hill
6 - Gregory Goodridge
7 - Steve Woods
8 - Martin Gritton
9 - Chima Okorie
10 - Morike Sako

A few personal favourites and memories from seasons gone by - and perhaps a few left-field additions to get some names on the list
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Old buggers like myself and tomo had to work out how to send our lists in sealed envelopes, but now everybody is just sticking a list on the notice board! ;-)
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Whilst trying to remember all the players I saw playing for Torquay it occurred to me that the one thing that our younger supporters miss out on now is seeing the older "stars" playing at plainmoor for lower division teams.I can remember, along with my pals, getting excited because the team coming down to play Torquay had an old international in it.Ok they all get so much money now that they don't have the need to continue playing, they don't take the pub or whatever, they just go back to wherever they came from or go on the tele.
Of course Torquay had their fair share of this type of player, I can think of Big Nev Southall, we had a great left back called Len Graham, an Irish international who I though was teriffic, we had John Bond and Ken Brown from West Ham and of course Bruce Rioch and Tony Currie both internationals,Gordon Astall the Birmingham winger who came from Plymouth and I think played in the Man City final when Bert Troutman broke his neck so we have had our fair share of "stars".I am sure I have forgotten some more , anybody help me out?.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Chris Waddle.
Phipsy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Phipsy »

One of the best previous stars was chunky John Smith.
Represented England at under 23 level.
Top player who played for West Ham and Spurs in the top division.
Great midfielder who in an emergency played centre forward and was superb in that role as well.
Those sort of players probably we will never see again athe L.W.S. Or Plainmoor.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Just remembered Tony Brown,West Brom stalwart who I think had a game or two for England.Yes I know its a bit sad doing this on Christmas day but I am waiting for me dinner.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

nickbrod wrote:Chris Waddle.
Some are best forgotten, Frenchgull !!