Angus Incident

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Rice is now another player to let his frustration get the better of him. Young gets sent off, we are losing 1-0 to a bunch of part timers, so a couple of fans tell rice what they think. More on the lines we have travelled all day to see this crap. Rice responds by shouting it's not my fulk¥¥ fault, they continue to say its a disgrace, he then offers them out after the match. Unbelievable. The team has lost all respect towards those who care. Ricey did to his credit apologise, but the facts remain the players have no discipline and respect. Not good to witness, at least he has only 6 games in a Torquay shirt to go
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Probably the couple of drunks that were mentioned elsewhere. He's one of the few players that deserves some credit this season no matter what people think of his abilities.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Southampton Gull wrote:Probably the couple of drunks that were mentioned elsewhere. He's one of the few players that deserves some credit this season no matter what people think of his abilities.
Yes, the 16 odd goals he has been at fault for, reflect well on him.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

hector wrote: Yes, the 16 odd goals he has been at fault for, reflect well on him.
:lol: :goodpost:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Southampton Gull wrote:Probably the couple of drunks that were mentioned elsewhere. He's one of the few players that deserves some credit this season no matter what people think of his abilities.
You can't watch the games. :keepie: :keepie: :keepie: :keepie:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I really think you have lost the plot if you think Rice deserves credit. I would put it more like 25 goals he has thrown in his own net. He is overweight so obviously doesn't apply himself properly, error strewn beyond belief and now is offering out supporters during a match. It doesn't matter how drunk the supporters were buffoon Rice shouldn't have got involved.
How you constantly defend this shower of shite is beyond me - is it any wonder people are deriding you for posting tripe like that.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote:I really think you have lost the plot if you think Rice deserves credit. I would put it more like 25 goals he has thrown in his own net. He is overweight so obviously doesn't apply himself properly, error strewn beyond belief and now is offering out supporters during a match. It doesn't matter how drunk the supporters were buffoon Rice shouldn't have got involved.
How you constantly defend this shower of shite is beyond me - is it any wonder people are deriding you for posting tripe like that.
On the money there brucie
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

hector wrote: Yes, the 16 odd goals he has been at fault for, reflect well on him.
Very short sighted response for you. I expect nothing less from Terry but he's proven to be dedicated and hard working and committed to the cause even if some think his skills are lacking. It isn't his fault he's no Olejnik but when all we can afford is Martin Rice you can't really blame him for that can you? It can't be that inspiring either to play behind such a lousy defence.

In the bigger picture yes I would say he deserves better than to be berated by a couple of drunks......................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Southampton Gull wrote: Very short sighted response for you. I expect nothing less from Terry but he's proven to be dedicated and hard working and committed to the cause even if some think his skills are lacking. It isn't his fault he's no Olejnik but when all we can afford is Martin Rice you can't really blame him for that can you? It can't be that inspiring either to play behind such a lousy defence.

In the bigger picture yes I would say he deserves better than to be berated by a couple of drunks......................
I see your point, in that he cannot help being not good enough for the level he is being paid to play at but whilst he is playing behind a lousy defence, having a poor keeper to play in front of, is bound to make defenders jittery. Combine poor keeper and poor defence and you get exactly what we have got. If Hargreaves remains as manager and does not address the goalkeeping situation, then he is a bigger fool than some are making him out to be.

Everything seems slack at the moment. Hargreaves came in as manager, wanting to lighten the atmosphere, after describing the conditions (in terms of managerial approach) that he preferred to play under but I wonder if he has tried too hard to be 'nice' and everyone's friend, promoting a positive atmosphere, when it may be that the boundaries have been stretched to the limit and the indiscipline amongst the players, their condition - Rice, Richards, Briscoe are all carrying additional timber - the fact we are losing, late in games to part-time teams, suggest that perhaps there is a certain rigour lacking from proceedings, whether that be training, general conduct and most importantly, during the matches.

The way we have been playing lately, is amongst the worst in living memory and at the lowest level since the 1920s. Therefore, I'm not sure if Hargreaves is a dead man walking, or whether the club genuinely think he needs to be given a chance without Knill's dross, or whether nobody is doing anything simply because they do not know what is happening with the ownership of the club.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

There has been so much wrong this season, like many fans i just want to see the back of it! The truth is nobody knows exactly what goes on behind the scenes but we all like to discuss and speculate, hence the forum!
From my perspective, i was in the 'happy camp' when CH was appointed, i loved him as a player here and this undoubtedly influenced my feelings- who can forget that wembley goal?! However as the season has gone on it is clear that things have gone from bad to worse. The discipline has been shocking and the squad appears devoid of confidence, belief or motivation, the three things i thought CH would bring. Hector's point is a valid one - is CH still in post due to off field uncertainty or does somebody believe he can turn things round next season? Certainly i think that any other club would have dispensed with his services some weeks ago, definitely after Braintree. My view is that new owners, if found will relieve CH of his duties. He may well be thinking the same? What conditions to be working under for both management and players. If CH does end up leaving i will be sad that it did not work for him here but equally i just want to see something at the club to feel positive about. That has not been the case since the days of Martin Ling.
In the meantime lets just get to the end of the season in one piece and wait for developments!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well having heard some of the personal dogs abuse shouted out some of our players during the course of this season, I'm hardly surprised it's getting the point some of them our offering fans outside, the abuse is equally embarrassing as some of our teams performances, personal abuse directed at the players is not called regardless of any circumstance.

There is no way our current league position can be blamed on Martin Rice, he does have clear limitations, he may not have the overall ability for this level, that's probably not doubted by anyone, but also to be fair Ricey isn't helped by the most calamitous 'keystones kops' back four that play in front of him.

Some say Ricey doesn't know whether to stick our twist, with this back four, I'm pretty sure Joe Hart wouldn't know either.

I'm sure there are some who will back me up here, when it comes to goalkeeping 9-10ths of the law is CONFIDENCE, how does it help Ricey's confidence when he keeps conceding goals that he has no chance of keeping out, from situations that should have been, and would been defended properly by school boys.

I will be the first to agree, the goalkeeping position is one that needs looking at along with the entire back four, Angus MacDonald, maybe at a push Aaron Downes all tough don't see that happening are the only ones I'd keep, the rest including Ives are not good enough period.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Martin Rice does not deserve the abuse, agreed. Or any other player. The truth is that, despite what people think, berating players does nothing to help and just poisons the atmosphere at the club still further.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

forevertufc wrote:Well having heard some of the personal dogs abuse shouted out some of our players during the course of this season, I'm hardly surprised it's getting the point some of them our offering fans outside, the abuse is equally embarrassing as some of our teams performances, personal abuse directed at the players is not called regardless of any circumstance.

There is no way our current league position can be blamed on Martin Rice, he does have clear limitations, he may not have the overall ability for this level, that's probably not doubted by anyone, but also to be fair Ricey isn't helped by the most calamitous 'keystones kops' back four that play in front of him.

Some say Ricey doesn't know whether to stick our twist, with this back four, I'm pretty sure Joe Hart wouldn't know either.

I'm sure there are some who will back me up here, when it comes to goalkeeping 9-10ths of the law is CONFIDENCE, how does it help Ricey's confidence when he keeps conceding goals that he has no chance of keeping out, from situations that should have been, and would been defended properly by school boys.

I will be the first to agree, the goalkeeping position is one that needs looking at along with the entire back four, Angus MacDonald, maybe at a push Aaron Downes all tough don't see that happening are the only ones I'd keep, the rest including Ives are not good enough period.
:goodpost:

Totally agree with this. Ricey is not the best GK we have had, but do think HE DOES HIS BEST, and it isn't hes fault either. The back four are poor. Only Downes and Angus are good enough for this level (and only just I might add). They are even worse as a unit I would add.

Rice has been a good servant, played second fiddle for a whole season, doesn't earn the highest wage at the club, totally unfair to single him out like some do. But these people like and enjoy pointing the finger and scapegoating, its a mild type of bullying and I don't like it!

The only time I will shout at one of our players is if I think they are taking the piss, that is "NOT TRYING"! And Rice does try!
TUST MEMBER
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

When Chris came to the club as manager, he made a big point of saying he was attracting players as much on their character and how they fit in as their talent. I cannot remember exactly what he said but it was down those lines

Looking back I thought this was inexperienced manager talk. In business and in football , it is not a popularity contest, and especially in football it is raw talent that counts.

Over the years we have had some real "spanners" play for us, the likes of Chris Zebroski and Matt Green come to find in recent years, difficult to manage agreed, but you avoid players like that at your peril.

I have said on this forum before that I think CH's biggest problem is that he is the lover of some players, get's on well with most others and therefore manages very few.

I am only watching from the side-lines, like most of us, but "ego driven!" assertive, arrogant players can sometimes help to drive the dressing room
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No I don't actually think that Rice deserves any abuse from a couple of drunks. I agree that is out of order. But its a football match so probably nothing he hasn't heard before.
What I object to is that Rice appeared to engage the two supporters - no doubt if they got a reaction then that would make them carry on.
Surely its all about focusing on the match in progress. If you are arguing with supporters then you are clearly not focusing on the match.
Its much the same as the MAcdonald incident. Being pulled away from your supporters by your captain when the ball is in play is possible one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen.
Its just making us look more amateur than ever.