Potential Signings

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

tomogull wrote: ........... but not Lavercombe ????? :|
Apparently that deal is nearly done!

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

So I guess Ives has now been offered £150 pw and a life time supply of Haribo .. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Nicho wants to come back. So basically, he knows no-one else at this or a higher level will want him so he's going to try his luck with us! To be honest if he's prepared to take a big wage cut I would be happy to have is experienced head sitting on the bench.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

PhilGull wrote:Nicho wants to come back. So basically, he knows no-one else at this or a higher level will want him so he's going to try his luck with us! To be honest if he's prepared to take a big wage cut I would be happy to have is experienced head sitting on the bench.
I actually think he would be perfect working with Levi Ives. He'd add some experience to the back line and would probably be decent as a player/coach.

That said, I really wouldn't want him on the pitch for more than a game at a time.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

cambgull wrote: I actually think he would be perfect working with Levi Ives. He'd add some experience to the back line and would probably be decent as a player/coach.

That said, I really wouldn't want him on the pitch for more than a game at a time.
Surely every player is only on the pitch for a game at a time....

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Surely every player is only on the pitch for a game at a time....

:)
You know what I mean! :}
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
gulls1989
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by gulls1989 »

Darryl Flahavan, Benji Buchel & Joe Partington have been released by Bournemouth.
gulls1989
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gulls1989 »

Probably way out of our price range nowadays but Matt Green has been released by Birmingham.
gulls1989
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gulls1989 »

Mark Gower (ex-Swansea) has been released by Ebbsfleet. Some much needed experience at the back?

I had no idea he'd dropped down so far in such a sort space of time. He's 36 now but could still have something to offer...
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

gulls1989 wrote:Mark Gower (ex-Swansea) has been released by Ebbsfleet. Some much needed experience at the back?

I had no idea he'd dropped down so far in such a sort space of time. He's 36 now but could still have something to offer...
The fact he's been released by Ebbsfleet, would kind of suggest not.
gulls1989
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gulls1989 »

Mav wrote: The fact he's been released by Ebbsfleet, would kind of suggest not.
Fair point.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Interesting to read the piece on the bbc regarding the Greeks Pat Baldwin. It makes out like he is ready to retire, but the quotes go on to say he's settled in the area and if Exeter don't retain him he'd consider retiring.

So, if he's settled in Devon - well, we could do with an experienced centre half!
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Jeff wrote:Interesting to read the piece on the bbc regarding the Greeks Pat Baldwin. It makes out like he is ready to retire, but the quotes go on to say he's settled in the area and if Exeter don't retain him he'd consider retiring.

So, if he's settled in Devon - well, we could do with an experienced centre half!
Not a bad shout. Will be aged 33 in July. 300 league games in his career mainly with Colchester and Exeter. Sounds like he's struggled with injury in last 12 months but then Downes had when he joined us and it never became an issue.

One of Hargreaves reasons for getting rid of Downes though is he wants more pace at the back. I will admit I know little about Baldwin but given his age and a dodgy knee I suspect he wouldn't have that much pace.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Nico for Player manager, if the budget fits! ;-)
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Jeff wrote:Interesting to read the piece on the bbc regarding the Greeks Pat Baldwin. It makes out like he is ready to retire, but the quotes go on to say he's settled in the area and if Exeter don't retain him he'd consider retiring.

Does he play on the left of the two? Ideally I would like to see an experienced head a la Guy Branston slotting in between Ives and Macdonald.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084