Season Ticket

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes it would stop people passing on their tickets - this goes on all the time but in a way the seat has been paid for up front so does it actually matter?
Having been a season ticket holder for years (although not now) the one thing that would prevent me from buying one would be if I had to queue or go and get an individual ticket for every game.
I cannot imagine that this will be the procedure.
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

forevertufc wrote:Yes, clarification is needed. As I said on the first reply and I agree with Mattpuma the article does read as season ticket holders will be given an individual match ticket, but the article is confusing.

Issuing people with match tickets for the season in one go, doesn't make a blind bit off sense, just as well continue with the books, asking ST holders to queue up for a match ticket could be off putting for some. For me, as said above the most efficient way to do, would be line with a lot of Premier and Championship clubs that have a season ticket in the form of a photo I.D card, and for Bristow's bench/Family stand the seat number can be included on the card itself.

That would also stop ST holders passing their books to friends while they're away.

Why not? They've paid for their ticket, why can't someone else use it?
TUST No 278
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I agree - I can't see the issue myself as the ticket has been purchased in advance. What the season ticket holder does with them once paid for is surely their business.

Besides, the person who attends the game in place of the s/t holder may like what they see and become a regular at Plainmoor as a result. That, surely, is a win-win for the club.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

I've just clarified the situation with the Club office. Each ST holder will be issued with a wallet containing 23 x match day tickets along with two £5 discount vouchers which can be used in the Club shop. When attending each match, you need only take the ticket for that match as opposed to taking a season ticket book, as previously required, from which you would have to hand the book over to the turnstile operator to extract the match day voucher for that particular day. The Club believe that this new system will speed up entry at the turnstiles as well as having certain other benefits to the Club (he didn't say what those benefits were!). Hope this is clearer. He also said that a revised article regarding this would appear on the OS shortly.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Scott Brehaut wrote:I agree - I can't see the issue myself as the ticket has been purchased in advance. What the season ticket holder does with them once paid for is surely their business.

Besides, the person who attends the game in place of the s/t holder may like what they see and become a regular at Plainmoor as a result. That, surely, is a win-win for the club.

Well, yeeesss...alternatively, the club may take the position that they've already sold the season ticket at a reduced price, so a holder giving a ticket to a friend is actually *costing* them money. I'm sure there are people who've split the cost of a season ticket before - paid half each and then taken it in turns to go to the game, which this sort of set up would prevent.

Another thing about this way of doing it is that it allows for a future scheme where you buy a season ticket "plan" - instead of getting tickets to all of the games, you can get a mini-season ticket; that is, you go to 5 or 10 home games and pay less. That might be a good way to bring revenue in from people who don't want to commit to a full season.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

chardie wrote: Why not? They've paid for their ticket, why can't someone else use it?
Because a season ticket is not transferable. Also if a ST holder is away and passes it to his friend to use, that person has now entered the ground for free instead of paying,costing the club money.

So if 20 popside ST holders can not make the match and pass it to friends, that's just cost the club £320.

Added in 27 minutes 9 seconds:
Scott Brehaut wrote:I agree - I can't see the issue myself as the ticket has been purchased in advance. What the season ticket holder does with them once paid for is surely their business.

Not strictly the case Scott, just looked back at the season book I had for the relegation season, last one I brought . There 13 conditions of issue, condition 13 quite clearly states "the book should be in possession of the season ticket holder when used on match day" so by rights if the club caught a ST holder passing his ticket to someone else, the club could indeed withdraw the season ticket because the holder would have broken a condition issue/sale.

As for your second point, not always the case, if a ST was passed to someone who doesn't go the games, yes, nothing lost, potentially a new fan gained. But, I don't have a ST ticket anymore because I can no longer commit to going to at least 19 games, so what happens if I'm going to a match Saturday, anyway, I would have paid £16 to get in, a friend rings me and says do you want my ST I'm away, then we've cost the club £16.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Bought my season ticket before the fans forum meeting earlier tonight.

I think Steve Breed said that we were now up to 197 STs sold. Which means we still need a lot more people to buy theirs - come on people, show your commitment and get yours now!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

The new type season ticket according to Steve Breed last night is basically being changed in order to cut costs.Rather than a book it will be a set of individual tickets for each match.Steve stressed he would welcome feedback and the new way doing his will be reviewed at the of the season.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Wrexham has already sold nearly 2200 season tickets! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33254662
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Renewed my ticket today

:scarf: :scarf:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

well done Burnham ! Never say never lol
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

PhilGull wrote:Wrexham has already sold nearly 2200 season tickets! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33254662
Full credit to them, you would expect them to budget for promotion with those sales
Lucy
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I didn't renew my season ticket last year, but I'll be going up to the club next week and getting it back! :)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:I didn't renew my season ticket last year, but I'll be going up to the club next week and getting it back! :)
:clap:
Lucy
+Gdog8
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by +Gdog8 »

Can't see why the can't do what Plymouth argyle do issue a card with the season tickets holders name and season ticket bar code number keep that for all home league matches as it gets scanned ,
:scarf: :whistle: