Dan Lavercombe out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Stevie_RitchTea
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Post by Stevie_RitchTea »

News of a new signing I hear.... hopefully a temporary replacement keeper!
TUST Member 405
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

forevertufc wrote:Wonder whether we're going to get our wish, a player signing about to be announced according FB.
If it is a keeper, Fisher and Corderoy must have had an horrendous day in training!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Jeff wrote: If it is a keeper, Fisher and Corderoy must have had an horrendous day in training!

:) Indeed.
Formerly known as forevertufc
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

I reckon James Bittner could be a good shout for a few games. He has done a lot since his season as number 2 here.
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

According to twitter

TUFC have signed highly-rated American keeper, Brendan Moore, 23, on a 1-month emergency loan from Fleetwood Town.
TUST No 278
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

23 year old American goalkeeper Brendan Moore has been signed on a one month emergency loan from Fleetwood Town according to the club's Twitter page. I'm slightly surprised as Nicholson made no mention of any signings and seemed to indicate that he had full faith in Fisher to step up, not the case it seems.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well I sure as hell love being proved wrong, good work Steve Breed and all.

Added in 2 seconds:

EDIT, don't disagree with you gullible from the post you made, now deleted , I made an honest post, but as already said, glad I was proved wrong
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

forevertufc wrote:Unfortunately the club will not have signed two non-contract keepers, then to spent time and money putting them through coaching sessions with the clubs keeper coach, just to run off and sign a loan keeper at the first injury hurdle to the no1 keeper.

It is the practicalities of the situation here, if the club wanted to bring in loan cover they should have done it when Spiess left
Surely the whole point of bringing in the local non-contract players was to fill out the squad, allowing us to focus on adding 4-5 new quality players to replace the 8-9 lower quality ones we shipped out?

If Lavercombe is out injured for a month then we have a loan space in the squad freed up and so a replacement is surely the plan.

Plan A was for Lavercombe to play every minute, in which case you want the number 2 to be as cheap as possible (so non-contract local player ideal). If that changes then plan B can't be to just play the non-contract local player for a run of games.

We're in a fight for our very existence. Possibly, we could be in a part-time division next year, and have 12 games to avoid this. Having done so much to get back into the fight for survival, we can't afford to risk anything for no benefit. For the cost of 1 month's wages for a loan player we would have a professional in goal for the next 6 games - why on earth wouldn't we do that?

We're on a great run at the moment, and Aldershot have just lost 8-2 to a mid table side. This is a great chance to get 3 points on the board and every point is vital for us - we can't afford to be under strength in such a key position. Having 20 points on the board in February was enough of a miracle to overcome without adding to it further. I just can't believe that we would risk our professional status for the sake of a one month loan.

Edit: Well, we have signed someone! Thank heavens for that! Now let’s just hope he’s good!

Added in 4 minutes 7 seconds:
forevertufc wrote: EDIT, don't disagree with you gullible from the post you made, now deleted , I made an honest post, but as already said, glad I was proved wrong
Needed a swift edit there! First time in 10 odd years that admin powers have been quite handy...

Good news in the end though, and we'll have a professional in goal tomorrow. Finger's crossed he's a good one.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

No worries, was quite sure what I posted earlier would turn out to be correct, just couldn't see a loan keeper coming in.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Excellent move by the club. It is the right thing to have done. It does mean however we will have to count our loan players carefully for the next month every time we post a team sheet. We must be at/over our playing quota. ?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Well we now have 6, so can't play both goalies plus all the outfield four. However as the new keeper is here for a month to replace Lavercombe (a loanee since we sold him in January), then it's not actually changed anything. We have 5 fit loanees and can play them all.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Orange Gull wrote:23 year old American goalkeeper Brendan Moore has been signed on a one month emergency loan from Fleetwood Town according to the club's Twitter page. I'm slightly surprised as Nicholson made no mention of any signings and seemed to indicate that he had full faith in Fisher to step up, not the case it seems.

If you think about it in Tuesdays game if Nicho had confidence in the number 2 keeper he would have had him warming up at half time and Fisher did not even have a pair of gloves on if I was in his position I would have got myself ready to go on for the team. Nicho's done the right thing.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

This is a good and timely move by United.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

arcadia wrote:
If you think about it in Tuesdays game if Nicho had confidence in the number 2 keeper he would have had him warming up at half time and Fisher did not even have a pair of gloves on if I was in his position I would have got myself ready to go on for the team. Nicho's done the right thing.
:goodpost:
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I suspect, but do not know for sure, that there are special rules which apply to "emergency loans" and is there a particular rule which only applies to goalkeepers?

Does anyone know?