Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Southampton Gull wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 21:01 But has been coaching at a Premier League Club who were really impressed by him.
Just to balance Jerry's argument ;-)
Fair play to him, but if it's a choice between him and Gary Johnson it's a no brainer. Not that I think Johnson would be interested (or Nicholson for that matter).
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I agree. As much as I hated the way they treated Nicholson it is the no brainer you describe. Time for a change but not to go back.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Jerry wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 20:50 It's a tough call.

Gary Jonhnson who has managed over 1000 games and won promotion 5 times with 3 different clubs, won the FA Trophy and took a side to within 1 game of reaching the Premier League.

Or Kevin Nicholson who has managed less than 100 games, presided over 2 relegation battles and hasn't managed in the 12 months since he was sacked.

:|
You what? You think **** GJ would even consider coming to a club who are 15th in the NL south who get beat by a pub team! FFS get **** real
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

notnow wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 21:09 You what? You think GJ would even consider coming to a club who are 15th in the NL south who get beat by a pub team! FFS get real
See my post above.

And maybe tone down the language? :red:
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Well maybe GJ had a nice budget to attain the so called success just like GO has had without the success and unlike KN who had dusky squat! Please note the absence of all swear words purely brought about by sheer frustration!
Busterjames
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Busterjames »

Southampton Gull wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 21:01 But has been coaching at a Premier League Club who were really impressed by him.
Just to balance Jerry's argument ;-)
I’m sorry..., what Premier League Club?!?
:lol: :O
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

South Devon premier league Watcombe, he's also been running training session at Ipplepen Athletic , mind you lets hope he gets the job he's potentially being interviewed for next week ;-) then he can move on, and so could some of us also.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

You might want to check up on it Dave, think you'd be surprisingly impressed ;-)
Dave

Busterjames
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Busterjames »

No seriously, what Club and what’s he been doing?

What’s this talk of Tim H leaving also..., that prat Andy Candy will be the only one left..., god help us all!! :red:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

notnow wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 20:04 Get Nicho back never mind **** Gary Johnson
NOT NOW join the comedians.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 19:45 Billericay sacked there manager... They mean business and want to go up...
bothered?? and it is 'their'....
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

notnow wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 20:04 Get Nicho back never mind **** Gary Johnson
I tried to ignore this....

I did well, I managed a few hours....

It will be a like for like replacement, Nicho (for the legend of a player he was) was not experienced enough as a manager and still isn't....

IMO - No worse, No better
Road2League2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: The Lemon

Post by Road2League2 »

Quiet Gull we’re here to talk football not spelling. COYY
ROAD TO LEAGUE 2 :keepie:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Busterjames wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 22:05 No seriously, what Club and what’s he been doing?

What’s this talk of Tim H leaving also..., that prat Andy Candy will be the only one left..., god help us all!! :red:
Sorry but Andrew Candy is exactly the kind of man that our Club should be utilising. Attacking him on here is likely to cause a lot of ill-feeling towards you.
Dave

__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 22:16 Sorry but Andrew Candy is exactly the kind of man that our Club should be utilising. Attacking him on here is likely to cause a lot of ill-feeling towards you.
Busterjames - you have no idea.... Andrew Candy has done and will continue to do huge amounts of work for TUFC AND did so for years voluntarily.

Dave was very diplomatic in his reply, I will not be... Busterjames you are a total twit... :red: my 'A' key will not work for some reason...