Northampton Game OFF

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

What really gets my back up is the people who are moaning about the people who are moaning about the people who are moaning ...... :nod:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

CP Gull wrote:What really gets my back up is the people who are moaning about the people who are moaning about the people who are moaning ...... :nod:
Golly gosh, there are moron here moaning than I thought.. :O
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Gullscorer wrote: Golly gosh, there are moron here moaning than I thought.. :O
:lol: :)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Gullscorer wrote: Well at least we know you're not a Greek, Trojan..
What's your game, eh? Being Classical ?

Hector didn't get there on his own, he was carried by THE Trojan 'rse.

There was a better way of putting that. :Oops:

You're really getting on me nerves now gullstalker. :@ :rofl:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

If the Groundstaff keep daily records of rainfall at Plainmoor I would love to know how much rain fell between 7th Dec and18th January. Perhaps Andrew Candy can help.

Must have been way above normal.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I LIKE moaning.
barton
Trialist
Trialist

Post by barton »

portugull wrote:If the Groundstaff keep daily records of rainfall at Plainmoor I would love to know how much rain fell between 7th Dec and18th January. Perhaps Andrew Candy can help.

Must have been way above normal.
Hi portugull,
from week beginning Mon 9th Dec: 11mm, Mon 16th Dec: 128mm, Mon 23rd Dec: 104mm, Mon 30th Dec: 110mm, Mon 6th Jan: 53mm, Mon 13th Jan: 65mm. this is just shy of 19inches of rain. Hope this helps people understand why we've had a bit of trouble on the pitch.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Hi Barton thanks for those stats, personally I don't need any convincing , seen the odd post perhaps suggesting the work done on the pitch in summer may not have been quite what it was cracked up to be, to be fair think that's some way wide of the mark.

If it wasn't for the work done on the pitch in the summer, there would have been a very good chance that the Rovers, Exeter and certainly the Morecambe game wouldn't have been played, think great credit has to go to the grounds man for the fantastic work he has done on the pitch, and to the club for giving him the backing to do the work.
Formerly known as forevertufc
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Thank you very much Barton. I really do think this goes to prove how exceptionally wet it has been in Torbay since 16th Dec.

19 inches of rain is a hell of a lot especially when it falls at the wrong time!!

I for one hope all fans now have a better understanding as to why the match with Northampton became a victim of the weather.

There is only so much rain a pitch can take.