Goodbye Football League....Hello Conference

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Halifax v Cambridge tonight in the first leg play off semi. I've tipped Halifax to go on and get promoted so i'll give it half and hour until finding out that Cambridge are 6 nil up. :lol:
0-0 half time
Lucy
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Really would love to see Halifax get promoted. Don't know why, but as long as Gateshead don't go up then I'll be happy regardless.

Been watching in parts, anyone watching think we should fear any of these two sides?
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

tktufc91 wrote:Really would love to see Halifax get promoted. Don't know why, but as long as Gateshead don't go up then I'll be happy regardless.

Been watching in parts, anyone watching think we should fear any of these two sides?
I would too. A well run club now who are another example of a phoenix club rising from the ashes. I hope Gateshead go up though. There is something weirdly special about us playing clubs in the far northern corners of the country and it's kind of like a badge of honour to say you were there (a bit like us lot at Hartlepool mate! :lol: ) but I really, really, really don't want to go to Gateshead. It is grim as hell and will be on a Tuesday night in January too. You can guarantee it.

The only memory I have of Gateshead was going on a blind date with a lass from nearby Consett, going round Gateshead and the Metro Centre then getting mullered on cheap booze under the tyne bridge in Newcastle. I bet she wished she was unable to access her vision on that occasion I can tell you! True story though.

Gateshead is a mess.

COME ON GATESHEAD!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Halifax 1 up with minutes left.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

FT 1-0 Halifax.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Guiseley beat North Ferriby 2-0 at home in the conf north play off first leg so not looking too good for Ferriby. I'd take Guiseley going up. Leeds, not far.

In the other tie it was a 2-2 draw between Hednesford and Altrincham.

In the southern section Ebbsfleet all but book their place in the final with a 4-0 rout of Bromley whilst Sutton draw 1-1 with Dover.

COME ON DOVER!!!!
FavGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by FavGull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Guiseley beat North Ferriby 2-0 at home in the conf north play off first leg so not looking too good for Ferriby. I'd take Guiseley going up. Leeds, not far.

In the other tie it was a 2-2 draw between Hednesford and Altrincham.

In the southern section Ebbsfleet all but book their place in the final with a 4-0 rout of Bromley whilst Sutton draw 1-1 with Dover.

COME ON DOVER!!!!
Any of the 4 in the south would do me but fancy a trip to the Crabble so come on Dover.

Although a colleague lives in Bromley so may be able to get him along to a game there. Doesn't look likely now though. Drive past Ebbsfleet's ground on the way home from work sometimes if the traffic is playing up.

As for the North, went to uni in (dirty) Leeds so Guiseley would provide an opportunity for a reunion of sorts.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

'The Crabble'?!!! :lol:

I WANT TO GO THERE!!! SOUNDS AMAZING!! :)

Codheads have it all to do now drawing 1-1 at home against Gateshead tonight in the first leg. It will be a toughie up there and Town can be porous away. I fancy Gateshead and then Halifax to beat them in the final. Cambridge pay the price for leading the table for a long way then falling away and Grimsby always don't turn up when it matters so there you go!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

hello to the conference with a(nother) wimper.........

wonder if we can play all our games away? :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468