Club Ownership

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

My post in itself wasn't aimed at yours Dave more in the general opinion shared by a few around the forums. I fully admit using the word perceived was wrong, yes there are commercial failings some I can see myself, one of my main gripes is NO 10's, we've been regular users in the past, we both know how high the standards were , my last visit to no10's was Aldershot home, and was astounded just how far standards have been allowed to slip, it really was the pits to be honest, and it bugs me how under used that facility is.

But my point remains, I personally do not know who's responsible for what, that's why I say it's unfair for people in general to level criticism at Dean Edwards because he might not be responsible some of those failings, others may not be his fault, the club could bring in who ever they like as commercial manager, that person can be full of ideas how to drive things forward, but if the person above says no you can't do that, those ideas become worthless.

Think this local consortium does have a hurdle to get over with supporters in, we've been through five years of ownership by fans of the club with that emotional connection to the club and for one reason or another things haven't worked out. I will always think the biggest mistake the current board made was not involving someone with proper knowledge and experience in the running of a football club, hopefully the new consortium will not make the same mistakes, I think they do understand the club can no longer exist on attendance income alone, and hopefully they will make sure everything is in place to grow the clubs commercial income, that's the only way forward for TUFC, as seen at Barnet.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I have just heard a disgusting rumour that the Dean Edwards deal has fallen through, as Bill Phillips is demanding that he gets back money that he has put into the club. Is this true? If so this is now getting stupid.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I thought Bill Phillips had not invested money into the club and instead it is his time he has invested. Therefore, how can he be claiming money back? Probably a wildly off the mark rumour mixed up with the story that he was waiting for the Edwards consortium money to come through.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Couldn't possibly be Bill Phillips demanding money......................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brooker wrote:I have just heard a disgusting rumour that the Dean Edwards deal has fallen through, as Bill Phillips is demanding that he gets back money that he has put into the club. Is this true? If so this is now getting stupid.
How strong a rumour is it? Could it be that someone's has misinterpreted quotes from the BBC journo from yesterday??
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Could well be, Rich. I must admit I did chuckle when I read it ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

hi just to dispel that rumour it is utter nonsense steve breed
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

teeboo100 wrote:hi just to dispel that rumour it is utter nonsense steve breed
Good to hear Steve - one less thing to worry about! Hope all is progressing well with yours and Deano's consortium?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Indeed it is a relief to hear that rumour wasn't true.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Just so long as it is also an unfounded rumour that the club could be sold to Jed McCrory or anybody that he has anything whatsoever to do with.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It's down to the remaining board to decide who the club is sold to, but having had a few chats in past about all things TUFC with Mr Palk ( and nothing more I might add) I would suggest that some are worrying a little to much, I'm as certain as can be that while the likes of Mr Palk are involved the right thing will be done by the football club.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

forevertufc wrote:It's down to the remaining board to decide who the club is sold to, but having had a few chats in past about all things TUFC with Mr Palk ( and nothing more I might add) I would suggest that some are worrying a little to much, I'm as certain as can be that while the likes of Mr Palk are involved the right thing will be done by the football club.
I sincerely hope you are right. There are people, usually "property developers", around who shouldn't be allowed within 100 miles of football club ownership.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

So do I, as ever with these things there are no guarantees, this might be a tad naive of me, but I really do think there are still enough people on the current board that hold the club close to their hearts to make sure the right thing is done, and ultimately the right thing will be done, however there has to be an understanding that it takes two to tango, the club can only do so much to get the right buyer, the right buyer has to do their bit as well.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Ha! Cheers Breedy! I'm also bloody glad that the rumour isn't true, despite being the knob who posted it up. It was 3rd hand information, and I shouldn't have trusted it. Put me in a real strop all day at work as well! Sorry guys.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

gullintwoplaces wrote: I sincerely hope you are right. There are people, usually "property developers", around who shouldn't be allowed within 100 miles of football club ownership.
With the exception of James Brent, of course.. ;-) :)