Buckle seen in Bristol

General chat about anything else goes here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

SNW did a few pages back...[/quote]

do you believe everything you read??

i posted it to whip up a bit of enthusiasum!!!

as for the bigger club/smaller club thing, who gives a sh*t??

lets just all
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Kinky John Fowler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Kinky John Fowler »

Bristol City fan in peace or whatever

Apologies for butting in on this thread but its been noted on the OTIB BCFC forum that you have been infested with dilusional, hypocritical Gasheads who bitch and whine about other teams 'arrogant' fans yet come on here and play the Billy Big B*llox act with you.

Well done to those of you who have cottoned on to the fact that nothing winds up Gasheads more than being reminded how inferior they are to their much bigger, better neighbours in South Bristol, they have always had a bit of a complex about this, classic little man syndrome.

Personally I hope Torquay achieve promotion this year because I would like to see TUFC, Exeter and Yeovil all playing in a higher level to teams like BRFC, Pmuff and Swindon whos fans regulary come out with the sleeping giant crap whilst looking down their noses at clubs like yours who play at the same level or above. Good Luck.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Royal Gull

The fields of Anfiled Rd is also a goodun. Irene Goodnight is certanly a belter, yeah we started singing Goodnight Argyle to their fans and it has stuck ever since, I think it was in the mid 1950's.

I remember playing at Ninnian in about 2000 and it is a derby to us as there is no love lost between us and baadiff and I think the crowd was about 7k with 3k Rovers fans. The old Boothferry Park and Craven Cottage were like ghost towns when they were in the 3rd and 4th tiers.

There is definatly a lot of work that needs to be done at Rovers trust me. Apart from the loan players like Conrad Logan, Danny Senda, Kalala and Gavin Williams, and of course Super Will Hoskins the whole squad is awful. Hoskins will be sold for about 1M and that will be used to buy a new squad. I doubt Rovers will pull up any trees next season but a top 7 is a must. It all depends who the new manager is, and whether he can get a whole new squad to gel quickly.

Fancy having a flutter on us gettin promoyion aswell then?
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

Kinky John Fowler

I knew it wouldn't take long for a sh*thead to want to get involved.

Just goes to show how much you love us.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Kinky John Fowler wrote:Bristol City fan in peace or whatever

Apologies for butting in on this thread but its been noted on the OTIB BCFC forum that you have been infested with dilusional, hypocritical Gasheads who bitch and whine about other teams 'arrogant' fans yet come on here and play the Billy Big B*llox act with you.

Well done to those of you who have cottoned on to the fact that nothing winds up Gasheads more than being reminded how inferior they are to their much bigger, better neighbours in South Bristol, they have always had a bit of a complex about this, classic little man syndrome.

Personally I hope Torquay achieve promotion this year because I would like to see TUFC, Exeter and Yeovil all playing in a higher level to teams like BRFC, Pmuff and Swindon whos fans regulary come out with the sleeping giant crap whilst looking down their noses at clubs like yours who play at the same level or above. Good Luck.
Cheers mate. Some Rovers fans have made a right tit of themselves on here. :lol:
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:SNW did a few pages back...
do you believe everything you read??

i posted it to whip up a bit of enthusiasum!!!

as for the bigger club/smaller club thing, who gives a sh*t??

lets just all
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

What a waste of time this thread is - Vote 1 for locking !
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

gullsflyinghigh wrote: Cheers mate. Some Rovers fans have made a right tit of themselves on here. :lol:
Thanks. To be to rovers though, one or two have redeemed themselves.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:What a waste of time this thread is - Vote 1 for locking !
It has rather decended into a farce now hasn't it.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

BritishGAS wrote:Royal Gull

The fields of Anfiled Rd is also a goodun. Irene Goodnight is certanly a belter, yeah we started singing Goodnight Argyle to their fans and it has stuck ever since, I think it was in the mid 1950's.

I remember playing at Ninnian in about 2000 and it is a derby to us as there is no love lost between us and baadiff and I think the crowd was about 7k with 3k Rovers fans. The old Boothferry Park and Craven Cottage were like ghost towns when they were in the 3rd and 4th tiers.

There is definatly a lot of work that needs to be done at Rovers trust me. Apart from the loan players like Conrad Logan, Danny Senda, Kalala and Gavin Williams, and of course Super Will Hoskins the whole squad is awful. Hoskins will be sold for about 1M and that will be used to buy a new squad. I doubt Rovers will pull up any trees next season but a top 7 is a must. It all depends who the new manager is, and whether he can get a whole new squad to gel quickly.

Fancy having a flutter on us gettin promoyion aswell then?
Not yet! I think you've got work to do to say the least.

Depends who is appointed manager, which players you lose and which players you sign. Having the expectation doesn't neccesarily mean top 7. Bradford, Cobblers, Port Vale, Crewe etc.

What Wycombe had was a manager who'd taken aldershot up and then to the brink of the playoffs, despite going down they'd been in semi decent form and more importantly he added players he knew (Winfield, Bull, Sandell etc) kept their best players and then added even more firepower. They were always going to be in the top 3 or 4. in fact Bury in particular did brilliantly to finish above them with their lack of resource.

Haha nice post from the Bristol City fan, as ever there are some good Gasheads and some slightly delusional. Seperate the wheat from the chaff and you can have some good debate. For what it's worth I have to agree with the gist of your point, this isn't being patronising but honest from someone with no affinity to either club, Bristol City are and always will be the bigger of the Bristol clubs. In fact I quite fancy City to do well next season.
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

scottbrehaut wrote: It has rather decended into a farce now hasn't it.
I wouldn't say locking maybe just put in the banter section until the play-offs are done with. Then it can be brought back.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Been reading though this thread and I must say, BR fans are arrogant, delusional cretins. Obviously there are a couple exceptions and a couple people who are just obviously wind up merchants but generally, cretins. Well said mr Bristol City fan, at least your smugness is actually based on being a decent team.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
TUFC85
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by TUFC85 »

Hahahahaha! What utter nonsense this thread is! Maybe from a Shrewsbury fan? Who knows? Whatever the ulterior motive is here it's laughable! I'm sure Buckle has been concentrating on the boys this week and getting them focused and ready for Saturday. And when the playoffs are over, success or failure, only then can we begin to speculate about Buckle moving elsewhere.

Frank Prince seen in Bristol! Spread the word! :lol:
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

Play offs is a must, staying in this division for another 6 years will be hell.

Like I said if we can keep Logan(who should be the best keeper in League 2), Senda and Sawyer(I would imagine would be 2 of the best full backs in League 2) and Gavin Williams(who is despite his injury problems, to good for League 2) and we sign some firepower then that should be easily achievable.

Of course C*ty are a better club, they have the stadium, the cash, the owner, they play in The Championship, No Gashead can deny that, if they did then they are insane, But if you think Gasheads are delusional about their club, then C*ty are on another level. They believe they are the best footballing side since Brazil 1970, they believe they are this "MASSIVE" huge club that should be gracing the top echalons of The Premier League.

Believe me, they are only where they are today because of one man Mr Steve Lansdowne. They should have a good season next year because they are one of the highest spenders in The Championship, with the highest wage bill, they have a 41 year old keeper on 25k a week.

No sour grapes though...Even if I cant stand those South Bristol smackhead inbreds
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Jesus wept. Never had a problem with Bristol Rovers, personally. For what it's worth, to all the people saying that this is as far as Buckle can take us (namely BRFC fans), I disagree. Personally, I don't see Scunthorpe being that much bigger than us. Possibly a little bit. It's the same with teams like Colchester, Yeovil. Small clubs who have sustained themselves at higher levels. Who'd have thought Yeovil would be on the brink of the Championship a few years back? Nobody. As said before, it's all about how a club is run, not how many supporters you have. You guys, I've always imagined you to be a midtable League 1 side. Nothing more, not much less. I wouldn't say your a Championship club, nor are you a sleeping giant(!).

Lets all put this rumour to one side for a moment as we go into one of the biggest games in Paul Buckles managerial tenure yet, shall we? It can all start again once our fate is decided, but until then, it's only going to cause distractions, which isn't what we need right now.