Torquay United v Chesterfield - 16/11/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Benners on with 15 minutes to go , thanks Alan. McCallum off.

In our squad we have 3 or 4 excellent players, 3 or 4 that are ok but don't really give a sh*t and the rest are crap. Then we have Knill. Oh dear, dear , dear.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Ironic cheers from Gulls to a 35 yard shot. Embarrassing.

KNILL P*SS OFF!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Benners on with 15 minutes to go , thanks Alan. McCallum off.

In our squad we have 3 or 4 excellent players, 3 or 4 that are ok but don't really give a sh*t and the rest are crap. Then we have Knill. Oh dear, dear , dear.
benners to score 2 now then............. :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

haha!! ironic cheers for at last making their keeper make a save
still keeping the faith
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Ironic cheers from Gulls to a 35 yard shot. Embarrassing.

KNILL P*SS OFF!!

Come on board, FFS act now or loose everything
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MH91 »

Austrian, I don't think there is something wrong with playing different players every week. However I feel it would be wrong if we played different system every week (we are not doing that currently) as the players need to adjust to something new all the time. If there are different names in the starting line-up every week this would keep all the squad players on their toes and would encourage them to train hard every week as they know they would have a chance of making the line up on Saturday (I am speaking generally in any football team. Don't get me wrong I am NOT a Knill fan). In Torquay however, there is constant nonsense since the beginning of the season. There are different players every week but that is not based on the players’ performances but on manager's incompetence. What is Craig doing on the wing again? Why not a proper winger like Cameron who was signed by Knill during the summer, and move Craig in the center where he is most effective? Why not Benyon who has the same number of goals as Hawley but in twice playing time less? As I am currently listening to the commo...why is Mccallum substituted and not Hawley who is having a shocker today? I am not sure that AK knows what he is doing...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Hawley off and getting jeered, Sullivan on. Give our youth a chance because all the rest are crap! Oh we can't , they're all on loan!
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

MH91 wrote:Austrian, I don't think there is something wrong with playing different players every week. However I feel it would be wrong if we played different system every week (we are not doing that currently) as the players need to adjust to something new all the time. If there are different names in the starting line-up every week this would keep all the squad players on their toes and would encourage them to train hard every week as they know they would have a chance of making the line up on Saturday (I am speaking generally in any football team. Don't get me wrong I am NOT a Knill fan). In Torquay however, there is constant nonsense since the beginning of the season. There are different players every week but that is not based on the players’ performances but on manager's incompetence. What is Craig doing on the wing again? Why not a proper winger like Cameron who was signed by Knill during the summer, and move Craig in the center where he is most effective? Why not Benyon who has the same number of goals as Hawley but in twice playing time less? As I am currently listening to the commo...why is Mccallum substituted and not Hawley who is having a shocker today? I am not sure that AK knows what he is doing...

Just today????

Not seen him do anything for weeks now........
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MH91 »

agree...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

MH91 wrote:Austrian, I don't think there is something wrong with playing different players every week. However I feel it would be wrong if we played different system every week (we are not doing that currently) as the players need to adjust to something new all the time. If there are different names in the starting line-up every week this would keep all the squad players on their toes and would encourage them to train hard every week as they know they would have a chance of making the line up on Saturday (I am speaking generally in any football team. Don't get me wrong I am NOT a Knill fan). In Torquay however, there is constant nonsense since the beginning of the season. There are different players every week but that is not based on the players’ performances but on manager's incompetence. What is Craig doing on the wing again? Why not a proper winger like Cameron who was signed by Knill during the summer, and move Craig in the center where he is most effective? Why not Benyon who has the same number of goals as Hawley but in twice playing time less? As I am currently listening to the commo...why is Mccallum substituted and not Hawley who is having a shocker today? I am not sure that AK knows what he is doing...
:goodpost:

Totally agree and it is this confusion as to what Knills intentions are that is causing anxiousness because he quite clearly doesn't appear to know himself. Well i would go so far as to say i am sure he doesn't know what he is doing, if we knew what he is trying to achieve then at least we could get some sort of angle on it and try to understand it.

"You can hear a pin drop in this stadium" from the commo. Chez off the bar!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Some fans leaving already.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

having a go again now at least, but too little too late by looks of it
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Downes off the line! We are getting slaughtered out there! Corner to Chesterfield
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Some fans leaving already.
must be wanting to beat the rush................ :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

another corner