Takeover of the club at an advanced stage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Who to trust? Has Steve Breed not done enough for people to trust him? If there is one person who I would back to always try to do the right thing for the club it's him.

As for the unrealistic offer, if someone has a few grand and thinks he can buy the club I'd say 500k is as unrealistic as it gets wouldn't you? Lets not forget that once this deal goes through he will once more be just an ordinary fan with no more input to the club than you or I. He will do what he thinks will give the club the best possible chance to succeed in the future.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

I have no idea what finances any of the groups interested in buying Torquay United have, so to me £500k isn't as unrealistic as it gets (there are quite a few numbers beyond 500,000!).

Of course we should all be grateful for what Breed and Phillips have done in terms of keeping the club running. Unfortunately worry will occur when you don't know any of the interested parties and the individuals involved, their acumen and intentions. Ignorance is not bliss in this case.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Don't let common sense get in the way of your argument eh.................
Dave

monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Who's arguing?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Yes Kit I was. Sorry I did not make this clear. Food and beverage and all the ancillary income over a £100k. Amazing.

It suggests that 12,000 fans spend on average about £8.50 a head on beer mainly and food plus programs. Sounds feasible to me.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Anyone even slightly worried about what the club means to Steve go back and listen to his reaction after the Gateshead match, he didn't know it was being broadcast. Quiet reassuring at the very least.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Anyone even slightly worried about what the club means to Steve go back and listen to his reaction after the Gateshead match, he didn't know it was being broadcast. Quiet reassuring at the very least.
Please share what he said.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Richinns wrote: Please share what he said.
You could hear him in the background with Nigel Tabb celebrating and saying it was a great win. He sounded really happy with it all.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Formerly known as forevertufc
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Now that we have secured National League status are we likely to hear a takeover statement this week?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Admiral wrote:Now that we have secured National League status are we likely to hear a takeover statement this week?
I would expect them to have the courtesy to keep things quiet until after the last game out of respect for the job done by the current administration.
Dave

Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Southampton Gull wrote: I would expect them to have the courtesy to keep things quiet until after the last game out of respect for the job done by the current administration.
That would be a massive error in my opinion. Now we are safe, it is exactly the right time to get things moving off the pitch. There are important issues to be sorted like season ticket prices etc.and the sooner these are sorted the better - there is a lot of good feeling around the team at the moment, and the new owners would do well to capitalise on that. They will get an easier ride now, plus will likely sell a lot more tickets, if they strike while the irons hot.

Nothing disrespectful about it - with last Saturday's job the current administration has done its job.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Who says these things aren't already being dealt with quietly behind the scenes? I don't think you give the relevant people enough credit..............
Dave

Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

It says right at the end of this story that the new owners are expected to make some kind of statement this week.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Southampton Gull wrote:Who says these things aren't already being dealt with quietly behind the scenes? I don't think you give the relevant people enough credit..............
I'm sure they are, but if you read my post you will see my point is that "behind the scenes" isn't going to keep this momentum going.

I have no idea why you, or they, would think that signing on the dotted line and then getting on with the business of managing our football club is in some way disrespectful. In my mind the sooner they get on with it the better. The last thing this club needs is prevarication and procrastination in the eyes of the support (no matter what is happening behind the scenes).