The Shortlist

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Could be worse, could be Blatter, Warner or that Egyptian guy. At least we'd have good money coming into the club, could you imagine the sponsorship deals?!

£1.5 million for a match day sponsorship (and a vote) would be fine by me!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

hector wrote:What I find interesting is quite a few people are quick to denegrate John Hughes and his record, when he has achieved promotion and kept an unfashionable club like Falkirk in the SPL for four years, plus get Hibs to 4th...even if that went a bit pear shaped afterwards....yet would prefer Baraclough who did disastorously as manager of Scunny.

My feeling is that it will be Forster and yet part of me wants Hughes...it is a hard one to call but for me it should be between those two.
I think that's a bit unfair on Baraclough to be honest. He (Baraclough) took over when Adkins left for Southampton at a time when all their best players had been sold in the summer. Not only that but whicever way you look at it Scunthorpe ended up finishing in exactly the place you would expect them to (24th).

Whether you judge them on attendances (regularly sub 5000), budget (surely the smallest in the Champioship by a country mile) or location - they are not a club that you would expect to be able to maintain a position in the Championship over a period of time - the fact that they did for three years speaks volumes of Adkins and his Assistant (Baraclough) and similarly the fact that Baraclough couldn't keep them up should not be a reason for writing him off completely. If he is to be appointed, then he would not have been my first choice (originally Hughes but more latterly Forster) but he would probably be my second choice (Hughes having dropped to third).
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

Anyone else feel that it might not be today now.......not even a mention of a press conference on the O/S yet.
....aka jmgull.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

jocktheknife wrote:Anyone else feel that it might not be today now.......not even a mention of a press conference on the O/S yet.
Yes...have the same feeling. Perhaps they are just trying to sell O'Kane and Zebroski before they decide who to appoint.