What price Zebroski?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

It's common practice for managers and coaches to get a percentage of players they bring on with higher sell on fees. I don't know if that still applies when managers move clubs but wouldn't be suprised if it did, a contract is a contract at the end of the day. He will have the same agreement with probably the same players at Rovers ie double money should they sell on again. This has always been an issue with me about Buckle, he always pushed the youngsters in. We didn't suffer due to that, probably the opposite, but I aalways wondered which was his motivation the team or his pocket.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Dave_Pougher wrote:It's common practice for managers and coaches to get a percentage of players they bring on with higher sell on fees. I don't know if that still applies when managers move clubs but wouldn't be suprised if it did, a contract is a contract at the end of the day. He will have the same agreement with probably the same players at Rovers ie double money should they sell on again. This has always been an issue with me about Buckle, he always pushed the youngsters in. We didn't suffer due to that, probably the opposite, but I aalways wondered which was his motivation the team or his pocket.
Surely there is a major conflict on interests if Buckle has a sell on percentage in Zebs contract and now he is the one buying Zeb? Cannot see the League looking kindly on that! I would think if there was one - it would be waved in these circumstances.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Richinns wrote: Surely there is a major conflict on interests if Buckle has a sell on percentage in Zebs contract and now he is the one buying Zeb? Cannot see the League looking kindly on that! I would think if there was one - it would be waved in these circumstances.

You would think so wouldn't you but I've never heared of it being waived before.

Remember this is the same League that saw chris Roberts as fiting their rule of "Fit and proper person" to be a football club chairman.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

Latest on the transfer rumours site is zeb signing for Rovers on Monday with Kuffour coming the other way, not that I believe anything on that site but we will see.
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

kuffour plus £75k and sell on fee, that'd do me i reckon?
still keeping the faith
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Warwickgull »

I would want just the cash I think if its 150k plus. Jk past his best :|
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

bixieupnorth wrote:kuffour plus £75k and sell on fee, that'd do me i reckon?
There is no way Kuffour is worth £75,000.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

and the thing that concern's me me over Kuffour is the gas fans are split over him,some want the club to keep him,and other's refer to him as "joker4".

I would be far happier if they were gutted to see him go on mass,fans are normaly a good pointer on were a player is at.
Formerly known as forevertufc
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Vimto wrote:It's good to see he looks set to move to us. I'd be very pleased with the signing if it comes off.

I think, if the above is true, that it's a great deal all round. Rovers get the player Buckle clearly thinks will add quality to us and Torquay get a decent fee for a man with only 1-year left on his contract.

Sounds good. Although, I highly doubt JK will be part of the deal. His wages are pretty high. I think I'm right in saying that when he was at Bournemouth he took up around 25% of their wage bill and then when he signed for us we offered him even more. I'd like to keep Kuffour as I think he'd be a great weapon for us in League Two but I'm not sure if Buckle will keep him on.
He joined Torquay from Arsenal kids, after a appearing on loan for Swindon. He was due to renew his contract with Torquay, but chose to sign for Brentford instead. I don't blame him for this, as he was born in Enfield & more than likely wanted to go back to London.
In any case, well supported lower league clubs may have had a budget of say around £1m at that time, & I doubt that they, or anyone else would have paid Jo £250k a year.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

bixieupnorth wrote:kuffour plus £75k and sell on fee, that'd do me i reckon?
Whether thats a good deal or not would depend on a number of circumstances. Kuffours wages arn't going to be cheap, to the point where I'd imagine they'd be fairly similar to Zebroski. So by taking Kuffour we'd not really be making any room within the wage structure and we'd still be light of a winger or forward (depending on where you see Kuffour playing).

However, if Kuffour isn't as costly as we're led to believe and Ling is still able to bring in a bit of quality up front and on the left flank it could be a good deal. Kuffour can either go up front or out wide, bring another couple of bodies in and we could have a decent looking attacking line up.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Kuffour is on far, far more than Zebroski. He's one of the best paid players in Bristol, a club known to have some really big earners. By comparison, Zebroski won't be in the same league.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Kuffour will be a quality player in league 2 - but the truth of the matter is we simply will not be able to afford his wages. No chance he will be coming as part of the deal.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Warwickgull »

Was going to say just that. JK being on what was a league one contract and one of their bigger earners would be on far more than Zeb.

I would rather stay clear of JK, see the colour of their money and then invest that on 2 or 3 good players in the positions we need to cover, rather than on one player whos probably past his best.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Perhaps on a season long loan, Kuffour is a good player still and would love to see him back here. I doubt he would take a wage cut but perhaps Buckle will do us a favour (and no doubt make a big thing out of it to make himself look good) and allow us to pay a grand a week and they take on the rest of the wages... we can dream anyway!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

I am not that fussed about Kuffour. His scoring record is ok not brilliant. I think we could use the wages on 2 or 3 players instead of Kuffour.