New home shirt

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Sorry to disapoint some of you but your assumptions that shirt G is by far the worst are way off the mark. some of the comments I have seen seem to suggest by tone that we should all listen to you all and not vote for this shirt or you will deny you ever watched Torquay United, that's the tone that comes across.
Now with the best will in the world I would suggest that you are only and i stress only providing your own opinion. Not putting up a fact backed up by evidence.
Your opinion is expressing an interest, and therefor is perfectly valid as a point for discussion and if you want to put your vote that was then all well and good. But you are a little wide of the mark suggesting that others are wierd,deluded or somehow difficient in their opinions or brain matter if they vote for a shirt you do not like.
You can vote for what you like. But please let us have our own opinions and vote for our own choices. It's what the free world was built on.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

i have never said G is the worst shirt or even terrible, the choices as a whole are poor. the main gripe i have with G is we have had it twice in recent memory and this should have been a chance for something new. i dont even mind a retro shirt but not twice. this will be the third time around. and as i have said many times i do not feel we should have so much white in the kit, if at all. (dont even get me started on those bloody white socks this season :@ ) we are supposed to be yellow and blue. i just never thought G worked as a football shirt. as i have said it didnt really go with the various shorts and socks combos and didnt go with supporters clothing either. from a distance you cant pick out the stripes and the shirt looks a strange cream/magnolia colour.comments about wearing glasses and eyes need testing are just in fun and banter. yes everything said is only my opinion but that is what boards like this are about debate and opinion. i have been watching torquay for nearly 26 years and not once have i seen a really good home kit and it is just frustrating that we have a choice and they churn out a shirt for the third time and the other choices were not great.most of them similar.of course we should all respect the democratic vote but like i said we should have voted at a home game to get a proper idea and a bigger amount of votes. hasnt it already been said a lot of our supporters are the older generation, probably dont use a computer.also now there is accusation of online vote rigging for C. like i said before -
WE ARE YELLOW/GOLD AND BLUE! NOT YELLOW/GOLD BLUE AND WHITE!: :scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

chunkygull wrote: if somebody can do this with regards to C then who is to say nobody has done it to put G in the lead.still most people i have spoke to do not rate G. I said before online voting can be manipulated. The club should have done a vote at a home game with ballot papers like it used to be for player of the year. if the new screen has the technology the pictures of the shirts could have been put up, other than that having them in the paper or matchday programmes should be enough. whoever is manipulating C though wants some new glasses as well. although the shirt is just yellow and blue like it should be.i personally would like to know actual numbers of votes rather than a percentage.it would be interesting to know how many votes there have been. :scarf:
and thats fair and democratic is it?

what about the fans who cant get to the home games the ones that are exiles?
there are fans of TUFC all over the world and this way everyone who wants to vote can do so.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
and thats fair and democratic is it?

what about the fans who cant get to the home games the ones that are exiles?
there are fans of TUFC all over the world and this way everyone who wants to vote can do so.
pardon me i should have explained better, i meant the voting to be at a home game as well as online. mainly to give everybody a chance. as said before a lot of older generation go to watch torquay and they and a lot of other supporters might not be online.i think the chance voting online gives is great for those who dont live near torquay. if some have bothered to try and manipulate the vote for C though then that just spoils it. :scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

chunkygull wrote:i have never said G is the worst shirt or even terrible, the choices as a whole are poor. the main gripe i have with G is we have had it twice in recent memory and this should have been a chance for something new. i dont even mind a retro shirt but not twice. this will be the third time around. and as i have said many times i do not feel we should have so much white in the kit, if at all. (dont even get me started on those bloody white socks this season :@ ) we are supposed to be yellow and blue. i just never thought G worked as a football shirt. as i have said it didnt really go with the various shorts and socks combos and didnt go with supporters clothing either. from a distance you cant pick out the stripes and the shirt looks a strange cream/magnolia colour.comments about wearing glasses and eyes need testing are just in fun and banter. of course we should all respect the democratic vote but like i said we should have voted at a home game to get a proper idea and a bigger amount of votes. hasnt it already been said a lot of our supporters are the older generation, probably dont use a computer.also now there is accusation of online vote rigging for C. like i said before -
WE ARE YELLOW/GOLD AND BLUE! NOT YELLOW/GOLD BLUE AND WHITE!: :scarf:

I can admire your tenacity and defence of your point of view Chunkygull, i like it. It's annoying as hell when you have such strong opinions on something but people won't listen or take you seriously, or worse still try and find an angle on your posts to turn it around so that you find yourself apologising for things you may/may not have said or meant in a jovial manner but just go with the flow mate and don't let it wind you up. For what it's worth i agree that the club once again have proved how incapable they are and have made a total fanny up of operating something as simple as a fair and open vote. Like you say, a vote by ballot at a home game would have been more appropriate than an online vote that can be manipulated by anyone sad enough to want to admittedly but a postal vote where it would actually cost fans the price of a stamp for each vote would have been fairer. Like Super says, a home game ballot might not be the fairest. I think the club should be praised for wanting to get the fans involved but they just don't really think things through at times and it is often like the blind leading the blind trying to get anything important done at TUFC. At the end of the day Chunky, it's not the end of the world if we end up with G but if we end up with G and WITHOUT a sponsor on it then it will look funnier than Keith Lemon. NOT FUNNY AT ALL!! :@

I'm sure it won't come to that and G will turn out to be a good choice after all but they don't make it easy for themselves where shirts are concerned! Keep up the campaign Chunky and we'll see what happens. ( I voted for B ).
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

I can admire your tenacity and defence of your point of view Chunkygull, i like it. It's annoying as hell when you have such strong opinions on something but people won't listen or take you seriously, or worse still try and find an angle on your posts to turn it around so that you find yourself apologising for things you may/may not have said or meant in a jovial manner but just go with the flow mate and don't let it wind you up. For what it's worth i agree that the club once again have proved how incapable they are and have made a total fanny up of operating something as simple as a fair and open vote. Like you say, a vote by ballot at a home game would have been more appropriate than an online vote that can be manipulated by anyone sad enough to want to admittedly but a postal vote where it would actually cost fans the price of a stamp for each vote would have been fairer. Like Super says, a home game ballot might not be the fairest. I think the club should be praised for wanting to get the fans involved but they just don't really think things through at times and it is often like the blind leading the blind trying to get anything important done at TUFC. At the end of the day Chunky, it's not the end of the world if we end up with G but if we end up with G and WITHOUT a sponsor on it then it will look funnier than Keith Lemon. NOT FUNNY AT ALL!! :@
I'm sure it won't come to that and G will turn out to be a good choice after all but they don't make it easy for themselves where shirts are concerned! Keep up the campaign Chunky and we'll see what happens. ( I voted for B ).
absolutely right it wont be the end of the world if G wins.it might even turn out to be a decent kit, it cant be worse than last time. there are more important things like - sponsors, no shirt would be good without one - the club being in a sound financial state - having a half decent team that actually plays good football whilst keeping safe from the non league trapdoor.but as you say they manage to fanny up something as simple as a fair and open vote.the choices of all the shirts on offer are not great and there are maybe only 2 or 3 i would maybe wear. the more i think about it whilst i am grateful the club have opened up a vote to the fans why could the choices have not been better and all 7 designs have been completely different. G was always likely to win. it is different,it is retro, its not hideous but maybe it should have not even been in there as a choice because it has been done twice before.i do believe it is what the club wanted from the start and they knew up against the other 6 it would more than likely win. :scarf:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

I said this before but I'm pretty certain that the club themselves want to go with G. The reason I think this is that designs A-D are fairly similar to each other, as are E and F. So people who like those looks will likely fracture and vote for A or B or C (etc etc), which means that G has the most votes by default. So by doing this vote they can be fairly sure that G will win, and then they can say "Oh, hey, you people voted for it" even though at the moment, it's not a majority.

But like I've also said - whatever, man. I just won't buy it :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

happytorq wrote:I said this before but I'm pretty certain that the club themselves want to go with G. The reason I think this is that designs A-D are fairly similar to each other, as are E and F. So people who like those looks will likely fracture and vote for A or B or C (etc etc), which means that G has the most votes by default. So by doing this vote they can be fairly sure that G will win, and then they can say "Oh, hey, you people voted for it" even though at the moment, it's not a majority.

If that is the case they obviously didn't include the players in the decision seeing as all apart from Jarvo are not overly fond of it to say the very least!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

happytorq wrote:I said this before but I'm pretty certain that the club themselves want to go with G. The reason I think this is that designs A-D are fairly similar to each other, as are E and F. So people who like those looks will likely fracture and vote for A or B or C (etc etc), which means that G has the most votes by default. So by doing this vote they can be fairly sure that G will win, and then they can say "Oh, hey, you people voted for it" even though at the moment, it's not a majority.

You're an American now so does that mean you just won't 'believe' it or do you really mean you won't 'purchase' it? 8/ :~D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

austrianandygull wrote:You're an American now so does that mean you just won't 'believe' it or do you really mean you won't 'purchase' it? 8/ :~D
Not an american, so there!

I meant I won't purchase it. It will not fork over any of my (not very) hard-earned moolah for the shirt. And yes, it's still a shirt. not a jersey.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

come on everybody,only one day left for voting. lets hope all the serious voters are leaving it late and they cast real votes for a proper shirt not like all those playing a joke on us by voting for G. :scarf:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

G-Force!
We shall not be stopped now!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

chunkygull wrote:come on everybody,only one day left for voting. lets hope all the serious voters are leaving it late and they cast real votes for a proper shirt not like all those playing a joke on us by voting for G. :scarf:
you are absolutely right.
in fact, ive just sent emails and texts to everyone I know to vote for GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

I hate G. It's so outdated.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Richinns wrote:G-Force!
We shall not be stopped now!
While I detest G with all of my body, this comment made me laugh.

"G-Force!" :-D
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...