Exeter City v Torquay United - 28/1/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Nicholson was awful, stevens had an alright game in my opinion and you couldn't expect anything from Macklin really an I think he only came on due to Craig injured which meant Stevens got an early appearance, just good to see him back. Wasn't too pleased with Oastler either. Jarvis did well covering ground and Bodin had a bright start but fizzled out and correctly substituted.

Agree about Thompson, he should have been there.

Although I like nico, I think we should give him a rest and play Cruise.
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Think our game would fundamentally improve if we just concentrated on being more accurate with our passing and making sure it gets where its supposed to go on occasions and accept that sometimes it just pays to get rid of the ball rather than trying to do too much with it.
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Great result yesterday. They actually aired the match on Norwegian TV, but with an English commentator. Felt that the penalty was very soft and Billy fell over way to easy. The commentator said it was a clear cut penalty, but that was far from my impresion. Like others have posted we gave away possesion way to easy with sloppy passes. No wonder we conceed so many goals at the end of games. We need to try to keep the ball within the team. Thanfully, yesterday we were able to hold on.

Bring on Cheltenham :)

-Eirik-
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Great to hear the game was seen as far as Norway, while it wasn't a great match, it could have been a hell of a lot worse, and our boys fought to the last man to keep City out.

Has anyone else had trouble with the highlights link on sky sports? on my pc it wont load, and on my iPad it says it's not compatible. I was at the game, and can't wait to see the game from a better view. Can't wait for Saturday now.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

They don't seem to have put it up yet, just interviews with Manse & Rene and pointless burbling by Tiswas and Numpty.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I really like Taylor, but when he speaks its like a bedtime story, I'm amazed the team were even awake for the second half!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

[quote="brooker"]Great to hear the game was seen as far as Norway, while it wasn't a great match, it could have been a hell of a lot worse, and our boys fought to the last man to keep City out.

Has anyone else had trouble with the highlights link on sky sports? on my pc it wont load, and on my iPad it says it's not compatible. I was at the game, and can't wait to see the game from a better view. Can't wait for Saturday now.[/quote]

Yeah, those within spitting distance of the Arctic Circle have no problems getting it but if you live in a dead midlands town like Chesterfield and it's Premier League obsessed sterile chain pubs then you can forget it! :@

Tossers. You'd think they would put on ANY football just to attract the odd more punter. Arseholes.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Same here in darkest Oxfordshire... sheep sh&gging was on the otherside...
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

At last time to post! Delighted with the win last night and I cannot fault the players for effort. Well done lads!
Thought Rene, Manse and the two centre backs had really good games. However, thought our full backs were caught out on a number of occasions. Time for Cruise and Leadbetter. Ling also needs to accept that Stevens is simply not good enough for League 2.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

With the away support about 550 last night. How many watched the match on the big screen with that curry/pint offer. Better to give us the money.
Lucy
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

lucy6lucy wrote:With the away support about 550 last night. How many watched the match on the big screen with that curry/pint offer. Better to give us the money.
Anyone know?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

It was well supported with 45 fans attending. Thank you to everyone who could not get to St James's Park but who came to Plainmoor instead to support the Club. We hope to be able to repeat this in the future.
Regards,
Andrew
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Cheers Andrew :-D :-D
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

well watched the full game yesterday which i has sky + on my return from from dubai :@ bloody work!! :@

anyway, i thought that all 11 players should take credit for an excellent team performance. :clap:

by the way, does anyone think their goalie could have been sent of for the slap on manse? :nod:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
by the way, does anyone think their goalie could have been sent of for the slap on manse? :nod:
Yes

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com