Knill out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Gullscorer wrote:Martin Ling got us into the play-offs a few months before his illness took over. Yes he inherited a few good players from Paul Buckle, who had taken us to a play-off final at Old Trafford, but he also brought in some good ones himself. Alan Knill has ostensibly done likewise and signed a few decent players, but has yet to achieve anything with his squad. Even allowing him some slack for injuries and 'bad luck', however, we all expected, quite reasonably, more than bottom of the league at this stage of the season. More is still possible, of course. Unlikely, the way things are going. Very unlikely, but possible. Trying to be positive.. :-/
Knill won more games with Ling's team, than he has his own.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

hector wrote:
Knill won more games with Ling's team, than he has his own.

Crap, he added Labadie and Chappell so let's not start inventing "facts" shall we.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Crap, he added Labadie and Chappell so let's not start inventing "facts" shall we.
So I suppose it should have been that he used 9 of Lings team & 2 of his, until his 2 were recalled by their parent clubs. In any case there is no point in looking back to last season, it is just not relevant to the current mess that the club is in IMO.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

wodger of awabia wrote: So I suppose it should have been that he used 9 of Lings team & 2 of his, until his 2 were recalled by their parent clubs. In any case there is no point in looking back to last season, it is just not relevant to the current mess that the club is in IMO.

It doesn't really matter, what isn't in any doubt is that Hector's shameful attempt at mocking our Manager is nothing more than bullshit.
Dave

Joe
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Joe »

Would it be worth you considering petition seen as you have a break until your next game (not rhetorical question)?
Last edited by Joe on 03 Dec 2013, 22:44, edited 2 times in total.
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Not when you know that the sack, and a nice pay off could be coming any day.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Southampton Gull wrote: So I suppose it should have been that he used 9 of Lings team & 2 of his, until his 2 were recalled by their parent clubs. In any case there is no point in looking back to last season, it is just not relevant to the current mess that the club is in IMO.

It doesn't really matter, what isn't in any doubt is that Hector's shameful attempt at mocking our Manager is nothing more than bullshit.[/quote]

Labadie and Chappell got recalled after about 5 minutes...two of the wins came right at the end after they had gone. So, cannot really see how you can suggest that it was Alan Knill's team at the end of last season. Any way, only you could try and defend his glorious record of a mighty FOUR wins last season as something good. You essentially defeat your own argument. If it was his team, then he did crap. If it wasn't, then he is doing even worse now with his own team.

Alan Knill doesn't require any mocking. His record does that for him.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Well done, you managed to misquote not one but two people :)

Now please show me where I suggest what you suggest I suggested. I won't hold my breath.
Dave