Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Northampton Town, the team who in 1960/61 season were in Division 4, climbed to Division 1 and were back in Division 4 for the 1969/70 season. Up and down in a decade.

Incredible, unbelievable.

Their collective consciousness is still suffering from that 60's rush of euphoria followed by depression.

It explains their condition and sadly, there is no medication that can gentle their condition.

Eat shit and die then.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

GGGRRRRRRRR It wasn't going to be long! Our gas boiler has just packed in, I know whats wrong with it and why it wont fire up. I have a 'Service' contract with British Gas which on the whole is ok, BUT THEY CANT COME OUT UNTIL THURSDAY AFTER 6pm TO REPAIR IT!
They can come tomorrow if I can stay in between 8am and 1pm, or 12pm and 6pm BUT BOTH MYSELF AND MY WIFE WORK IN SCHOOLS SO WE CANT JUST DROP EVERYTHING AND BOOK A MORNING OR AFTERNOON OFF UNLIKE MOST PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do we put up with such shite service in this country? (please dont suggest changing to a different company we used to be with Homeserve GB and thier service and engineers are utter shite!!!!!!!! You have been warned)

GERCHA!!!!!!! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ah, yes, servicing.

had the bl**dy car serviced yesterday - £350! :@

could have (but cant) gone to an independent and paid only £200!

robbing bas**rds! :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Northern Tightwads :red:
Dave

EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Not a whinge, moan or rant, just something that happened at the school where I work today.
The Downs Syndrome kid I work with went to the toilet today, and came out sucking a sweet. A sweet he had fished out of the urinal.

I just wanted to share that with you all.

Enjoy your evening meals. :Z :Z :Z
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote:Not a whinge, moan or rant, just something that happened at the school where I work today.
The Downs Syndrome kid I work with went to the toilet today, and came out sucking a sweet. A sweet he had fished out of the urinal.

I just wanted to share that with you all.

Enjoy your evening meals. :Z :Z :Z

Mongol is the word I remember. Some still use that word. Spastic is another one. All are now grouped together under the label "disabled".

Then there are the spastic minded. Aye, you've guessed it . . .

. . . politically correct sad b*stards.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Bloody "new" police officers with their bloody speed cameras.
Bast**ds!!

Don't mind the "older" ones, they all know me....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

scottbrehaut wrote:Bloody "new" police officers with their bloody speed cameras.
Bast**ds!!

Don't mind the "older" ones, they all know me....

Lol. We've already established you only drive a 100 yds in Guernsey before you need to turn left, how the hell did you get done for speeding?
Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Ha ha - 40 in a 25. My fcuking mistake, I thought it was a 35, apparently not.

Bast**ds!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

scottbrehaut wrote:Ha ha - 40 in a 25. My fcuking mistake, I thought it was a 35, apparently not.

Bast**ds!!

apparently not. numb nuts! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Trojan 67 wrote:
Mongol is the word I remember. Some still use that word. Spastic is another one. All are now grouped together under the label "disabled".

Then there are the spastic minded. Aye, you've guessed it . . .

. . . politically correct sad b*stards.
OK I've had a long think about this. I work with disabled children, and in the past as a younger person I've used the expressions mong and spacker, not proud but thats how they were back in the day.
They now have Downs Syndrome, or Cerebral Palsy. I now know why they are like they are. Its not politically correct, its the correct name for the disability they have. They neither asked for or wanted it, it just happened, and many of them are the nicest kids I have ever met.

I also called people n*ggers, nig nogs, paki b*astards, coons, chinks etc.
They neither asked for or wanted it, it just happened.
Still want to call people "politically correct sad b*stards"?
The parallel is uncanny when spelt out.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote: OK I've had a long think about this. I work with disabled children, and in the past as a younger person I've used the expressions mong and spacker, not proud but thats how they were back in the day.
They now have Downs Syndrome, or Cerebral Palsy. I now know why they are like they are. Its not politically correct, its the correct name for the disability they have. They neither asked for or wanted it, it just happened, and many of them are the nicest kids I have ever met.

I also called people n*ggers, nig nogs, paki b*astards, coons, chinks etc.
They neither asked for or wanted it, it just happened.
Still want to call people "politically correct sad b*stards"?
The parallel is uncanny when spelt out.

What hit the nerve Emet ? The words mongol and spastic ? As you state, the word correct stands alone without the need to add political or politically to it. I ll go beyond the word correct to the words exact and precise. As you state, Downs Syndrome and Cerebral Palsy are accurate terms for the conditions. Some might not have CB but still be spastic due to disablement of the limbs.

I stand firm against political correctness and the brainwashing thought process that is in occupation and control. Neutralising the controlling thought process is no problem and the outcome usually is that the sad b*stards under the influence go down with it.

When you know the line, you are the line. Those who transverse it are x. Then there s why.

x + y = z

Now be careful with light, it can do more than blind. :)
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Trojan 67 wrote: What hit the nerve Emet ? The words mongol and spastic ? As you state, the word correct stands alone without the need to add political or politically to it. I ll go beyond the word correct to the words exact and precise. As you state, Downs Syndrome and Cerebral Palsy are accurate terms for the conditions. Some might not have CB but still be spastic due to disablement of the limbs.

I stand firm against political correctness and the brainwashing thought process that is in occupation and control. Neutralising the controlling thought process is no problem and the outcome usually is that the sad b*stards under the influence go down with it.

When you know the line, you are the line. Those who transverse it are x. Then there s why.

x + y = z

Now be careful with light, it can do more than blind.
I can't stand political correctness either, but calling someone a mongol or spastic is offensive. They are after all people who have had the misfortune to suffer a disability.
Would you call a black person a n*gger or c**n or an asian a w*g to thier face? Highly unlikely, so why should it be acceptable to abuse the disabled in a similar fashion?
It's got nothing to do with PC and everything to do with being offensive, and I thought as a society we had grown up a bit and left this behind. Maybe not.
As for the gobbledegook I've highlighted, cut down on whatever you're drinking or smoking my friend! :-/

EDITED TO CORRECT QUOTATIONS. SB
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

“Never argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference.”

Quod erat demonstrandum :na:
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Trojan 67 wrote:“Never argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference.”

Quod erat demonstrandum :na:
I will not argue with you ever again for the very same reason! :whistle:

I'm going back to the jokes thread for a holiday now :)