Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

ferrarilover wrote:Mo-Mo-Mohammed (fine for a man, but I wouldn't choose it for my teddy bear) moves up to L1 to play alongside a murderer and the only proper striker in L2 last year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22731813

Matt.

Don't say that Matt, you'll have the usual bunch coming on and saying he has a right to get on with his life and so long as it wasn't their kids he'd wiped off the face of the planet they are happy with him doing that. :-/
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Amazed to see that Jake Robinson has now signed for some Blue Square South side called Whitehawk (never heard of them being honest).

I know it's close to home ( Brighton) for him, but at 26 years of age when he should be entering the peak years of his career it is a massive step backwards and makes you wonder whether he will ever play in the League again. Perhaps one of the reasons why his career has never really taken off is that lack of desire and ambition ... because he undoubtedly has some talent.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/sportsn ... r/?ref=rss
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I can only imagine he has given up, or are Whitehawk owned by someone with the first name, Sheikh?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

.... and another one dropping down a couple of tiers ... Scott Bevan signs for Havant & Waterlooville.

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/new ... s_id=10164
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

That's a good move for Bevan, considering he was potentially not going to have a career left. Hope he does well there.
Luke.

tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

cambgull wrote:I can only imagine he has given up, or are Whitehawk owned by someone with the first name, Sheikh?
I'm pretty sure Whitehawk (or Brighton City as they will be known as next season) have had a lot of money pumped into the club in recent years. Wasn't long ago Whitehawk were playing in the Sussex County League. I know they have built a couple of new stands for the upcoming season and have ambitions to be in the Football League in about 5 years. Would have liked to have seen Jake back at Plainmoor personally. Good luck to him and Bevan at their new clubs.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

It'll be interesting to follow their progress. 3 promotions in 4 seasons is a pretty good record.
Luke.

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Yeah, I have a vague memory of Whitehawk winning their division lady year with about 200 points. They'll win their division this year too. That said, at 26, that's got to be Robinson's ambition well and truly dead.

Pleased for Scotty, such a shame, he's a perfectly decent L2 keeper. Still, injury or not, he's paying the price for chasing the money.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Not really. Apparently he isn't able to pass the strict medical that League clubs insist on so signing for a club fairly close to his hometown isn't a bad move for a player while he tries to improve his fitness to regain a place at a League club. I was told this by a good friend of his so not passing it off as fact just what I was told.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Scotty B?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Is the Nick McKoy mentioned here the same one we had on loan during the relegation season?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24171344
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Saw Lee Phillips playing for Chippenham against Yate last Saturday. he had a so so game but didnt set the place quite as alight as he hoped. Yate had Lewis Haldane in their side and he was on trial at Torquay a couple of seasons ago. He was much better. and scored again on Tuesday evening against Paulton Rovers.
Yates Goalie is one I think is worth watching. he has been a safe pair of hands and I think he could still make it in the league. He pulled off some brilliant saves. He used to play for Rovers but they released him due to cuts. His was later proved to be a mistake. They should have kept him.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I see Rene Howe is doing well at Burton. He has scored 1 goal, was booked 3 games ago and then subbed, was subbed last week and this week didn't even start and came on after 58 minutes! WOW! What a career inmprovement Mr Howe.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I noticed from the footage of the FLS that Burton have more than their share of porkers, Howe looks slim by comparison :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com