Next Manager- confirmed: Kevin Nicholson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

CP Gull wrote:Still have a sneaky feeling it will be Neil Aspin - which if it is, would be the best we could possibly hope for in our current situation, in my opinion.
Neil Asprin your giving me a headache.

I'm not sure but in the situation we are in Shaun Joyce and Shaun North assistant.I don't know what we pay but would have thought they could be in our wage bracket and together have the experience to tackle the job.

Ramshaw has got to go.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I presume Aspin will be on compensation from Halifax. If that is the case he may be in a similar position to Cox- but for longer.?

We need as much experience has we can possibly afford. Now is not a time for a gamble.
haz316
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: elliot benyon

Post by haz316 »

Southern manager with immense experience and great contacts...forget about player manager,my choice is owner/manager.....harry redknapp
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

According to the OS Ramshaw went round after the game today to shake the hands with 129 who were there. Well he would wouldn't he as they were all the prospective managers who have applied!!
(There have been 129 applicants for those who don't know).
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

:goodpost:
haz316 wrote:Southern manager with immense experience and great contacts...forget about player manager,my choice is owner/manager.....harry redknapp
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

nickbrod wrote:According to the OS Ramshaw went round after the game today to shake the hands with 129 who were there. Well he would wouldn't he as they were all the prospective managers who have applied!!
(There have been 129 applicants for those who don't know).
Indeed he did come and shake hands
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

In terms of a manager, the club is in the national league and in many cases the manager who takes the job will either be on the downward in his career due to not being successful or will be an aging player or lower level league manager looking to make a mark in management.

Any manager coming in will need a short term plan and be able to work with existing players, the reason for this, he wont have much time or potential cash to bring in players, he will have to remember blending players into a team who are losing games each week will be difficult and may cause further turmoil if too many changes are made too quickly. All managers like to bring in their own players, dangerous if he and these players are from lower leagues in my opinion, they may have performed for him at that level, but may not at a higher level.

Its clear to see the team needs a system to suit a more robust method of defending, this is where all the focus should be, only when you have resilience and confidence to defend under pressure, should you look to be overly offensive, some people can disagree with this and say its negative, but trust me, this would be naïve, its never a good strategy having to score more goals than you concede.

A manager with a plan and strategy will be better than one who fire fights, having foundations then systematically working on the small things that will give you the biggest results is a good strategy, improving the team in increments, don't go for a big bang strategy, make it clear to players their roles and responsibilities with in the system, get them to take responsibility for their performances, then get them through leadership and motivation follow you into battle, the players need a strong manager they trust.

Take small victories from each game no matter what the score is and build on the positives and work on the weaknesses, each game the team will grow in confidence.

All teams should be fully prepared for each game and have personal programs pertaining to nutrition, sports psychology, physiology,get them strong and fit, get your team to play at a high tempo every training session and replicate it in games and build confidence and momentum, in time you will have a team who deals better with adversity and performs consistently week in and week out.

I hope you enjoyed my football philosophy, it works and can be the difference between being relegated and staying in the league!

DC
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

According to Dave Phillips himself: new manager in on Monday.

Wouldn't say who, or if well know to the club.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

RussianGull wrote:According to Dave Phillips himself: new manager in on Monday.

Wouldn't say who, or if well know to the club.
I hope they make the right decision !!!!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

davidcaldwell123 wrote:In terms of a manager, the club is in the national league and in many cases the manager who takes the job will either be on the downward in his career due to not being successful or will be an aging player or lower level league manager looking to make a mark in management.

Any manager coming in will need a short term plan and be able to work with existing players, the reason for this, he wont have much time or potential cash to bring in players, he will have to remember blending players into a team who are losing games each week will be difficult and may cause further turmoil if too many changes are made too quickly. All managers like to bring in their own players, dangerous if he and these players are from lower leagues in my opinion, they may have performed for him at that level, but may not at a higher level.

Its clear to see the team needs a system to suit a more robust method of defending, this is where all the focus should be, only when you have resilience and confidence to defend under pressure, should you look to be overly offensive, some people can disagree with this and say its negative, but trust me, this would be naïve, its never a good strategy having to score more goals than you concede.

A manager with a plan and strategy will be better than one who fire fights, having foundations then systematically working on the small things that will give you the biggest results is a good strategy, improving the team in increments, don't go for a big bang strategy, make it clear to players their roles and responsibilities with in the system, get them to take responsibility for their performances, then get them through leadership and motivation follow you into battle, the players need a strong manager they trust.

Take small victories from each game no matter what the score is and build on the positives and work on the weaknesses, each game the team will grow in confidence.

All teams should be fully prepared for each game and have personal programs pertaining to nutrition, sports psychology, physiology,get them strong and fit, get your team to play at a high tempo every training session and replicate it in games and build confidence and momentum, in time you will have a team who deals better with adversity and performs consistently week in and week out.

I hope you enjoyed my football philosophy, it works and can be the difference between being relegated and staying in the league!

DC
like it dave ...could do with a few of the 87/88 squad in our team now what we would give for a Caldwell loram dobson Phil Lloyd ect ect....

also Hi dave remember I sorted you out with some match footage mate
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

potnoodle wrote:I've heard on good authority it's Kevin Nicholson. Get your bets on girls and boys!

I'll support whoever they appoint, but I have a very hard time believing that out of 129 applicants, someone with zero managerial experience was the best option.
TUST member 203
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Cannot believe Steve Breed would sanction Nicholson after ditching Hargreaves.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

davidcaldwell123 wrote:In terms of a manager, the club is in the national league and in many cases the manager who takes the job will either be on the downward in his career due to not being successful or will be an aging player or lower level league manager looking to make a mark in management.

DC
:goodpost:
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

potnoodle wrote:Well my source is very reliable and I am as surprised as you are.

I would of hoped for someone else at this present time as we are petering on another relegation battle, but as we know we haven't got any money. And that's what it boils down to. No disrespect to Nico, but it's a tall order.

For me Nico was a wonderful player for us under Buckle and Lingy. I hope it doesn't end up as it did under Hargreaves. Another great player, but maybe wrong time to be a manager.

The board have to wake up and look at the players as well as the manager. If we are to get out of this mess the club need to address what's happening on the pitch. All well and good with the manager, but if the players aren't good enough then we will be relegated some of them just aren't good enough.
Does your very reliable source know that you were intending to come on a message board and state this?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Just back from holiday. What an extraordinary 10 days at Plainmoor even by our standards!

I will be utterly amazed if Kevin Nicholson is appointed Manager.

It must be obvious to anyone with even half a brain that in our situation we need an experienced Manager who not only knows the game inside out but also a man who can get the very best out the players.

Surely Dave Phillips and Steve Breed have been around long enough to know you do not appoint a man you like you appoint the best man you can afford.

A rookie Manager would be a massive gamble.