Barnet v Torquay United - 6/11/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I think a few squad changes may help give those who are not performing the rocket they need to start performing. Wonder if Poke will be OK for saturday. No disrespect to Ricey but I have little confidence of him keeping a clean sheet against an Oxford side who will test him more than Barnet did tonight.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

By the way, where WAS Thommo tonight? What happened to him anyone know?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

austrianandygull wrote:By the way, where WAS Thommo tonight? What happened to him anyone know?

Injured I believe?

Shame if he is because he provides a great threat when he is on form.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Is he likely to be out for Oxford do you know?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Very sensible post andy. I am more depressed at some of the nonsense on here tonight than with what I heard. Sounds like a decent and unfortunate display. If you support a league two team, with limited money, you'll see runs if form like this. In fact, any level you will see runs of form like this. Ive supported the Gulls for 22 years, and whilst Id love us to win every game, I wouldnt still be a fan if I expected it. We'll see more good runs, and we'll see plenty more bad ones, but we are a club in a far better position than at any time I can remember, and a few poor results wont change that.
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MH91 »

If I remember correct last year Barnet outplayed us at Underhill and we managed to win with our only chance...This year it is completely the opposite..I have always thought that this is the way life works. I am obviously very disappointed by the result, but I did not expect us to win tonight anyway. I remember back in the 2009-2010 season ManUtd had 4 meetings with mancity and in 3 of them they scored the winner in injury time. Back then I thought that city would have a revenge one day..and last year they happened to win the title just by goal difference in the last minute of the season. This just comes to prove that we should not feel that bad about the result tonight. The positive thing is that we played attacking and created a lot of chances. A draw would be ok at the Kassam. COYY!!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Kernowgull wrote:Very sensible post andy. I am more depressed at some of the nonsense on here tonight than with what I heard. Sounds like a decent and unfortunate display. If you support a league two team, with limited money, you'll see runs if form like this. In fact, any level you will see runs of form like this. Ive supported the Gulls for 22 years, and whilst Id love us to win every game, I wouldnt still be a fan if I expected it. We'll see more good runs, and we'll see plenty more bad ones, but we are a club in a far better position than at any time I can remember, and a few poor results wont change that.

Are you feeling ok cornish? Do you want me to call an ambulance or summat? ;-) :lol: :bow:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Kernowgull wrote:Very sensible post andy. I am more depressed at some of the nonsense on here tonight than with what I heard. Sounds like a decent and unfortunate display. If you support a league two team, with limited money, you'll see runs if form like this. In fact, any level you will see runs of form like this. Ive supported the Gulls for 22 years, and whilst Id love us to win every game, I wouldnt still be a fan if I expected it. We'll see more good runs, and we'll see plenty more bad ones, but we are a club in a far better position than at any time I can remember, and a few poor results wont change that.
agree with this.
if someone offered me 20 years guaranteed in L2 id take it.
does that make me have no ambition for TUFC?
one look at the conf with all the ex-league teams in it make bad reading..............................
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Like i've ALWAYS said since i've been a member on here, so long as the effort and endeavour is there and we at least look as though we want to win a game of football then regardless of result the manager and the team will ALWAYS get my support. You get games where teams have loads of chances and the other team has one but scores it. It happens all the time so just take this on the chin and move on.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Kernow's short and immensely sensible post puts him in as an early runner for Member of the month. All to often it goes to someone who posts pages of comments, but that comment from him says all that needs to be said. Well done.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

First half performance was jolly good, we looked threatening almost every time we went forward and hopefully, just hopefully Bodin is starting to turn a corner!! Looked lively and was getting plenty of chances but confidence still an issue with him, once he bags a couple i'm sure he'll be on a roll!! Could have been 2-3 up at half time, stonewall penalty on Bodin which was somehow missed and Howe missed a glorious chance when he opted to try and chip the keeper rather than putting his foot through it!!

Second half was just very flat and to be honest i think we probably could have gone all night without scoring!!

Game was ruined by the utter muppet in the middle, how he's officiating professional football is beyond me, even Sunday league looks beyond his reach!!

Lingy's def gunna have to mix things up, and now Howes out it should give others a chance. Totally agree with Andy in giving Yeoman a chance, Ling obviously sees something within him to keep him here!!

Probably going to get berated saying this as well, but if Poke is out, i for one will fully support Ricey! Just summin about him, he didn't have much to do when he came on but his kicking looks better and i think on the whole, he looks quite confident!!
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Kernowgull »

Im feeling fine andy, I thoroughly enjoy and agree with a lot (ok, maybe a few) of your posts, and at least when I dont, I can see that you have thought through what youve written.

What I cant stand is people who only comment when we're lost. There is no way that you can expect your opinion to be taken seriously when it is always negative, and if people only do it to get a reaction, I really think they need to fill their lives with something more meaningful!

I may change my mind if they play poorly at York though,what with the 300 quid its going to cost me (having to take the missus to York for weekend in order to get permission to go!!)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Kernowgull wrote:Im feeling fine andy, I thoroughly enjoy and agree with a lot (ok, maybe a few) of your posts, and at least when I dont, I can see that you have thought through what youve written.

What I cant stand is people who only comment when we're lost. There is no way that you can expect your opinion to be taken seriously when it is always negative, and if people only do it to get a reaction, I really think they need to fill their lives with something more meaningful!

I may change my mind if they play poorly at York though,what with the 300 quid its going to cost me (having to take the missus to York for weekend in order to get permission to go!!)

All good stuff mate. York was my stomping ground so if you need any advice of where to go or owt then please do ask ( or wait for the matchday thread which i'll apologise for in advance because it's gonna be LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG! ) :nod:
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

Kernowgull wrote:What I cant stand is people who only comment when we're lost. There is no way that you can expect your opinion to be taken seriously when it is always negative, and if people only do it to get a reaction, I really think they need to fill their lives with something more meaningful!
To be honest kernow i dont think people do take them too seriously, people on here do react due to how stupid/negative certain peoples comments are!! We can all name em all...
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

The problem is the same as last year and it won't ever change until something actually gets done about it.

Other than Howe our forward players are absolutely shocking. you can't rely on one person to score all the goals and until we bring in better technical players or easier better forward options we will continue to struggle to score any goals.

it really isn't rocket science. Our forwards as a group were crap last year and they are worse this year.