Torquay United v Chesterfield - 16/11/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

SQUIRRELL!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Seriously though, what is it with Knill and subs? Chesterfield brought on Marc Richards before we brought anyone on and we were 2 down! Even the Peak FM radio commentators couldn't quite fathom why he took so long to make changes. It wouldn't be so bad if Knill could at least try and rectify things , a second chance if you like by injecting a bit of extra urgency and freshness on the pitch but he even fails at that! It is

COMMON SENSE

and

NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

so why can't Knill ever make appropriate substitutions?

Because he isn't very good.

Nick, totally agree with your post and it is a fair and just assessment of just where we are at the minute. :-D

We hardly had any shots at Bury either teignmouth, we scored our 3rd on the break when they were totally shagged in atrocious conditons going for the equaliser then soon after McCourt had a good shot against the post. That was it. At Wycombe a similar story, Azeez sneaked in for our first and the second came from a corner. Nothing created. At Burton we were simply embarrassing and i can't recall a shot of any note and so on. That is the worry, that there is no gelling, no cohesiveness, no gameplan, no tactics and no desire.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MH91 »

If it was just rocket scientist..there would not be any rockets in space. People should ackowledge and be more grateful of the influence of the rocket engineers. If it was not for them everything would be just theory. They are the ones doing the hard work...
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Just got in. I said it weeks ago this is a relegation team, you better believe it, it definitely is.

Knill must go now, judgement appalling. All the loanees can go back. McCallum, useless, can't jump, wins no headers. Macourt, might be a young lad, not league 2 level, nowhere near. Mozika, has nothing at all. If anyone thinks any of these are better than Lathrope your crazy!

Hawley should never put a Torquay shirt on again, conference south level at best. We had a pair of so called strikers today who must be one of the worst pair we have ever had. And I've seen allot of em I can tell you.

Thread about the worst players, few playing today could get in the top 10 easily.

The team is a shambles, I for one am not going again until Knill is replaced. £21 no I'm not paying it for that.

And to top it all, little passion, and absolutely 0 creativity.

The first 14 mins was just about acceptable, the rest totally appalling rubbish!
TUST MEMBER
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Spot on Neal, and weve seen some shite over the years. This is a new all time low.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

MH91 wrote:If it was just rocket scientist..there would not be any rockets in space. People should ackowledge and be more grateful of the influence of the rocket engineers. If it was not for them everything would be just theory. They are the ones doing the hard work...

:clap:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

It is hard to fathom how it could possibly get much worse than what was on show today. The only saving grace (and it is minimal) is that we didn't get the absolute shellacking that looked on the cards when Chesterfield made it 2-0 after 20 minutes with all the ease in the world.

I agree with Nick, this is the worst football I have ever seen from a TUFC team, it is hopeless. I could not get my head around the team selection and feared the worst immediately, whatever the thinking, whatever the gameplan (if we even had one) it did not work. Their keeper had nothing to do apart from fielding a rather harmless (if spectacular) Craig effort from distance. The entire ground rose to applaud that moment like we had just sealed promotion, that sums it all up.

We simply have nothing to offer, there is no creativity there- we barely got in behind their backline all game and when we did the final delivery was appalling. Simple passes went astray, or to nowhere, some players jumping out of the way of 50/50 balls, there were countless mistakes all over pitch.

Chesterfield did not have to work hard for their 2-0 lead- it was handed to them, neither did they have to work hard to maintain it, they had extra gears if needed however they weren't sufficiently tested so toyed with us and toyed with us and will probably feel a bit aggrieved that they did not add to their tally.

I do not blame the players, I think by and large we have to 'stay with them' It is not their fault that they are playing for a man devoid of inspiration, motivation, innovation and direction. There is such little togetherness and solidarity between the players, each player looks one step away from self destruction, I hate to use cliché's but this is truly a team of strangers playing in a system devoid of shape, purpose and team spirit. It is demoralising to watch, this dispassion translates to the terraces, all of whom look on bored, going through the motions.

The last 5 home games 0-3 vs York, 0-0 Mansfield, 1-1 Pompey, 0-2 Rochdale, 0-2 Chesterfield. I can not remember being so bored at so many football matches on the spin.

I honestly can not see where the next points are coming from, I just can not get to grips with this manager's methodologies. I can not see his long term plan, his sustainable future for TUFC, all I see are stop gap signings and bringing in players like for like, I see no cleverness or no innovation. There simply has not been any development. The buck stops with the manager, the writing is on the wall, in fluorescent marking in this case, we are a poor football team, our crowds are nosediving. Not only are we in trouble of undoing all the good work that has gone on at the club in the last 5 years off the pitch, but the possibility of losing our league status is becoming more realistic by the week.
Last edited by bengull on 16 Nov 2013, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Ben, that is possibly the best post I've read in 8 years when back then i just read a better one. :rofl:

No in all seriousness mate, it is. You have encapsulated most of what i feel but phrased it in a more reasoned manner. I'd like to do that but just end up ranting in the end. First class post Ben and totally agree. I'm just sorry you had to be there to watch it.

I trust i will see you up at Accy to try and give the players some vocal support up there yes?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Just thought about posting Chris Hargreaves to come in and the commos say it
why do posters on here have a love in with Hargreaves?

no management experience etc.

if knill should go, then hargreaves is the last person we need.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Thank you Andy, See you at Accrington mate. Bring a newspaper, you will enjoy it more.
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MH91 »

Buckle was inexperienced as well but it turned out really well..also Hargreaves would be a good choice from financial point of view and may be willing to work for no money...as we are currently lacking money this would be very good. The bottom line is, that we need a change..any sort of change..
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I might have access to a large stuffed soft toy squirrel. Shall i bring that or do you think it's a bit harsh? :lol:

We could chuck it about a bit for a little infantile entertainment to numb the pain? :)

We need a drum for Accy i reckon...............
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

MH91 wrote:Buckle was inexperienced as well but it turned out really well..also Hargreaves would be a good choice from financial point of view and may be willing to work for no money...as we are currently lacking money this would be very good. The bottom line is, that we need a change..any sort of change..
not as much as tarzan.

the bottom line is we need to stay in the football league. we would not achieve that with him in charge.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

That is enough now. We are going down with this man in charge. He has to go, preferably tonight.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I agree he should go tonite, on a relevant topic, I think Knill is on 2 year contract? Why? We should only ever give 1 year. Now, I'm sure some will say we won't get the quality then, well we haven't got it now.
TUST MEMBER