Squad 2024/25

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

2 or 3 Signings to be Introduced tonight at the Pricess Theatre.

Any news on Dean Moxey decision?
General Falisimo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by General Falisimo »

It does piss me off when players (Moxey) take so bloody long to consider their position. Should he stay, it seems like he's saying: well no bugger else wanted me so you lot will have to do!

The longest one I can remember is Rene Howe, which seemed to go on throughout the entire summer before he sodded off.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

We don't know that Moxey hasn't already signed and the club have held off announcing it for some reason (potentially to announce this evening)

Also, why should footballers have to make quick decisions and not explore the other options that are out there for them? We have no way of knowing what offer Moxey has been made (it could be a 50% pay cut for all we know) or what his personal circumstances are. Some fans need to realise that these are people as well as footballers, and they should be allowed to make decisions about jobs in the same way I may decide to change my employment for any number of reasons.
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

leetufc wrote: 28 Jun 2024, 14:39 We don't know that Moxey hasn't already signed and the club have held off announcing it for some reason (potentially to announce this evening) :goodpost:

Also, why should footballers have to make quick decisions and not explore the other options that are out there for them? We have no way of knowing what offer Moxey has been made (it could be a 50% pay cut for all we know) or what his personal circumstances are. Some fans need to realise that these are people as well as footballers, and they should be allowed to make decisions about jobs in the same way I may decide to change my employment for any number of reasons.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

First days training over. Interesting that there's no Seale Hayne now and it's all training on 3G
at South Devon College. They are obviously confident about the surface not causing any injuries, maybe it was the type of training last season that caused many injuries, see how it goes this year.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Some training will be done on Buckland's pitch as well.
Seale Lane obviously still needed more investment and didn’t belong to us.
Moxey may have wanted a Player/coach role as his playing career winds down, although he certainly still seems to have another year at this level in him.
General Falisimo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by General Falisimo »

leetufc wrote: 28 Jun 2024, 14:39 We don't know that Moxey hasn't already signed and the club have held off announcing it for some reason (potentially to announce this evening)

Please tell me you're joking about Moxey being one of the players being revealed tonight, offer him a new contract yes, (reduced or not) but I doubt it will be higher than the one he was previously on.

Yeah, let Moxey take as long as he wants in signing, it means we can't seriously look at any other players until that happens, but after all it seems that he's human.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Dan Hayfield and Jordan Dyer from Bath City both announced tonight and confirmed that Dean Moxey has agreed a new deal.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

Moxey player coach role on a one year deal.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

Very encouraging squad building up. Is that now 16 on the books already? 5 loans available not tapped into yet as well.

If we want to do well in league and have cup runs this is kind of squad depth you'd hope to see at this stage. Hats off to everyone involved on the amazing progress and feel good factor so far!
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

PW spotted these players last season and never had the chance to bring them in. Younger fitter keen players with a manager with fresh ideas works for me after last few years. Don’t forget how many part time plumbers and teachers played us off the park last season.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

I’m assuming Tomlinson isn’t staying on then, was he offered a new deal?
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

Admiral wrote: Yesterday, 07:56 I’m assuming Tomlinson isn’t staying on then, was he offered a new deal?
Tomlinson, Moxey and Ash were the only players from last season offered new deals, which gives you some idea what Wotton thought of the side.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Wonder why Tomlinson has not signed. Perhaps he hopes to get an offer elsewhere but, given his travails at the back last season, I'd have thought he would have taken the 'bird in the hand'.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Tomlinson was sat with the squad at the Princes theatre during Neil Warnocks show