Torquay United v Chesterfield - 19/3/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Movin On up....

Labadie and Chapell making the difference for us, long may it continue, massive win, if we get 3 points Saturday i think we'll be ok....maybe
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Everyone played immense tonight, especially Oastler; he made some extremely important blocks and tackles. Thought Labadie was outstanding though, top, top player.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

What a relief!!! When I watched United over Christmas I thought we were 2 players, the right ones of course,short of a decent team. Ladabie,3 goals in 4 games and Chapell seem to be proving that all is not bad at Plainmoor.

Just shows how VERY important a good Manager is if you are in trouble.

York game massive. If the good people of Torquay really want a League team they must turn up on Saturday. Dare we expect 3,000.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Only thing that's annoyed me tonight is that it would have been a much larger scoreline for us had the officials actually been half decent. 2 dubious offside goals from Rene and Manse and a yellow card at every chance for our players.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Well done lads great victory, dug deep and defended superbly. Every player, excellent. Well done Mcdonald, i thought you were excellent tonight.

Officials performances was interesting. Linesman pop side just gave everything as OFFSIDE. Dreadful.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

OllieGull wrote:Only thing that's annoyed me tonight is that it would have been a much larger scoreline for us had the officials actually been half decent. 2 dubious offside goals from Rene and Manse and a yellow card at every chance for our players.
Not a shock - the ref was booted off the Premier league roll of honour for being crap - hence why he is now refereeing "dross" like League Two.

I said it before - if you can't cut it at the top you should be sacked, not pushed down the league to inflict your crap "skills" on us. :@

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Made to the game after the lad was not passed fit to return to training, and boy I am glad I did, fantastic from Torquay. Self belief, confidence restored, every player full of effort you can not ask for any more than that, other than the 3pts of course.

Cruise was fantastic, what a ball for the first goal, Oastler much improve well done Joe, Ladabie and Chapell make a big difference. Only down side for me was the the ref and lino on the popside, what a pair of complete cocks.

Oh forgot special mention for the fans, great positive support keep it up, that is waht our players need at home. COYY :scarf:
Formerly known as forevertufc
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

I'll be down for Saturday ForeverDave! :scarf: :scarf:
Oblivion!!!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

oxgull wrote:I'll be down for Saturday ForeverDave! :scarf: :scarf:
No worries mate, see you in B+L will be there a bit later Saturday than norm around 2pm ish :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Also i think we should give a mention to Angus MacDonald who has done really well in difficult circumstances and will probably find himself on the bench come saturday (although given Knills selections there is a chance he might stay in the side! ). I think he has played his part in 2 massive results for us and deserves a mention.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Ok Dave, just don't let on if you see anyone as it' a secret mission! Nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat. ;-)
Oblivion!!!!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

OllieGull wrote:Everyone played immense tonight, especially Oastler; he made some extremely important blocks and tackles. Thought Labadie was outstanding though, top, top player.
player of the season?? :}

and well done joe! :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I've just realised i've made over 5000 posts. Crikey. Who said that i didn't have a life? They might be right after all. :-/

Has anyone EVER made that many posts or am i the first? Jesus.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Right, so that's our first win in ages under our belt - now, whatever you did today repeat that on Saturday (superstitious? Me? Noooo....)

COYY!!!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Lovely performance, especially against 13 men. Popside lino utterly useless, Chesterfield want to put him on their Christmas card list, it would have been embarrassing for the Spirites had it not been for the officials.

Everyone in yellow excellent, Benyon ran a hundred miles, Rene had one of his best games despite being constantly cheated by the officials. Jarvis is no winger but did as well as he could. Ladderz is a great player as is the other fresh fish. Manse did the same as Benners, and Cruise was the man that some of us have been talking about for 9 months now.

The crowd (despite turning up knowing we were going to lose :whistle: ) were in excellent voice.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"