Club Ownership

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Nine (the non-German way of spelling it and it's meaning!)

Added in 56 minutes 53 seconds:
In the hope that the link is not changed again (which seems very petty and trivial considering we are supposed to ONE fanbase which now need to unite more than ever if we want a club left to support) below is a link to a similar thread on BTPIR. In fairness those who post have far more insight as to what is going on at the club and I think it would be a good idea for all supporters to be more well informed than they currently are.

People have been crying because of the lack of information and registering and reading the posts on this forum will provide more than is currently being discussed on here.
(*I would like to stipulate at this point that I like interacting on both forums and I do not care about the differences between people who post on them - I care about my club)

http://thelondonlabia.proboards.com/thr ... ip?page=15

Warning - the latest's posts do not make for comfortable reading
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Ten.

Surely we're due something by now, even if it's a nothing statement
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Post by RoadGull »

It would appear that some clubs can change owners smoothly enough!

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/5427/new-ow ... -gateshead
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

RoadGull wrote:It would appear that some clubs can change owners smoothly enough!

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/5427/new-ow ... -gateshead
I doubt that Gateshead have pi$$ed millions up against the wall on managers that can't manage, players that can't play or a training pitch that can't be used though.
Markh84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by Markh84 »

teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

Well that is good news ain't it steve breed
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

gullintwoplaces wrote: I doubt that Gateshead have pi$$ed millions up against the wall on managers that can't manage, players that can't play or a training pitch that can't be used though.

:goodpost:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Good news indeed. That's one hurdle crossed. Now we have to hold our breath that Deano's consortium will be able to put together the necessary bid for club ownership. If not, it'll be intersting to learn the background of the other two bidders and their credentials
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

tomogull wrote:
Good news indeed. That's one hurdle crossed. Now we have to hold our breath that Deano's consortium will be able to put together the necessary bid for club ownership. If not, it'll be intersting to learn the background of the other two bidders and their credentials
Yes, if they exist.....I've been thinking that they might actually be 'spin'...so much of that has come our way.......but then , I'm just getting more cynical in my long-suffering supporter years maybe !!! :(
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

When you lodge money like that and say you go bust or for this example the takeover doesn't happen, what happens to the money, I guess you lose it?

Added in 19 minutes 4 seconds:
Another question. The consortium have lodged this money which is great.

But in the HE Philips says:

"Edwards' consortium were set an 'exclusivity' deadline of last Thursday by Phillips – but are yet to lodge the required amount of money in Torquay United's bank account to give them control of the club."

WHY?

The club as I understand it is basically bankrupt. Thea has basically given her shares away. The current directors I guess then want paying for their shares. Mmmmmmm.... but the shares are worthless are they not, if the club is in dire straights as we have been lead to believe.

I eould guess and it is guessing that the next few months where there is basically no income that any potential buyer needs cash to cover the period before the season starts. I just cannot see how there needs to be any money paid for the club.
TUST MEMBER
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

It is really poor that the fans, the backbone of the club in the end, are given no real information at all. The small board promised to be communicative but they have chosen only to comment only when they have what they perceive as any good news. That in effect is the way the Communists behaved- manipulative news releases. If they are to get supporters on side Bill Phillips has to do what he said he would do and treat us as adults.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

somersetgull wrote:So lets start. You gotta pay for the goal posts, corner flags, the kit, footballs, office computers, printers, even the pens in the cup oard. Club shop stock, even the crisps behind the bar. Someone brought them, want there money back they own it. The hidden costs again. Your not just buying the name. Your buying the whole contents.

Added in 12 minutes 40 seconds:
The ovens, frying pans, table cloths, knifes forks spoons, plates, food in restaurant freezer. That's called assets if club dies all auctioned off to pay debts. A football club is not 3-5pm every Saturday.

:goodpost:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

somersetgull wrote:So lets start. You gotta pay for the goal posts, corner flags, the kit, footballs, office computers, printers, even the pens in the cup oard. Club shop stock, even the crisps behind the bar. Someone brought them, want there money back they own it. The hidden costs again. Your not just buying the name. Your buying the whole contents.

Added in 12 minutes 40 seconds:
The ovens, frying pans, table cloths, knifes forks spoons, plates, food in restaurant freezer. That's called assets if club dies all auctioned off to pay debts. A football club is not 3-5pm every Saturday.
Apart from the "club shop" which, unless it's changed again, is a franchise. Spot on apart from that though :whistle:
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Not a lot then.

Crisps, pens, knives and forks, table cloths, gee ok if that were all bankrupt stock £100 please. Goal posts and corner flags ok four grand. Jeez none of that gonna break the bank. Put it this way, it aint gonna be 100's of thousands is it. If that's all you can think of. Computers bet they aint top of the range Imac's. Put it this way I cant see it being more than 20k.
TUST MEMBER
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Protest yes but inside the ground. Show them it matters and make the atmosphere vitriolic
TUST number 080