Torquay United V Bristol Rovers 27th April 2013

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Well done team - sounds like a real fighting performance to pull back twice even if it was disappointing to concede the equaliser in added time.

Well done and a heartfelt thank you to Alan Knill and Chris Brass - be under no illusion, without them we would have gone down.

Well done Elliott Benyon for proving the doubters wrong. We can score goals without Howe!

Well done to all who attended - 5,600 - must have been some atmosphere, wish I could have been there but all being well I should complete my Coast to Coast trail challenge tomorrow!

Lets put this sorry season behind us and look forward to the future - we have so much going for us and now we (or rather the Board) only have to make the right decision about the future management team. Please - look forward, not back!

Renewing my season ticket on Momday!

Happy days!!!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Player of the season: Aaron Downes
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Chris B wrote:Player of the season: Aaron Downes
Thats him leaving in the summer then, much like Branston, Akinfenwa et al before him.............
Last edited by Jeff on 27 Apr 2013, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Chris B wrote:Player of the season: Aaron Downes

well done to him. :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Today is a good day for the rosetinters.

Where's chunk? Need to gloat ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
DonnyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Halstead

Post by DonnyGull »

I thought the stress of today was bad for me in supporting Torquay, in their successful bid to escape the drop.

My lad - supporting his local team Donny Rovers, has just experienced the highs and lows of football. Penalty to Brentford 90 mins + 4 (son almost in tears). Brentford miss penalty, Doncaster break and score (Coppinger - ex Exeter City) League One Champions. Lows to Highs in 20 seconds. Now dancing around the living room.

Stuff the Premier League - that's what supporting your local team is all about! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

so looking forward to next season in the footy league, in our stripy kit!
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Just got in. Excellent entertainment but didn't look good at one stage.

All their goals were soft, and due to our mistakes.

Ref was awful, ref blew for time while near the tunnel and actually made a very quick exit. He got a lot of abuse from the pop side.
TUST MEMBER
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Neal wrote:Ref was awful, ref blew for time while near the tunnel and actually made a very quick exit. He got a lot of abuse from the pop side.
We all knew what we were up against as soon as his name was out there. His dramatic exit was hilarious. Never before have I seen a referee blow his whistle while sprinting for the tunnel. He was halfway up the M5 by the time Downes got his trophy.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

WE DID IT!!! :bow: :clap: :scarf:

Where is Alan Knill? Someone buy that man a drink!

He has put right the wrongs of this season and i owe the man a huge debt of gratitude. I am so happy right now which makes a change and i'm even happier for you lot out there who kept the faith as today will feel all the more sweeter and you deserve it.

It's not been pretty, we've been unlucky and then lucky but no matter...WE DID IT and we are a league two club once more and with sh*tloads of northern clubs to play next season! Roll on August!

Immensely proud of everyone connected with the club today and as from now let's concentrate on the future and try and forget all this season has brought upon us. It's all over folks.

:scarf:

COYY!!!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

Welcome back Andy, great relief ah ! Didn't think that the excitement would be at the wrong end of the table...As fans we didn't really deserve it
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Robiberto22 wrote:so looking forward to next season in the footy league, in our stripy kit!
:slap:
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Well done to the team, never say die spirit and 100% effort. I was on the edge of my chair for much of the game, only calming down when I heard how the Cobblers were at last performing up to the expectations of their League position against Barnet. Most of the team played out of their skins today, nerves when defending let them down a little though.

Darren Deadman showed again what a dreadful referee he is. I also was gobsmacked at his dash for the tunnel, I guess he can't take it when fans explain what they think of him.

Thanks to Alan Knill, Chris Brass and the players for today, I was proud to be a Gulls fan.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Based solely on today, we have to try and keep Benyon, Yeoman and Jarvis. All three were excellent. Jarvis' own goal would have been hilarious if it wasnt so crucial at the time! The ref was ridiculous, and I think he was actually off the pitch by the time he finished whistling for full time. He should not be a football league ref next season.

Entertaining game, we lack some quality, and I think Cruise will be first choice lb next year, if he stays.

Good atmosphere, although the singers moved to the away end I think, which was a shame, as it doesnt work in getting the rest of the ground going.

Alas, we made it. Cant believe the seasons over, it feels much toi early. Role on August, we are a few good passers and an attacking mindset away from being top half pushing play offs next season
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

(8) "you are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so dont take my torquay away" (8)

(everybody) (8) "la la la la la, la la la la la," (8)

well thats, that, finally! dont know what all the fuss was about really, i never thought we were in any danger of going down. :whistle:

seriously though, the inquest must start quickly. even today when their football careers depended on it there were some amatuerish players doing bloody amatuerish things.

some really poor decision making and 3 really sh!t goals conceded.if we didnt play hoofball/football tennis for most of the match we would have won that game.there was a lot of battling and effort on display, no doubt about that but sorry most of that squad have got to go.

rovers werent that good really. mind you how bloody annoying is it they had sod all to play for and the team and the fans were well up for it.if they showed that sort of passion earlier in the season they may have finished top 7. indeed the way they were when they made it 3-3 you would have thought they had won the fa cup.

the ref didnt help though, needless bookings, was it a rovers pen, why didnt benyon get 1 first half, where did he get 5 mins injury time from, what a d!ck. hence the hasty exit, he seemed to be halfway down the tunnel before he even blew his whistle. :no:

still we stayed up, thats the main thing, :) all we can say now is - never again. (where have i heard that before). :}
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).