Torquay United V Bristol Rovers 27th April 2013

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

I was recording the final whistle and as I watch it back it's hilarious watching Deadman run for the tunnel then blow his whistle and disappear within an instant.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

deadman is a bloody useless excuse of a ref, he should be reffing at easterfield lane, complete and utter useless piece of s--t
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

OllieGull wrote:I was recording the final whistle and as I watch it back it's hilarious watching Deadman run for the tunnel then blow his whistle and disappear within an instant.
Any chance you can share this on YouTube?!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Conratulations and a big debt of gratitude to Alan Knill - never shirked and picked an incredibly brave attacking line up today and it paid off. Well done Elliott Benyon - a player who has run his bollocks off for this club in the last two months and he is not even our player.
You have proved all the doubters wrong. You are a football league standard player and a bloody good one at that.
Gutted that I could not be there today but an immense relief that we stayed up.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

brucie wrote:Conratulations and a big debt of gratitude to Alan Knill - never shirked and picked an incredibly brave attacking line up today and it paid off. Well done Elliott Benyon - a player who has run his bollocks off for this club in the last two months and he is not even our player.
You have proved all the doubters wrong. You are a football league standard player and a bloody good one at that.
Gutted that I could not be there today but an immense relief that we stayed up.
My view as well Terry.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Benyon and Yeoman up front next season please!

Deadman running off at the whistle not waiting for his linesman - hilarious!
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

The player of the season award was a lovely affair because the children of the players came onto the pitch and they were sooooo cute. It was very good to be able to applaud all the players and Simon Baker made sure Alan Knill received a huge cheer of thanks.
DTUFC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by DTUFC »

How fitting that the game that secured our League status was as ridiculous and stressful as the whole season. All of Rovers' goals came from stupid mistakes, and we made it hard for ourselves. I could never have seen us scoring three times, especially without Howe, but fair play to Benyon and then Jarvis.

Thought ref was bearable first half because he gave nothing to either team, but for some reason he seemed to turn into a complete tw*t during half-time. Some awful decisions and his bizarre 100m dash at the end, blowing his whistle as he legged it down the tunnel, just summed it up. Hope OllieGull got a good view of it in his video!
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

What a totally bonkers and breathless game that was...it had absolutely everything that's for sure.

Thought we were decent but lacking in cutting edge in the first half, and it took for defensive lapse no. 1 for Rovers to score (Lathrope giving the ball away on the edge of the box and Pokey getting lobbed).

Then in the second half, we look more dangerous, equalise through Benyon and it's all smiles, only for Rovers to go down the other end, win a very soft free kick and Jarvis inexplicably head it past Poke. Then Rovers win a very soft penalty (there's a pattern developing here), and Poke steps up to the plate to make the save. It was a very poor penalty in fairness, but if it'd gone in it would've been all over.

Jarvis then atoned for his error with a close finish to level the scores, before Benyon sparked scenes of jubilation I've rarely seen the like of at Plainmoor. Harrold's equaliser was a bit irrelevant as by that time we knew we were safe whatever happened.

Truly a crazy 90 minutes, with some catastrophic defending at times (from both sides), but who cares! WE ARE STAYING UP! (I never thought I'd be saying that after witnessing the defeat away at Aldershot).

Atmosphere was electric. Deadman was a gurning plank (no change there), but did provide a moment of pure comedy by sprinting off the pitch whilst blowing for full time.

To the board. Please sign a). Elliot Benyon (who was just a joy to watch today, and has worked so hard since coming in) and, more importantly.

b). Alan Knill and Chris Brass.

P.S. how fitting that, in this insane season, we finish with one final farce...waiting for 15 minutes after the game finished to do the awards. 3/4 of the ground got fed up of waiting and cleared off.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Maybe Mr Deadman just REALLY needed a pee?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

yellowsmiffy wrote:Delighted, absolutely love knowing that we are safe!! Poor game in football terms, but had everything really and was fantastic entertainment, even though Deadman tried to throw it as per usual.

The first goal for Rovers should never have stood. Our defender had shirt pulled so so blatently, before the ball was flicked towards the bloke who scored the lob. I was livid. To see Deadman give one of the softest penalties that I've ever seen at Plainmoor got be truly incensed, the bloke is just a prize tw*t to be honest, and shouldn't be refereeing simple as that. Hate him, and he always ruins the game.

Benyon was fantastic. I criticised him heavily during his first 6 games, but as his fitness has returned, he's completely proved me wrong. He more than makes up for his lack of quality in his running and positioning. WOW, literally Elliot didn't stop running today. I was so impressed. On a warm day, he just kept chasing everything. Really fantastic contribution, and 2 good goals. I take back what I said, he can cut it at this level, and I'd like to have him back. He's as good as a club like us will realistically find, and he loves the club. Top lad.

Rovers fans also got me incensed for the first time in years, and I couldn't help but get wound up by their pathetic behaviour.
His what? That's a really unfortunate way to try and praise a player!

He has quality - he works hard and he knows where the goal is. Just the qualities you want from a striker really.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Did that ref. really stop the game for a head injury when Poke had the ball in the first half, only then run half the length of the pitch, take the ball off Poke, then drop the ball because he'd stopped the game, for Poke to pick it up again without a player of any flavour within half a mile?

Or did I dream that?

Best goal of the game Benyons first,,,, quality !!!
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

He really did. And what way to end the game.
TUST number 080
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

OllieGull wrote:I was recording the final whistle and as I watch it back it's hilarious watching Deadman run for the tunnel then blow his whistle and disappear within an instant.
youtube is waiting! haha
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

cambgull wrote:Maybe Mr Deadman just REALLY needed a pee?

:lol: