Portsmouth v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:If you like experiencing days like that then perhaps Man City might be more your thing?
You know what, I've never thought of that. Silly me for spending over half of my life travelling all over the country spending thousands of pounds, to follow this team, when all along I could have been having more fun watching Man City.

Thanks for the heads up, just going to get some tickets for the next game at the Etihad. Someone remind me to stock up on prawn sandwiches please.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Richinns wrote:This is not a cock measuring thing.
Well thank the lord for that - I'm definately a "grower" and not a "shower"

:-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Andy, I think the point that Nick was making was that if you were at Pompey you'd be in no doubt how well this chant could take off. I practically sang it for 15 minutes non-stop and it got going time and again much to the annoyance of the Skates closest to us. I bet it's been a while since they were outdone at home by the away support.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

A Candy wrote:We can play it, its up to you guys to sing it. If it works we can keep it going but "Club Anthems" never please everyone because of different age groups, likes and dislikes etc. I can confirm that Neil Dymond ( sorry DiamondGirl) has left the building and taken Sweet Caroline with him!
:bow:
The original taunton_gull!!!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Andy the infrequency of your posts is more than compensated for by the charm of their verbosity.. As for the singing and run-out music, the rest of you will, I'm sure, come out with something to impress, but I'm progressing inexorably through middle-age and sometimes feel as if I am indeed about to enter God's waiting room, so for me it has to be 'Nearer My God to Thee'..
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Did I imagine it, or did I just read a long post of Andy's which has now disappeared..?? :|
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Scott Brehaut wrote:
:-D
Well thank the lord for that - I'm definately a "grower" and not a "shower"
OMG :O
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

diamondgirl wrote:[
You can go off people, you know Dave. :na:[/quote]

daves being trying to achieve that with you for ages christine....

some people cant take a hint...................
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

freakydeaky
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: don mills

Post by freakydeaky »

Regarding music to be played at Plainmoor it is good to read a lot of positive posts for a change.
" Hey Jude" has certainly hit the spot and it's good to see "SC" kicked into touch. Andrew says that "HJ" is not a contender for the run out song so may I suggest another [instrumental] from the same era. Please check out on youtube a track called " Torquay" by the Fireballs. It's short and snappy and should get everyone in the right frame of mind before the game starts.

We would be, I think, the only club in the UK [ maybe the whole world!] with a commercialy published tune bearing our teams name. Chris Hargreaves has asked that Plainmoor should be rocking. This would help.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

freakydeaky wrote:Regarding music to be played at Plainmoor it is good to read a lot of positive posts for a change.
" Hey Jude" has certainly hit the spot and it's good to see "SC" kicked into touch. Andrew says that "HJ" is not a contender for the run out song so may I suggest another [instrumental] from the same era. Please check out on youtube a track called " Torquay" by the Fireballs. It's short and snappy and should get everyone in the right frame of mind before the game starts.

We would be, I think, the only club in the UK [ maybe the whole world!] with a commercialy published tune bearing our teams name. Chris Hargreaves has asked that Plainmoor should be rocking. This would help.
No

*Edit. It's neither short nor snappy and would only achieve making Plainmoor even more sleepy!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Well I scrolled back through half a dozen pages of this thread hoping that a football game was going to break out but .... nothing! ;-)
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Surely the best chants/songs are those that happen spontaneously, not as the result of endlessly debating on an Internet forum. Seems to me we've been given a chant that will be associated with a great day, we should use it.
TUST number 080
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

A word about that hotel flooding which I forgot to mention: after such a disruption to their sleep the night before such a vital game, for the Gulls to go out and produce a win like that is nothing short of astounding, and we should all be rightly very proud of them.

It only needs them all to be woken out of their beds next Friday night for them to bash Bury 5-0 on Saturday. Certainly we should all be there at Plainmoor shouting ourselves hoarse to see them do it..

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

As we are just below the surface of survival, just below the relegation line, a song of old is bang on for playing . . . . . .
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

A Candy wrote:We can play it, its up to you guys to sing it. If it works we can keep it going but "Club Anthems" never please everyone because of different age groups, likes and dislikes etc. I can confirm that Neil Dymond ( sorry DiamondGirl) has left the building and taken Sweet Caroline with him!

The Derek Dawkins song ("Hey Dude") is not the Beatles song to get the home crowd going. It's a Beatles song from a few a years earlier . . .

(8) WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE (8) . . . . . . . .

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"