Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
mersebtpir

Post by mersebtpir »

moldroadred wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 10:32 Best of luck next season but as York City found out every team in the NLS will see you as THE scalp. Sorry to take up time on your board.
ddim o gwbl; lwc dda y tymor nesaf! :-D
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

The days are counting down to the first PSF fixture and the return to pre-season training. Presumably there's plenty going on behind the scenes regarding player recruitment!
National South fixtures are likely to be announced on Wednesday July 4.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

York don't play in the NLS though.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

nickbrod wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 12:27 Presumably there's plenty going on behind the scenes regarding player recruitment!
One would hope so. I thought the timescale for those players offered renewable contracts had expired, so surprised we have heard nothing. Do you think Owers has extended the timescale for them to make their decision because he now finds himself 'up the creek without a paddle' on the recruitment front. Or will we all be pleasantly surprised that Owers has lined up new recruits who are not just your ordinary "bog average non league footballer" like Luke Young has been described but lean, mean, running machines with speed, strength, stamina and agility and the football prowess for us to bounce back on the first attempt.

Gary has told us 'recruitment is king' so I am drooling with excited antisipation on him unveiling our new squad of successful and accomplished players whose skill and talent will be so feared by others in the NLS that our games will already have been won psychologically in the tunnel.

So Gary 'I know what it takes' Owers, in you we trust.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 04 Jun 2018, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Quite so.

Whoops. Just wet myself with the excitement.
TUST member 200 ;-)
Nathan Strong
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Vincent Dorel

Post by Nathan Strong »

Its not looking great but we just have to be patient I guess, even though we have been for a while but there is not allot we can do regarding bringing anyone in so we have to take Gary's word when he says "recruitment is king" but the only way we are gonna find out if it all worked out in the end and Gazza worked his magic is at the end of the transfer window :/ but at the moment its looking bleak with just Bobson Bawling, a player with a long dark history being plagued with numerous injuries thrown into a very thin squad at the moment. But I am not going to judge until we kick off the season and see where it goes from there, COYY
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Owers said all the right things upon relegation and before the season ended with regards to bouncing back, revealing he'd even been scouting players already. The tumbleweed currently blowing through Plainmoor indicates to me that it was yet another smokescreen to distract from the real problem.

Gary Owers.

He's either identified loads of suitable players and they've all fallen through which now means a scramble for any old shite just to assemble a squad of players OR he's no idea who he wants to bring in and has never had any idea which results in the same outcome. A scramble to assemble any sort of squad. Whether it's up to being competitive or not when he actually does assemble one is anyone's guess and we'll know as soon as some players are actually signed.

Be interesting to hear from Merse how the predicted leading lights of NLS are getting on with their recruitment in comparison. Are they also low key or really going for it? Perhaps they too are keeping things low key and i've misinterpreted the situation. Which wouldn't be a first tbh.

Personally though, if i'd been the man who had taken Torquay down to the NLS with a whimper last season, i'd be out there banging the drum, keeping a regular high profile, garnering support and bringing in suitable players asap so that i could try and prove to fans that i really mean business. I wouldn't be claiming that i'd been looking weeks before the season ended and that the club are going to bounce back then just bring in Bobson bloody Bawling in the space of about 2 months.

He's either got some serious aces up his sleeve that he wants to keep quiet about until the ink is dry OR he's desperately looking around the cesspool of serial bottlers and footballing dropouts who may have played league football once upon a time as a claim that they somehow 'can do a job' and chuck a few quid at them last minute. Resulting in another lesson unlearned and another basement battle.

In Owers we trust indeed. In Osborne we trust and in Owers we trust.
mersebtpir

Post by mersebtpir »

Nathan Strong wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 19:13 at the moment its looking bleak with just Bobson Bawling, a player with a long dark history being plagued with numerous injuries
What is this fecking rubbish ~ what 'long dark history being plagued with numerous injuries'?

Can you quantify this slanderous statement? because if you can't then you want to be very careful what you post about people.
MrTee75
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by MrTee75 »

Owers is the problem,no doubt about that for someone who's been in and around management and coaching for some time, his track record is piss poor,I hope I'm wrong but does anyone think he can throw together a squad and get us up?,under him I'd take a mid table position at best,I can't see it getting better than that, Bawling has 1 career goal to his name (I think it's 1),plus he comes to us having hardly played recently,Think Owers will fill the team with loanee's again, trouble is, he's going nowhere anytime soon.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

mersebtpir wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 19:45 What is this fecking rubbish ~ what 'long dark history being plagued with numerous injuries'?

Can you quantify this slanderous statement? because if you can't then you want to be very careful what you post about people.
Chill merse it must be national troll week with the influx of new members over the last week :-D
Lucy
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

I see silly season has started early.....I actually found myself chuckling out loud reading the utter shite posted here tonight. It's deliberately provocative.

If you lot post the same postings in 6 weeks time I'll agree with, as of today, it's utter bollocks

Believe it or not players and managers maybe having a holiday or things are happening in the background.

That comment about Bawling is out of order.
MrTee75
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by MrTee75 »

I'm just seeing the situation before it happens,a realist,you can see the writing on the wall, we'll chuck together a squad and it'll be bang average,and we'll end up about 10th.You heard it here first.Darkhorse for next season....Welling,Jack Jebb is a quality midfielder,and they have a new manager already recruiting well,seem like they are going for it.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

mersebtpir wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 19:45 Can you quantify this slanderous statement? because if you can't then you want to be very careful what you post about people.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The man's not just our local expert on non-league, he's also a ironic comedy genius!
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

The notion that Merse feels qualified to provide such advice given his propensity for issuing personal insults at nearly every opportunity is so ridiculous but for a second I nearly thought he was serious.
Agree.. comedy genius pure and simple.....
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Yorkieandy wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 19:44 Be interesting to hear from Merse how the predicted leading lights of NLS are getting on with their recruitment in comparison.
I value Merse's knowledge on the lower leagues and it would be interesting to hear his views. I have been keeping a eye on the 'Beach Boys' aka Concord Rangers. Sammy Moore's squad for next season is certainly taking shape and they seem to be building a half decent squad.

Their latest signing is former Bradford City, Gillingham and Lincoln playmaker, 25 year old Billy Knott. Good recruitment business to get a pro-footballer to became a part-time player in the NLS.

For a small part-time club whose primary aim this season is to end their relegation struggles they have already added a number of high profile players to a club of their size, including Darford’s Ryan Hayes, Welling defender Jack Parkinson and goalkeeper Sam Beasant.

Not forgetting that Jack Midson is also their player/coach.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 04 Jun 2018, 22:22, edited 2 times in total.