Torquay United V Bristol Rovers 27th April 2013

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Mmm video quality is quite poor and it's quite hard to see but if you watch closely you can see him leg it just before he blows the whistle.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well a game that had everything, mistakes, goals, penalty save, even some decent football to boot, 3 mistakes from us for there goals and ageed Benyon's first was a cracking goal.

Ref complete cock, should have taken out and shot.
Formerly known as forevertufc
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

now thats a sign of a ref who knows he's been a complete c0ck :rofl:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Maybe he presumed there was to be the standard end of season pitch invasion, so left.

Still a bit of a ring-piece though

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

A game I thought would be a draw albeit 2-2 but credit to Knill who clearly turned it around during the half-time team talk.
Yes sign Elliot Benyon and while we are at it Aaron Downes and Rene Howe.
Choosing the right manager next week is obviously key to what will happen next season. I don't envy Mrs Bristow's first big decision.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Sh*t for brains Deadman is a COWARD

Stop calling the c**t hilarious.

Sh*t for brains Deadhead ran for the tunnel and left his linesmen, especially the Popside lino stranded.

What a COWARDLY C**T !!!

Do you know how a Guardsman retreats ? Guardsmen don't retreat, they enact a fighting withdrawal. That c**t Deadman with his COWARDLY action would have run stomach first on to the cold steel of a sharp bayonet.

Aye, Guardsmen withdraw stepping back while facing forward, bayonet fixed.

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Well Deadman walkings plan for a Torquay relegation went up in flames - despite his best efforts

how that man is allowed to ref is beyond me

FA - Joke
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Well we did it. Thanks Chris Cox for keeping me well informed be texts. I applaud the boys for fighting spirit. Shame that there were a couple of reports of Rovers Fans causing trouble. Can someone let us in if this is true.
Now we rebuild for next season. Who is the manager. If Alan Knill stays with Chris Brass. What becomes of Martin Ling. If Martin laing stays, what becomes of Alan Knill et al.
Can we sing Benyon, Downes and Howe or will they be tempted away from Plainmoor by bigger money. Make no mistake we cannot compete with that,. If they want the money there ain't much we can do about it. The next week is going to be crucial. Watch this space.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

It seems c**ts like Deadman will have to be the direct cause of deaths at football grounds before the FA do anything about it?

NORFOLK ENCHANCE

It's c**ts like Deadman (who brown nose their way up the chocolate backside) who are the future FA Establishment.

F@cking God help us.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Referee gave most decisions in your favour. Allowed your players to wrestle ours to the ground and get away with it and booked our players for same offences that he allowed yours to get away with and just to add one in gave a goalkick where Poke clearly punched the ball away. Penalty decision was correct but unfortunately we couldn't take advantage with that or the gilt edged chance straight after. it could have been 3-0 game over but instead moments later it was 1-1. Credit to your players for coming back twice and then taking the lead in a game that should have been deservedly all over but to say that your three goals were good goals and ours were poor is just ridiculous. Your three goals were all down to very poor defending. The referee was like most of the referees we have had this season-poor and most of our supporters would say he favoured you and yours would say he favoured us. IMO just a poor referee.
Anyway at the end of the day a draw was a fair result, neither team deserved to lose and neither team deserved to win. It was exciting from beginning to end and of course congratulations to you for staying up.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

friendlygas wrote:Referee gave most decisions in your favour. Allowed your players to wrestle ours to the ground and get away with it and booked our players for same offences that he allowed yours to get away with and just to add one in gave a goalkick where Poke clearly punched the ball away. Penalty decision was correct but unfortunately we couldn't take advantage with that or the gilt edged chance straight after. it could have been 3-0 game over but instead moments later it was 1-1. Credit to your players for coming back twice and then taking the lead in a game that should have been deservedly all over but to say that your three goals were good goals and ours were poor is just ridiculous. Your three goals were all down to very poor defending. The referee was like most of the referees we have had this season-poor and most of our supporters would say he favoured you and yours would say he favoured us. IMO just a poor referee.
Anyway at the end of the day a draw was a fair result, neither team deserved to lose and neither team deserved to win. It was exciting from beginning to end and of course congratulations to you for staying up.

:lol: and thats why you should leave this forum

also your 2 goals were CRAP, benyons first was a great touch away and finish, jog off!!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Plainmoor Whimper, You lot are certainly touchy tonight for a team that escaped relegation. It was a game that had everything and a draw was a fair result. As regards support didn't hear your roar and for three quarters of the game didn't know you were there as it was just like a home game for us.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Listen Gas Fart, the poster's name is Plainmoor Roar
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

bixieupnorth wrote:i bet theres no more than 4,500 there?? we never ever sell out

we'll get the draw we need i think, 2-2 after being ahead and behind, Benyon brace
:clap: